RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
OoC thread - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Fantasy Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: D&D 3rd Edition (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: The Company of Stalwart Adventurers (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+---- Thread: OoC thread (/showthread.php?tid=83)

RE: OoC thread - Ningalu Baal'urki - 10-10-2018

There's more backstory to Tomeal Smile so Tomeal and Simon are my vote.

RE: OoC thread - Betimi - 10-10-2018

wow I forgot Jonath even existed lol.. Tomeal and Simon have my vote as well, but it is a tough choice. Isn't Gilley MiB's character? maybe he will become active again.. fingers crossed

RE: OoC thread - GM Marvel - 10-10-2018

(10-10-2018, 06:30 PM)Betimi Wrote: wow I forgot Jonath even existed lol..  Tomeal and Simon have my vote as well, but it is a tough choice.  Isn't Gilley MiB's character?  maybe he will become active again.. fingers crossed

Simon has to go with you regardless since he's the one who detected the intense energy signature that matches the portals.  The I suggested one or two other NPCs.

Gilley is actually Aurum's character.  She has withdrawn/left/vanished/stepped away/quit from all games except for games of the site Admins.  I do not know if she will ever be back.  I was only told that she was having RL issues.  In the mean time, I think it's silly just to kill Gilley when we can just toss him in with the rest of the NPCs.  Jonath just disappeared and never came back.

RE: OoC thread - GM Marvel - 10-15-2018

Quite often I flip through old gaming books/mags and find information that may be useful to the game.  In this installment of, Look what GM Marvel has Found, I found an article that gave some new ideas for Familiars.  I thought it possibly might be of interest to Nacesh.  If Nacesh picked up Improved Familiar at least 7th level but retained his Lizard, he could add a new enhancement to the little guy.  In the Lizard's case he would gain an ability called, Regrow.

Quote:Regrow (Ex):  You can heal your own wounds as a paladin lays on hands. each day you can heal a total number of hit points of damage equal to half your arcane spellcasting level x your Charisma modifier.

Since healing is difficult to come by as a Sorcerer I thought it might be something Nacesh might consider.

There are a few others listed such as, 
  • Bats giving blindsense at 12th level (20' distance)
  • Toads giving Hallucinatory Perspiration at 9th level (Creatures biting you make a save or be confused for 1d4 rnds)
  • Cats giving Nine Lives at 5th level (50% chance to stabilize instead of 10%)
  • Snake or Weasel giving Scent at 7th level (As the Scent ability)
  • Raven giving Second Memory at 5th level  (Can aid other on Knowledge checks.^)
  • Rats giving Self-Cannibalize at 9th level (Once/day sacrifice a spell to convert some lethal damage to non-lethal.*)
  • Hawks or Owls giving Tracker at 9th level (+2 move silently and gain low light vision)

^: This is kind of silly.  If the Familiar can talk to you, he should be able to aid you anyways.
*: What?  That sucks!  I think I would change it to something else like the spell level x Charisma Modifier or some other ability.

RE: OoC thread - Forge - 10-30-2018

These are gained through taking the Improved Familiar feat? Neat! I wonder if there was something similar for a beastmaster?

On another note, I've been thinking about buying a folding boat but making it fly. There's got to be a way to make a Folding AirshipSmile

RE: OoC thread - GM Marvel - 11-01-2018

You can make anything if you have enough money.  You would just have to add the cost of the folding boat to some kind of spell like Reverse Gravity.  You are from Eberron so you could hire a WayFinder to take you to one of the stable portals to Eberron and then find a Gnome Artificer to build you a ship.  I think they are the only people able to bind Elementals to a ship.  Or you can just buy an airship in this city and figure out a way to shrink it, fold it, stow it or turn it into a figurine of wondrous power.

Is that Beast Master in the old, Masters of the Wild, book?  I'm not sure if there are feats to enhance the animal companions like Improved Familiar.  I know I have more animals in various sources that can act as Animal Companions.

RE: OoC thread - DM Vitkyng - 11-01-2018

(10-30-2018, 03:00 PM)Forge Wrote: These are gained through taking the Improved Familiar feat? Neat! I wonder if there was something similar for a beastmaster?

On another note, I've been thinking about buying a folding boat but making it fly. There's got to be a way to make a Folding AirshipSmile
Suspension spell https://dndtools.net/spells/shining-south--25/suspension--3292/

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk

RE: OoC thread - Forge - 11-02-2018

(11-01-2018, 01:21 PM)DM Vitkyng Wrote:
(10-30-2018, 03:00 PM)Forge Wrote: These are gained through taking the Improved Familiar feat? Neat! I wonder if there was something similar for a beastmaster?

Suspension spell  https://dndtools.net/spells/shining-south--25/suspension--3292/

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk

What a neat spell! That would pretty much cover it, thanksSmile Just levitate and use the wind to propel the ship.

Change of subject, I just realized I picked the wrong craft skill to repair warforged! Luckily, Kee has the right skill.

Here's my summation of the use of the craft skill to repair warforged, Craft (armorsmithing, blacksmithing, gemcutting, sculpting) repair warforged, 8 hours of work, can take 10 but not 20, check result -15 = amount healed. I can't imagine adventuring all day then having the party dwarf stay up all night to repair the damaged warforged, forgoing the necessity to rest and recover spells.

Personally I feel that any smith has the necessary skills of a blacksmith but with a focus on armor, weapons, etc.  So my question to the DM is to what degree, if any, can my weaponsmith skills be used to self repair if that ever came up?

OoC thread - DM Surranó - 11-14-2018

If both Mil and Nacesh are around and kicking when we hit lv6 then imp fam it is!

Tapatalkkal küldve az én ALE-L21 eszközömről

RE: OoC thread - Forge - 12-02-2018

Sorry for not being around, going through RL stuff. Just need to take a break for a little while.