RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
OoC thread - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Fantasy Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: D&D 3rd Edition (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: The Company of Stalwart Adventurers (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+---- Thread: OoC thread (/showthread.php?tid=83)

RE: OoC thread - Nacesh - 05-22-2017

Roger, both called bloodline.
Roger, ray and ranged are same. The part about attack rolls has always been clear.
Updating sheet.

RE: OoC thread - GM Marvel - 05-23-2017

Sorry for being away longer then I had posted.  The usual life stuff, a friend from out of province that I haven't seen in 5 years was visiting and computer issues were consuming much of my time and/or patience.

RE: OoC thread - GM Marvel - 07-13-2017

There is another thing I should mention that is important.  Magical modes of instant travel are very uncommon in this world.  Spells like Teleport and Dimension Door are very difficult to locate or to even gain access to through special abilities.  Perhaps because there are other forms of travel so readily available that they have never felt the need to develop such spells.  So spells like Teleport and dimension door will be more difficult to locate and will cost more if purchased or acquired on this world.  For classes who can automatically pick those spells just by going up a level will find it more difficult and costly to add these spells to their Spellbooks or their Spells Known.  There are of course certain supernatural creatures who come from other planes like Devils and Demons who can naturally cast Teleport but only powerful creatures of around 10hd or more can teleport without hindrance.  For lesser creatures it takes much more effort.

RE: OoC thread - GM Marvel - 07-14-2017

((How long do we have to wait before we gain our third level?  I've already decided on her class and everything except her feat.  Her choice of items will depend on getting her level, though.))

You can increase your level now.  Just remember to include your favored class skill bonus if you're gaining a level in your race's favored class (or for humans the class you started with at 1st level).  

Everyone has the Able Learner feat so you only pay 1pt for cross classed skills instead of 2pts but you're still limited by the number of skill ranks you can put into those skills.  So at 3rd level your max skill rank is 6 for class skills and 3 for cross class skills.

Hit points are a minimum of half the dice plus one.  So if you roll a d8 and you roll anything from a 1 to 4 your hit points become a 5.  

I also use fractional attack and save modifiers from the Unearthed Arcana.  This only matters for people who are multi-classing.  It fixes situations where you may never advance in attack and saves.  For example, if for your first 2 levels you wanted to be a Rogue1/Bard1 your Attack and Fort saves would all still be +0.  If you added another class without attack or Fort saves and you start to really lag behind.  The Unearthed Arcana changes those values to fractions.  So the Attack for Rogue1 is 0.5 + Bard1 is 0.5 so you would have a +1 bonus instead of +0.  

I think that's everything...

RE: OoC thread - Nacesh - 07-21-2017

(07-13-2017, 03:55 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: There is another thing I should mention that is important.  Magical modes of instant travel are very uncommon in this world.  Spells like Teleport and Dimension Door are very difficult to locate or to even gain access to through special abilities.  Perhaps because there are other forms of travel so readily available that they have never felt the need to develop such spells.  So spells like Teleport and dimension door will be more difficult to locate and will cost more if purchased or acquired on this world.  For classes who can automatically pick those spells just by going up a level will find it more difficult and costly to add these spells to their Spellbooks or their Spells Known.  There are of course certain supernatural creatures who come from other planes like Devils and Demons who can naturally cast Teleport but only powerful creatures of around 10hd or more can teleport without hindrance.  For lesser creatures it takes much more effort.

An interesting perk, if it's less useful then it's less available and thus it's more expensive. Completely logical.
On the other hand if it's less useful then it's less expensive, isn't it? Smile

RE: OoC thread - GM Marvel - 07-21-2017

Why would it be less useful? The hindrances I mentioned were for supernatural beings like Demons who have the standard power of teleport without error.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

RE: OoC thread - Nacesh - 07-24-2017

By "less useful" I meant if there are other ways of transportation then the value of the service is lower (call it a competition if you wish). So from demand's perspective there's probably less demand but on the other hand from offer's perspective there's also less offer. When you "really" need it then it surely must be most expensive. On the other hand, if you are one to offer it then you may go a long time without any clients. Now, in our case, obviously we are on the wrong end of the... deal. I meant deal, really.

RE: OoC thread - Selina Parcellus - 07-31-2017

I don't remember if I rolled Selina's HP for level 3. 17 seems a little...low for a PC with 2 levels in Cleric and one in Crusader...

RE: OoC thread - GM Marvel - 07-31-2017

(07-31-2017, 12:49 PM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: I don't remember if I rolled Selina's HP for level 3. 17 seems a little...low for a PC with 2 levels in Cleric and one in Crusader...

Well, you get max hit points for first level (10) then the minimum you can roll for 2nd level, plus con modifier would be 7 hit points.  Your 17 hit points is the minimum you can roll for a 2nd level cleric.  So you do get to roll hit points for your Crusader class.

I ask that players please record your hit point rolls for each level?  If you get energy drained and lose a level, you don't want to have to roll to see how many hit points you lose for your lost level and end up rolling better for losing hit points than you rolled when you Leveled up.

RE: OoC thread - Selina Parcellus - 07-31-2017

Where can we keep this record on-site? There's a character generation thread but nothing devoted to the completed characters themselves.

EDIT: I will be taking the average for her. So 6+2 is 8 hp at 3rd level