RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
OoC thread - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Fantasy Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: D&D 3rd Edition (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: The Company of Stalwart Adventurers (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+---- Thread: OoC thread (/showthread.php?tid=83)

RE: OoC thread - Selina Parcellus - 05-05-2017

I am considering DMM for her. I love options, and that's just one more really really great option for how to expend turns. The problem lies in how many turn attempts I can generate to power all of this.

EDIT: DMM doesn't require Persist Spell, just the ability to turn/rebuke undead

RE: OoC thread - Selina Parcellus - 05-08-2017

I just realized that, before we do anything else with it, we're supposed to show the body as proof of unreth's death to the kobolds

RE: OoC thread - Forge - 05-08-2017

(05-05-2017, 02:45 AM)GM Marvel Wrote:
(05-05-2017, 02:17 AM)Forge Wrote: I never got into tome of battle and maneuvers but I hear they are great.  Tthe Champion of Moradin is one of my favorite PrC, maybe you could change the fluff on that? Not sure if casting gets advanced though.

I will be away this weekend and most likely unable to post. Don't forget, Forge doesn't sleep so he can guard everyone while they rest!

You will have to remind me what book TCoM is located.

My mistake, it's called Hammer of Moradin, in Player's Guide to Faerun.  All my NPC dwarven kings take levels in this class Smile

RE: OoC thread - Forge - 05-08-2017

(05-08-2017, 09:24 PM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: I just realized that, before we do anything else with it, we're supposed to show the body as proof of unreth's death to the kobolds

Didn't three kobolds see it?  Eek, Meek, P.

RE: OoC thread - Selina Parcellus - 05-08-2017

There was a large group of them that we had to show proof to. Three kobolds does not a tribe make...unless at least one of them is female Big Grin

RE: OoC thread - Nacesh - 05-10-2017

I'm guessing the tribe is three kobolds now, one of them is a shadow dragon. Or I got confused somewhere Smile
In the Prologue of my game Keeper of the Seven Keys we had another druid, a goblin, appointed to be the tribe's chief. He led the tribe to what he thought was safety but then sh*t happened and as a result he and his apprentice became "the" tribe. When he learned this he ended his brief adventuring career before venturing into Chapter 1.

@GM Marvel thanks for the reminder, I don't think I saw your message before, and I wasn't even notified that I was mentioned in your post above.
I'm guessing my fire heritage is a reginal feat from your house rules. (note: you call it Bloodline of Fire and mention that sorcerers gain Heritage as in PF but the PF thing is called Bloodline so I call my salamander heritage "heritage" to make difference)
If the regional feat was for free then I'm considering Rapid Reload (light crossbow) or Weapon Focus (ranged spell). Note that Ice Dagger is not a ray, it's a ranged touch and I've always envisioned Nacesh as a ray-man. (pun intended)
Elemental Spellcasting sounds like a great addition to my fire heritage (+2 CL, right?) and cold bloodline arcana (+1 damage per die) but there's no "Cold" listed as a choice and I can imagine that "Fire" overlaps with my fire heritage. Burning Hands maxes out at CL5 anyway, but would be fine for scorching ray next level, having CL7 meaning 2 scorching rays with a single casting on level 4, not mentioning 9d6 fireballs at level 6. Smile
Later on, I will consider some metamagic like Bend Spell though the extended casting time is quite agressive for sorcerers,
or Ranged Spell Specialization as a follow-up for WF (ranged spell),
or Spell Rehearsal,
or simply Spell Penetration Smile

RE: OoC thread - Selina Parcellus - 05-10-2017

those are just the three with us. There's a fair number of kobolds still inside the caves. Some are webbed up too...unless that was an illusion. The shadow dragon is Powwaw after casting Alter Self.

RE: OoC thread - GM Marvel - 05-11-2017

Yes, there are still Kobold's left behind.  There is also Ohma, the little girl and the unconscious guards.

@Nacesh way back when when you took the feat I remember saying to you that the +2CL could not be stacked with other CL bonuses.  You take the better bonus between your options.

Quote:Bloodline of Fire
You grew up in a region where fire spirits once ran prevalent. As such, your people have the blood of efreet running through them. Gain a +4 save bonus vs. fire effects. In addition, you cast spells with the Fire descriptor at +2 caster level.

The Regional Feat is free.

Quote:cold bloodline arcana (+1 damage per die) but there's no "Cold" listed as a choice and I can imagine that "Fire" overlaps with my fire heritage.

Is Cold Bloodline a feat you're thinking about?  What list are we talking about?

RE: OoC thread - Nacesh - 05-15-2017

Not additive, that's fine.

"Fire heritage" is the name of the regional feat I remembered from PH (and I remembered salamander not efreet, but doesn't really matter). You called it "Bloodline" in Regional feats:
(01-19-2016, 06:19 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: Bloodline of Fire
PRE: Human (Calimshan) or Planetouched (Calimshan)
You grew up in a region where fire spirits once ran prevalent. As such, your people have the blood of efreet running through them. Gain a +4 save bonus vs. fire effects. In addition, you cast spells with the Fire descriptor at +2 caster level.

"Draconic bloodline" is the official name of the sorcerer's ancestral feature in PF and I chose silver dragon for this purpose, hence the cold bloodline. You called it "Sorcerer heritage" in House Rule 35:
(08-07-2015, 02:50 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: 35. Sorcerers gain Heritage from Pathfinder.

So let's decide which one is called "bloodline" and what is the name of the other one. (I'm fine with calling both "bloodlines", maybe calling one "regional bloodline", the other one "sorcerer bloodline")

Since Regional Feat was free I would like to have Weapon Focus (ranged spell). I have to note that I don't know whether such a thing is explicitly mentioned anywhere (PHB mentions rays but not ranged in general), but it is a prerequisite for Ranged Spell Spec (Complete Arcane). In my reading this is a kind of replacement for WF (ray) since (ranged) includes all rays and all missiles that need an attack roll (e.g. Melf's Acid Arrow, or, more importantly, Ice Dagger)

RE: OoC thread - GM Marvel - 05-16-2017

Sorry I haven't been around.  I've been dealing with some stuff.  I hope to post either tonight from work (if the piece o' crap laptop lets me) or tomorrow.

@Nacesh I'm not sure how the name could have been changed because I copy and pasted it from the same website.  So unless for some reason the website changed it's name, it's always been, Bloodline of Fire.

The Bloodline of Fire is a Regional Feat and the name has nothing to do with true Sorcerer's Bloodline.

That is strange how the Player's handbook specifically says, "Ray" but the Complete Arcane says, "Ranged Spell."  I wish they would be a little more consistent.  I did a quick look around and the Complete Arcane is the only place that mentions Weapon Focus: Ranged Spell.  Pathfinder only mentions Rays and PF doesn't seem to have a Ranged Spell Specialization.  So for now, just consider any Rays and Ranged spells the same thing as long as they require an attack roll.  So if you were to take Ray/Ranged Spell Specialization, you would get the +2 on damage for Ray's (first ray only if spell has multiple rays), Orbs, Missiles, etc.  Not things like Lightning bolts that don't require an attack roll.