RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
OoC thread - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Fantasy Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: D&D 3rd Edition (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: The Company of Stalwart Adventurers (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+---- Thread: OoC thread (/showthread.php?tid=83)

RE: OoC thread - Selina Parcellus - 03-31-2017

ok...quite honestly I have no idea what to do here. Selina cant hit Unreth from range unless I roll a 20. She has enough health to last for a turn or two before they are all overwhelmed, and she cant move out of Unreth's range and drag Tomeal away. Forge won't last, so the first thing to do is tell him to disengage...but then what?

RE: OoC thread - Forge - 03-31-2017

I know I only have a chance of hitting this guy if I roll a 20 so I fighting defensively. If you withdraw Forge had a chance to strike. If we had some kind of concealment, hence why I was trying to burn the post and make smoke, we would be better off. Actually, the water may be our friend here by granting concealment. We will be blind though.

I think we should gather our wounded and dead and live o fight another day. I will selflessly carry Tomeal and his weaponsSmile

The good news is, Unreth might not have combat reflexes so Forge can get away without provoking an AoO! I thought Unreth was the greater threat and we would focus our attacks on him. Between Gilley, and Betimi, and Nacesh I thought our ranged attacks were pretty good.

I wonder if Nacesh or Gilley could ignite the grease on the ceiling? Or did it's duration expire?

Since Forge is almost dead, I think Selina is the best choice to draw the potential AoO. She pulls him out and if Unreth still has an AoO left, she takes it because she has close to full HP. Everyone leaves, we get Tomeal and his stuff, we get the captives, and live to tell Cantus about the threat under their noses.

Also, Grease is round/level, so the max would be two rounds. I think it's already expired.

RE: OoC thread - Betimi - 03-31-2017

Also grease is non-flammable... there is a higher level flammable version. Guess it's a water based lubricant. There is a sick joke there.

The kobold swarm meant we had to divide our focus too much, and the Blur effect that Unreth has really doesn't help, as 20% of the time we miss even with the natural 20.

Yep. He who fights and runs away...makes his opponent waste a lot of spells for nothing.

RE: OoC thread - GM Marvel - 03-31-2017

I just want to point out that his blur has yet to do much of anything except make him look a little fuzzy. And the grease spell was on a scroll and lasts 1 rnd/level so it's likely finished now unless Nacesh bought a higher level spell than min caster level which is 1st.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

No, it's our own ineptness (Gilley notwithstanding Wink ) at doing any ranged hits. That was our problem in the first battle, it still is a problem. If we could get Unreth down on the ground and keep it there, battle would be over and done with. Selina did good damage, Forge and Tomeal did their parts, and a round or two more of that and it's over.

RE: OoC thread - GM Marvel - 03-31-2017

Were you calculating the +2 attack with crossbow at point blank range into your to hit calculations? The +2 acts as penetration against armored or natural armored foes. If they don't have either protection then you don't get the bonus. Or if all they have is +1 natural armor then you just get +1 to hit. Does that make sense?

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Have you considered turning the +2 to hit into +2 damage for unarmored opponents? I like what you did with crossbows, I think it makes them more enticing as a weapon without taking anything away from bow users.