RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
OoC thread - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Fantasy Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: D&D 3rd Edition (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: The Company of Stalwart Adventurers (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+---- Thread: OoC thread (/showthread.php?tid=83)

RE: OoC thread - Betimi - 11-15-2016

And selina has Charisma modifier so just a few ranks in Handle Animal and she's set.. only problem is that non-animal companions do not scale, so he'd end up needing protection later on. But you can retire him to guard your home later on too .

RE: OoC thread - Selina Parcellus - 11-15-2016

Dogs sleep with one ear open at all times. This could technically mean that they don't gain the usual penalty to listen while asleep (pending DM okay). They also have scent.

RE: OoC thread - Gilley - 11-15-2016

Gilley has scent too, but it's not always a good one...
Wink

RE: OoC thread - Selina Parcellus - 11-15-2016

Hazards of being on the road all the time, I guess: always meting new people, smelling them, not wanting to smell again...Wink Tongue

RE: OoC thread - GM Marvel - 11-18-2016

I'm sorry for my slow posting.  We have an extra client at work that is requiring more of my attention.  Also we got this awesome new wheelchair ramp put in last April/May that is made out of some kind of Plastic material.  Unfortunately management must not have asked about how slippery it can get when we have a bit of morning frost.  I've slipped 3 times on that ramp and though I was able to catch myself from completely wiping out, the sudden jolt was enough to do something to my right hip.  Every time I tried to sit or bend it felt like knife was sliding into the back of my right hip.  It almost felt like I had cracked something.  The pain is finally going away but for a few days I could only sit at the computer for short periods before I had to go lay down.

RE: OoC thread - Nacesh - 11-23-2016

Thanks for taking over for me. I really appreciate. Just getting back to everyday chores after my daughter's "sick leave".

RE: OoC thread - Nacesh - 12-12-2016

Do you have some clues if all's right with our beloved @GM Marvel ?

RE: OoC thread - GM Marvel - 12-12-2016

I'm still here.  It's coming up to year end at work so there's a lot of paperwork, training and filing which needs to be done.  I'm also taking extra holiday time (3 weeks instead of 1.5 weeks   Cool  ) which means there's a bit more of a scramble.  So that means I just work Monday and Tuesday then I'm done until Jan 4th!  Big Grin  On top of that I've been having a bit of computer problems.  I thought buying a new mouse would fix the problem but that didn't work.  Since my PC is around 10 years old I just decided to go buy a new computer from a store that I trusted but it seems their honesty isn't what it use to be so I basically purchased a glorified paperweight.  I should have known better and I will be returning it very soon!  Dodgy

I really appreciate everyone's patients.  I'll be posting more regularly in a few days.

RE: OoC thread - Forge - 12-14-2016

(12-14-2016, 05:10 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: OoC: Except the walls are not rough enough to hide along.  There are 1' beams (as shown on the map) that help support the passageways but they would provide little in the way of cover to hide behind once the Kobolds approached closer, which they would certainly do as soon as any of them spotted even the faintest flicker of light.  You have to remember, the Kobold told you that they are waiting to ambush anyone who crosses the bridges.  They have a couple of Kobolds watching the passage where you are, just in case you didn't take the bridge, but they are currently distracted by a metal statue (New Player) that was just unearthed.  A torches light is 20'/40'.  From where you are standing now, as soon as you light a torch, the Kobolds to the north will likely spot the shadowy illumination and realize you are approaching from the south.  Unreth will likely send a good chunk of his protectors south to fight you which means the people hidden behind the 1' pillars won't be be able to hide much longer because to anyone with darkvision Jonath and Betimi will stick out like a sore thumb.  This is one of the reasons I hate Darkvison.  Dodgy   It would be like them trying to hide behind a 1' pillar in broad daylight.  It's just a matter of how close do the Kobolds get before noticing them.

Aren't they hiding behind the food crates used to cross the river??? Right???? "No those crates aren't moving closer, kobold, that's just your imagination." ;D

RE: OoC thread - GM Marvel - 12-14-2016

The food crate they used to ferry themselves across is still in the river. Did someone say they were retrieving their rope or are you leaving the rope there in case you need to make a get away?

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk