RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
OoC thread - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Fantasy Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: D&D 3rd Edition (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: The Company of Stalwart Adventurers (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+---- Thread: OoC thread (/showthread.php?tid=83)

RE: OoC thread - Nacesh - 02-22-2016

Certainly not offended OOC but my character may be offended IC Smile
As for weekends-- hard for me as well. I really like the current pace better than the earlier madness of 50+ posts a week (or was it 100+?)

RE: OoC thread - GM Marvel - 02-22-2016

Different people have different expectations.  Some people like PbP because of the slow pace in their otherwise hectic lives while others come to PbP because they don't have a regular game group so they play because they don't have any other options.  Since they don't have that weekly or biweekly fix they want the game to move quicker.

Personally, I have no intentions of stopping the game yet.  I'm enjoying myself and I have some interesting things ahead for the group.  Things that could have a planet spanning impact to this game world.  I haven't even introduced this idea to my real world game which plays in this Campaign.  Yet...

FYI...

I would like to give people a friendly reminder to do things like paying attention to the map and searching for secret doors, etc.  Since this is the first mission and we are still kind of learning what to expect (ie rules, game play, player style, DM style)  I will give a hint by saying that you guys missed at least one fairly obvious secret door.  While Jonath is scouting ahead there is no reason why the people staying behind couldn't be searching the walls, floors, ore carts, bridges, boxes, ect.  

I should also mention that my house rule for possibly detecting traps without actually saying you are searching is only for characters who have the Trap Sense ability such as what Rogues get at 3rd level.  Most rogue classes get the ability but not all.  From what I can see, the Psionic Rogue does not get the ability.  I'm not sure why they don't.  I will have to look into the class to see if it was an oversight.  So Jonath should be taking the time to actually search for traps.

RE: OoC thread - GM Marvel - 02-23-2016

I looked up Psychic Rogue and it seems they replaced the Trap Sense ability that most rogue classes have and gave them Danger Sense at 5th level.  So as long as you stay psionicly focused your intuitive sense alerts you to danger from traps, giving you a +4 insight bonus on Reflex saves to avoid traps and a +4 insight bonus to Armor Class against attacks by traps.  That means until 5th level Psychic Rogue Jonath will have to actively search for traps.

RE: OoC thread - Selina Parcellus - 02-23-2016

(02-22-2016, 07:19 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: Different people have different expectations.  Some people like PbP because of the slow pace in their otherwise hectic lives while others come to PbP because they don't have a regular game group so they play because they don't have any other options.  Since they don't have that weekly or biweekly fix they want the game to move quicker.

Personally, I have no intentions of stopping the game yet.  I'm enjoying myself and I have some interesting things ahead for the group.  Things that could have a planet spanning impact to this game world.  I haven't even introduced this idea to my real world game which plays in this Campaign.  Yet...

I'm a bit of both. I'm in another campaign on myth-weavers that's a lot more fast-paced, but I really like this one regardless. I've been in several PbP games that emphasize RP and involve deep world-spanning objectives, so I'm glad to have found one.

RE: OoC thread - Betimi - 02-23-2016

Same hewre I seem to go in fits and spurts. some days I can't even look at RPGaddicts, other times I seem to be able to look in every few hours.

RE: OoC thread - GM Marvel - 02-27-2016

I'm just letting everyone that I've been speaking with Mardak via PM and we could not come to an understanding so I've removed him from all my games.  I don't take such a move lightly and it is something I've never had to do in the nearly 30 years of gaming.  I will be making his leaving as easy as possible so it shouldn't effect game play.

RE: OoC thread - Jonath - 02-28-2016

Thanks for letting us know. I'm sorry it had to come to that, but he honestly has never seemed to quite fit in this game, and I think we will all (including him) find more enjoyment from the decision.

RE: OoC thread - Selina Parcellus - 02-29-2016

Ditto what Jonath said.

RE: OoC thread - Betimi - 02-29-2016

I agree, even his play style seemed erratic.

RE: OoC thread - Nacesh - 02-29-2016

Personally I couldn't tell if it was erratic PC style or faithful roleplay on purpose...