RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
OoC thread - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Fantasy Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: D&D 3rd Edition (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: The Company of Stalwart Adventurers (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+---- Thread: OoC thread (/showthread.php?tid=83)

RE: OoC thread - Nacesh - 02-05-2016

Wow... last posts are mine in both OOC and IC threads... and that was over a day ago... honestly I don't mind if my presence twice a week is sufficient to participate in the story without holding back your horses.

RE: OoC thread - GM Marvel - 02-05-2016

I've been having trouble making time to post. I hoped to post from work but something is going on with their computers. Also Jonath is kind of leading the group right now and he hasn't posted yet.

Hopefully I can post in the morning.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

RE: OoC thread - GM Marvel - 02-09-2016

Sorry for the slow down in posting.  I've been feeling blah and I've picked up extra shifts so I've been extra exhausted.  I've actually managed to get some sleep so I'm feeling a little better.

Because of my slow posting I'm granting everyone 100xps.  That will put Nacesh 20xp away from 2nd level.  Computers at work (or the site) is acting slow so I will make the adjustments in the experience thread when I can.

RE: OoC thread - Nacesh - 02-11-2016

Wow cool Smile
Meanwhile I managed to squeeze some time in and added some missing parts to my sheet. Weapon stats and spells, that is. Equipment still missing. Silly me didn't take notes, had everything on PH :'(

As for level 0 spells:
- His academic background cries out for Detect Magic, Read Magic and either Prestidigitation or Light so I chose the former because you so generously hinted how useful it may be to clean up the mess we made.
- The fourth slot is a practical choice based on bloodline-- ray of frost for +50% damage on average! (1d3+1 instead of 1d3, yaaay Smile I hope it multiplies on a crit as well)

As for spells used for the day: I haven't looked up how many spells we used since last time camping but it's quite a safe assumption that his mage armor (still on?) and at least two (if not three) burning hands have been cast, leaving one (or none) level 1 spell to cast. I don't think he'd used up all the level 0 slots though, only used detect magic and prestidigitation, leaving three more level 0 slots for the day.

If you think Nacesh cast more since breaking camp just specify how many slots left for the day and I will update the sheet accordingly.

RE: OoC thread - Selina Parcellus - 02-11-2016

In 3.5 (in Complete Mage, I think...could be wrong though) all of the feats and attributes that apply to melee or ranged attacks can apply to touch or ranged touch attacks for spells. That also means that the penalties apply as well.

So, I believe that critting with a ray spell would mean double damage...but you also get the 'range firing into melee' penalty as well.

RE: OoC thread - Mardak Trannyth - 02-11-2016

Whoa...Who is this Selina person??  :p

Glad you are maybe back?  Perhaps Smile

RE: OoC thread - Nacesh - 02-12-2016

(02-11-2016, 04:58 PM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: In 3.5 (in Complete Mage, I think...could be wrong though) all of the feats and attributes that apply to melee or ranged attacks can apply to touch or ranged touch attacks for spells. That also means that the penalties apply as well.

So, I believe that critting with a ray spell would mean double damage...but you also get the 'range firing into melee' penalty as well.

Yes I am aware of that. Actually we could just abuse that a bit. The bloodline description says,
"spell deals +1 point of damage per die rolled".
Now, if a crit is 2d3 does it mean a grand total of 2d3+4 points of damage? (+2 for 2 dice and x2 for crit Smile )

RE: OoC thread - GM Marvel - 02-15-2016

Oddly, the post I made here also seems to have vanished.   Huh

@Nacesh, your sheet is invisible to me again.  Could you please make it available.  My name there is Shaemess.

@Mardak, your sheet is also invisible.

Also, which bloodline do you have?  We were using the Sorcerer bloodline from Pathfinder.

RE: OoC thread - Mardak Trannyth - 02-15-2016

Made Shaemess the Editor of my sheet. Should work now

RE: OoC thread - Nacesh - 02-16-2016

A silly question but haven't you accidentally logged out?
I changed from editor to viewer and back to editor; please check if it's ok now. If still not ok I'll remove and re-add your permission from scratch.
I have a funny coupling of salamander heritage (+2 cl to fire) and silver draconic bloodline (+1 damage per die to cold). It was probably my great-grandfather, a half-dragon, who met my great-grandmother, a half-salamander, both outcasts of their respective societies. Smile