RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
OoC thread - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Fantasy Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: D&D 3rd Edition (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: The Company of Stalwart Adventurers (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+---- Thread: OoC thread (/showthread.php?tid=83)

RE: OoC thread - Mardak Trannyth - 11-16-2015

Don't mean anything bad I just asked YOU the player how far along you are for creating your character.  It looks like you are still making her, that is all I meant by it.  I guess she isn't a lizardfolk-ish person anymore judging by her avatar.   

I'm just saying the cleric got up on Betimi's and Mardak's shift. He was resting like what was told for him to do from Selina and from Betimi. He was not asleep.  He saw her get up and go (easy to see someone get up from their spot in camp that is lit and not even 20 ft away), and in any case, nobody made any rolls.  I guess that entire scene was a dream.

RE: OoC thread - Selina Parcellus - 11-16-2015

Yes. Selina doesn't think he's a murderer at all, just a fool who uses his lower brain more than his upper brain. By the way...It's called a "Revengerection." ;-)

Selina never made any listen, spot, or search checks mainly because she's not the most perceptive person. She simply assumed that Mardak was busy being half-dead and the others were busy doing other things.

RE: OoC thread - Mardak Trannyth - 11-16-2015

Well Mardak wasn't half dead, in fact his Con was almost fully restored. And Mardak did not go over to where Selina was bathing, he just saw her leave. He wondered why.

RE: OoC thread - GM Marvel - 11-17-2015

I'm not sure why this even has to be explained.  I feel like I'm being turned into "the big bad DM" when this is common sense.  I want everyone to have fun and to be honest, all of you are excellent(!) Role players!  I just want to nip this in the bud in case this comes up again during something important.  

Regardless of semantics or back tracking, everyone has to role play what they are doing.  You can't just say, oh well I didn't say anything at the time but I did it anyways, tee hee.  When you do that, you aren't giving anyone a chance to role play.  In that particular situation, Betimi had no chance to ask where Mardak was going or to follow him or to ask, ummm why are you peeping at the Priestess.  And Selina was given no chance (even though it was implied he had seen something) to notice Mardak.  Also, Selina might say she isn't that perceptive, but she has a huge Wisdom (+4) which happens to be the stat that Listen and Spot are based.  While Mardak's hide and move silently is based upon his Dex (+0).  So Selina could have easily noticed Mardak and it would have most likely created an interesting role playing opportunity which means bonus xp's.  The reason I created a Campfire thread is so you guys can role play as much as you want without people feeling like the players who are role playing are slowing down the action in the game.

So please, role play until your heart is content and give others a chance to role play with you.   Smile

RE: OoC thread - GM Marvel - 11-17-2015

(11-16-2015, 10:21 PM)Selina Parcellus Wrote:  She simply assumed that Mardak was busy being half-dead and the others were busy doing other things.

And you would be correct.  Mardak was taken off guard duty to rest because he was swatted and nearly killed.  Betimi and the Soldier was sitting right there on watch.  You could assume that even though you might not be sure about the Soldiers morals that if he (or anyone) had tried to sneak off in your general direction that Betimi would have your back, cuz most women do that kind of thing.  So why would you think anyone would be peeping on you?    Blush

RE: OoC thread - Jonath - 11-17-2015

I'm probably not going to be able to post much for the next week or so. Going out of town for a funeral, so I'll be doing a lot of driving and may be staying with elderly family members who don't have computers, etc. I'll have my phone so I will probably check in periodically and may get in a small post or two, but probably nothing extensive.

RE: OoC thread - GM Marvel - 11-18-2015

Thanks for letting us know and I am sorry for your loss. Take as much time as you need.

RE: OoC thread - Jonath - 12-03-2015

Sorry for not posting sooner guys. As with Marvel, life, work, etc. have kept me pretty busy, so I didn't get a chance to get in here and do my roguely duty very well.

RE: OoC thread - DM Surranó - 12-09-2015

Howly sheath... Jonath I liked your details on the astral construct soooOOOooo much! My vote for this session's RP bonus goes for this post!

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk

RE: OoC thread - GM Marvel - 12-15-2015

I'd like to thank you guys for keeping the roleplaying going.  I've been under the weather and haven't had much energy to do much other than lay in bed.  Tonight happens to be my last shift of the year Big Grin (unless I pick up a shift)  Dodgy  

So I should be around a lot more for the next 17ish days.  Big Grin  I know for some of us, it will be busy over the holidays but I hope to get this mission finished or at least close to being finished.  In case some of you aren't around over the holidays, I'd like to say Happy Holiday's or Merry Christmas, or Happy whatever you celebrate.  Smile