RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
OoC thread - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Fantasy Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: D&D 3rd Edition (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: The Company of Stalwart Adventurers (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+---- Thread: OoC thread (/showthread.php?tid=83)

RE: OoC thread - Selina Parcellus - 02-02-2022

Believe me, I feel ya there.

RE: OoC thread - Selina Parcellus - 02-15-2022

I've looked into Armor Spikes and I think I've solved the debate.  They're considered weapons despite not being obviously wielded.  This from the SRD:

"You can have spikes added to your armor, which allow you to deal extra piercing damage (see Table: Weapons) on a successful grapple attack. The spikes count as a martial weapon. If you are not proficient with them, you take a -4 penalty on grapple checks when you try to use them. You can also make a regular melee attack (or off-hand attack) with the spikes, and they count as a light weapon in this case. (You can’t also make an attack with armor spikes if you have already made an attack with another off-hand weapon, and vice versa.)"

...refers to spikes as a martial weapon.  Also:

"An enhancement bonus to a suit of armor does not improve the spikes’ effectiveness, but the spikes can be made into magic weapons in their own right."

So, you can add enhancement bonuses and other magical properties (*cough*Defending*cough*) to a set of armor spikes.  This likely means you can attach spikes to a shield with similar effect:

"When added to your shield, these spikes turn it into a martial piercing weapon that increases the damage dealt by a shield bash as if the shield were designed for a creature one size category larger than you. You can’t put spikes on a buckler or a tower shield. Otherwise, attacking with a spiked shield is like making a shield bash attack.

An enhancement bonus on a spiked shield does not improve the effectiveness of a shield bash made with it, but a spiked shield can be made into a magic weapon in its own right."

EDIT: Just thought about it a bit more. A spiked shield is no more or less a weapon than a regular shield, it just deals more damage if you shield bash with it.

RE: OoC thread - DM Vitkyng - 02-18-2022

Creeps quietly into the room, hesitant lookig very unstead..

Hello to everyone.

For those of you wondering where I have been for the last three weeks, sick,, very very sick.

It started with a simple case of pink eye, which, while inconvenient was not seemingly a big deal. Having only one eye did slow me down, so I dfecided just to take a few dys off posting, so that I could save my energy for work.

A week of polysporin eyedrops later it was no getting any better. Not worse, just not better. So I went to the walk-in clinic and the Dr. there prescribed Erythromycin ointment. I any normal person, that would have been the end of it. Nope. Not me.

I found out the VERY hard way that I am allergic to erythromycin. Within an hour or so of applying the eye ointment ny eye had swollen until bulged from my eye-socket, swollen totally shut and was streaming pus.

I called the clinic, they had me come to see the same Dr. She sent me immediatly to the ER.

They put me on IV antibiotics for 10 days.

Of course, by this time I was so ick I could barely stand, was taking days off work and having enough trouble seeing through the pain that I wouldn't even look at the websitre. When I wasn't working, I was sleeping.

Yesterday they finally finished the IV, but the infection has not cleared yet. So they have given me some oral antibiotics and steroid ointment for my eye.

I am a little better today, so hopeful.

If all goes well I will be catching up on my threads over thge weekend.

RE: OoC thread - Selina Parcellus - 02-19-2022

Vitkyng! Welcome back! We’ve missed you. Please take your time and return to as full health as you need. Like I said in the ic posts, and I’m sure others will agree, your health is paramount. This is just a game.

RE: OoC thread - Crozar the Sunspot - 02-21-2022

So this door riddle. The only other solution that occurs to me is related to the Norse myth of Odin and the Well of Wisdom, where in he had to give up an eye to gain knowledge. However Crozar would have no way of knowing that myth, not am I sure it is an answer, but given that only one eye in the mask is a trap, maybe it is also the key.

RE: OoC thread - GM Marvel - 02-22-2022

(02-21-2022, 01:41 PM)Crozar the Sunspot Wrote: So this door riddle.  The only other solution that occurs to me is related to the Norse myth of Odin and the Well of Wisdom, where in he had to give up an eye to gain knowledge.  However Crozar would have no way of knowing that myth, not am I sure it is an answer, but given that only one eye in the mask is a trap, maybe it is also the key.

If only you were on a world that knows of Norse Myths...

RE: OoC thread - Crozar the Sunspot - 03-04-2022

I've gone back to look and can't find a clear answer. Do Elementarii use spells books? The only tool I can find it specifically reference is the gnoscourge.

RE: OoC thread - GM Marvel - 03-05-2022

(03-04-2022, 01:24 PM)Crozar the Sunspot Wrote: I've gone back to look and can't find a clear answer.  Do Elementarii use spells books?  The only tool I can find it specifically reference is the gnoscourge.

No, Elementarii don't use spell books.  As soon as they gain a class level high enough to cast a new level of spells they suddenly learn all the spells on their list for the new level.  Your spell list is always available to you so you don't have to memorize any spells when you wake up.  Though I can't find any specific info about Elementarii, I assume after 8 hours of sleep you then need 15 minutes to ready your mind, just like a Sorcerer.  Beguilers appear to know their spells exactly like Elementarii.  It's probably why your lists are quite a bit smaller than a typical wizard's list.

RE: OoC thread - Kubo - 03-06-2022

Just to keep everyone abreast of recent developments, DMvitkyng underwent eye surgery yesterday due to complications from his eye infection. Hopefully he will recover soon, but until then all his campaigns and character interactions on RPGADDICTS are on hold.

RE: OoC thread - Kubo - 07-01-2022

Sorry for my lack of posts today, I am a bit of an emotional mess today, as my cat passed away this afternoon noon, She was an amazing old girl (between 18 and 26 years old), it was an honor to be chosen by her 16 years ago and it was my privilege to spoil her rotten for as long as we had her.