RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
OoC thread - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Fantasy Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: D&D 3rd Edition (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: The Company of Stalwart Adventurers (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+---- Thread: OoC thread (/showthread.php?tid=83)

RE: OoC thread - GM Marvel - 11-01-2021

(11-01-2021, 06:17 PM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: She already has Extend Spell.

Ok then.  I don't think I've ever seen her use it so that's why I didn't look. 

You can never have too many Extra Turnings.  Spontaneous Domains could be nice if you like the spells.  You could also take Weapon focus or power attack.

Mitigate Suffering is pretty helpful to take care of ability damage.

RE: OoC thread - Selina Parcellus - 11-01-2021

(11-01-2021, 06:24 PM)GM Marvel Wrote:

You can never have too many Extra Turnings.  Spontaneous Domains could be nice if you like the spells.  You could also take Weapon focus or power attack.

I also had her take Quicken Spell and she hasn't used it yet.  I don't know if she has enough slots to make either worthwhile yet.  Agreed on Extra Turning, especially since I plan on eventually taking Divine Metamagic (Persistent Spell).  Spontaneous Domain, I mentioned in IC, but it's an ACF, not a feat.  Can't take it now.

(11-01-2021, 06:38 PM)Selina Parcellus Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 06:24 PM)GM Marvel Wrote:

I also had her take Quicken Spell and she hasn't used it yet.  I don't know if she has enough slots to make either worthwhile yet.  Agreed on Extra Turning, especially since I plan on eventually taking Divine Metamagic (Persistent Spell).  Spontaneous Domain, I mentioned in IC, but it's an ACF, not a feat.  Can't take it now.

Spontaneous Domains is a feat.  >> HERE <<  But I see there's also a Spontaneous Domains ACF.

RE: OoC thread - Selina Parcellus - 11-01-2021

Ah, yeah that's not the Spontaneous Domain that I'm thinking of. The ACF is much better. Basically, she loses Spontaneous Cure Spells and instead chooses one of her domains. She can channel spell energy from her regular spells and cast that domain's spells instead. So she could choose Travel Domain and channel Girallon's Blessing (if she had prepared it) for Fly.

RE: OoC thread - Selina Parcellus - 11-18-2021

Well...that already tells us a few things about it. Looks like it's immune or heavily resistant to piercing damage, but does take slashing damage. Acid didn't seem to harm it. How tall is it?

RE: OoC thread - GM Marvel - 11-18-2021

That's possible but there are other resistances that are possible too.  

Both creatures are sized large.

RE: OoC thread - Selina Parcellus - 12-02-2021

Everyone is +4 against the purple creature right now. Tomeal is a further +2 in addition to this. We can at least hit them successfully.

EDIT: And, on the subject of this particular combat...KILLITWITHFIRE!!!

Big Grin

RE: OoC thread - GM Marvel - 12-02-2021

(12-02-2021, 02:52 PM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: Everyone is +4 against the purple creature right now. Tomeal is a further +2 in addition to this.  We can at least hit them successfully.

EDIT: And, on the subject of this particular combat...KILLITWITHFIRE!!!

Big Grin

How long do those effects last?

RE: OoC thread - Selina Parcellus - 12-15-2021

The effects of each Maneuver only last one round unless stated otherwise. Each Stance lasts for as long as the martial adept maintains the stance. So, basically, her Island of Blades effect lasts until she spends a swift action to change it.

And can I say...I SOOOOOO cannot wait for her next level, when she can pick up White Raven Tactics. It's so awesome.

Also, I can't remember if this question was asked, but can I respec her maneuvers/stances when she levels up? Crusaders can do it when they gain certain class levels, but I'm not sure how you want that to interact with your game.