RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
OOC - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Admin Discussions (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+---- Forum: The Last Knight (DM Man in Black) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=101)
+---- Thread: OOC (/showthread.php?tid=481)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

RE: OOC - Garlen Veir - 07-27-2017

(07-27-2017, 05:54 PM)Nova Wrote:
(07-27-2017, 04:55 PM)Garlen Veir Wrote: [OoC given that it is about to be three on one with Thugs 2 and 3 attacking moi, and Thug 1 likely to do the same once his eyes are clear Garlen will take a defensive stance. I have no idea how that works? STR or DEX?]

Brawling parry is a DEX skill, as is melee parry. What's nice about the "reaction" defensive skills is that you can wait until you're attacked to defend — although if you've already performed an action that round, it stacks and you would incur the -1D multi-action penalty for the additional action. If you haven't done anything yet, or declare it outright like you're doing now, you roll your full total.

The parry should be good for all close-quarters attacks that turn. So if all 3 dudes attack you once, you're good with your one brawling parry roll. If you're attacked again the next turn, but in the same round, it's a new defensive roll at -1D, IIRC.

Thanks

RE: OOC - Man in Black - 07-28-2017

You would have better luck picking up Grape Ape and using him as a weapon against the table.

Parrying is a lot easier than dodging blasters, so adding it to the difficulty makes sense. Did we discuss defenses and multiple attackers in the OOC somewhere? I swear we did, but I can't remember what I said or where. I know, I'm the worst.

RE: OOC - Nova - 07-28-2017

@Garlen Veir, MiB makes a good 1E point, in First Edition the DC gets added to your defense roll. So if you're at "Very Easy" close range of DC 5, you get +5 to your parry roll total.

If you are attacked with a weapon while you're unarmed though, the attacker gets a +10 to hit, unless you have a melee weapon or object to counter the bonus.
And now that you mention it, I think we may've talked about defense and multiple attackers sometime way back when, in the OOC or character creation threads?

And @Man in Black, @Jendu Verbenti would roll DEX/melee combat for using his shirt as an improvised grappling weapon, right?

RE: OOC - Man in Black - 07-29-2017

Why can't you people just take normal actions? Er, I mean great creativity you guys. :p

So trying to grapple somebody with their shirt? Ok Jackie Chan, it still sounds like brawling too me, but you're making it more difficult with an improvised weapon and no training. The only form of grappling I know that begins with shirts coming off is not suitable for a family friendly venue such as this.

The DC of 5 isn't a range thing. It's just very easy to strike someone with your hand. This includes your basic punch, pimp slaps, bitch slaps, knuckle sandwiches, and why-I-never slaps.

You'll have to excuse me. At the tail end of the graveyard shift this is the most hilarious ever.

RE: OOC - Garlen Veir - 07-29-2017

(07-29-2017, 12:29 PM)Man in Black Wrote: So trying to grapple somebody with their shirt? Ok Jackie Chan, it still sounds like brawling too me, but you're making it more difficult with an improvised weapon and no training. The only form of grappling I know that begins with shirts coming off is not suitable for a family friendly venue such as this.

I dunno, if Jendu engaged the thug in that sort of grapple the shock value might completely win the fight. At least that thug would never mess with us again Big Grin

RE: OOC - Tiktuk - 07-31-2017

Actually MiB the second they pick up an object to attack with it is according to the skill Melee Weapon, Not brawling.. Just thought I would put that out their; But we will go with your ruling.

ex: "I am gonna kill you with my Tea cup." Tea cup to the heart through sturnum. Guy Dies (See Riddick)
ex 2: Moo Gi Gong Kung Foo. A martial Art that uses improvised items as weapons, everything from grass to chains & pipes, this includes the use of ropes. It is a weapons heavy form of martial arts. Its unarmed skill is called Hapkido.

RE: OOC - Nova - 07-31-2017

"OK, Jackie Chan" LOL. I hope that this is a character direction Jendu pursues.

RE: OOC - Rahullu - 07-31-2017

(07-31-2017, 03:18 PM)Nova Wrote: "OK, Jackie Chan" LOL. I hope that this is a character direction Jendu pursues.

With the force anything is possible

RE: OOC - Nova - 07-31-2017

(07-31-2017, 06:04 PM)Rahullu Wrote: With the force anything is possible

Now you're starting to sound like me and my space-cadet ways! Wink 
BTW: I'm about to jump on Big Purple's back and try cover his eyes. Hope you pin him before I do something stupid  Tongue

RE: OOC - Rahullu - 08-01-2017

I think a kick is str+1

Skickat från min SM-N9005 via Tapatalk