RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
OOC - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Admin Discussions (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+---- Forum: The Last Knight (DM Man in Black) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=101)
+---- Thread: OOC (/showthread.php?tid=481)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

RE: OOC - Nova - 07-09-2017

(07-09-2017, 08:21 AM)Man in Black Wrote: I worked in a jail for 9 years.  You won't believe have the crap those guys do.  If they could use that creativity and drive to do something useful, they'd be wealthy.  They do blow up quite a few electrical sockets, though.  Sometimes even the tv connected to the socket.

(07-09-2017, 09:29 AM)Rahullu Wrote: I hav also worked in a jail as a teacher thou and in minmum security, so we did not have those problems.

No kidding! Very interesting. In your guys' experience, what are some of the other most accurate / least accurate things about how jail is usually represented in movies/tv/books? What were some of the oddest, craziest, or even most normal things you guys saw?

RE: OOC - Nova - 07-09-2017

(07-08-2017, 12:41 PM)Rahullu Wrote:
(07-08-2017, 12:03 PM)Man in Black Wrote: Yeah, scanning equipment is pretty damn good these days.  But hey, you're in prison.  There are all kinds of knives to be found.  Wink

Should look for a shiv in the libary then according to Orange is the new blackBig Grin Comlinks there as well...

Haha, if Orange is the New Black is the model for this prison, then we're either in trouble or in great shape.

Also, thanks for the clarification on whether or not we were in separate cells or together. Had gone back on forth, changing my post. Fixed!

And how is Jendu? Hope Shunna is doing ok!

RE: OOC - Rahullu - 07-10-2017

(07-09-2017, 06:29 PM)Nova Wrote:
(07-09-2017, 08:21 AM)Man in Black Wrote: I worked in a jail for 9 years.  You won't believe have the crap those guys do.  If they could use that creativity and drive to do something useful, they'd be wealthy.  They do blow up quite a few electrical sockets, though.  Sometimes even the tv connected to the socket.

(07-09-2017, 09:29 AM)Rahullu Wrote: I hav also worked in a jail as a teacher thou and in minmum security, so we did not have those problems.

No kidding! Very interesting. In your guys' experience, what are some of the other most accurate / least accurate things about how jail is usually represented in movies/tv/books? What were some of the oddest, craziest, or even most normal things you guys saw?

Really cant say, the inmates where like most pepole, most had a drunk and driving sentence or minor assault of some kind not really repeat offenders, but mostly they where normal pepole who had bad luck or drank to much. They mostly wanted to use their time in prison stuyding.

RE: OOC - Tiktuk - 07-10-2017

... Wow and here i was thinking we were in trouble... Now its just confirmed.. and my bloody force powers are so feeble I am having trouble with the lock LOL

RE: OOC - Man in Black - 07-10-2017

The guards are in uniforms mostly. The ones working generally wear no armor, but there are always armored guards around. All of them carry stun batons.

Most inmates seem pretty tame, but I was working minimum security. Heard plenty of crazy stories, though. Most inmates just refused to take any responsibilty for their lives. While the greater part just wanted to do their time and go home, there were a few (usually young) who thought they were doing Oz cosplay. Those guys were usually reported to us and sent back to the main jail.

Can't make it too easy for you, Tiktuk! :p

RE: OOC - Nova - 07-10-2017

Thank you for the info, guys! Was interested to know how things were firsthand. Good to know that many of the inmates wanted to do their time and go, or were trying to use their prison sentence to study.

And Tiktuk! When the time is right, while we create a distraction, you levitate that code cylinder out of the guard's pocket, then we'll grab hold of his arm to activate the handprint reader!

RE: OOC - Rahullu - 07-10-2017

Im going on vaccation, until beginning of august my posting will probably lessen during that time, but i will try to post when i can dont do anything to stupid without Rahullu

(07-10-2017, 08:05 PM)Rahullu Wrote: Im going on vaccation, until beginning of august my posting will probably lessen during that time, but i will try to post when i can dont do anything to stupid without Rahullu

Enjoy the vacation — even thought it's all just a dream that Rahullu is having!
We won't leave you in the cell once we bust out.

RE: OOC - Tiktuk - 07-10-2017

You do realize to levitate a cylinder i would need to roll a 15 on 2d6 right? I suggest coming up with a plan that is at least mathematically plausible.

(07-10-2017, 09:11 PM)Tiktuk Wrote: You do realize to levitate a cylinder i would need to roll a 15 on 2d6 right? I suggest coming up with a plan that is at least mathematically plausible.

Booooo, didn't think it would be a Moderate. I thought a pencil-sized 1-2kg object would be an "Easy" 10, no? That would still take some luck, sure, but it's doable.