RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
OOC - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Admin Discussions (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+---- Forum: The Last Knight (DM Man in Black) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=101)
+---- Thread: OOC (/showthread.php?tid=481)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

RE: OOC - Rahullu - 06-18-2017

(06-18-2017, 08:43 PM)Nova Wrote:
(06-17-2017, 06:19 AM)Rahullu Wrote: Sucks beeing sick i know i work as a teacher and a soon as the tern ends i get it all the time. Hope you/we get well soon.

Oh nice, what do you teach? Though students of any kind bring all kinds of germs and what not!

(06-17-2017, 08:26 AM)Jendu Verbenti Wrote: This sickness seems to come and go.  I was ok when I came into work tonight but now my stomach is doing cartwheels. 

I can sometimes post from work too (Which I'm doing now) but the internet connection sucks and I never know when one of my clients will need assistance.  When they do, I have to drop everything and attend to them immediately.  But something I get a quiet night like tonight.

Ugh. My stomach always gets upset on Mondays, but only because it means being back at the office. If you don't mind my asking, what kind of clients? Their requiring immediate assistance made me think medical field.

And now that I'm married – sorry, all! Nova's taken Wink  – my RPG habit is "humored" even at odd hours, so I sometimes get the chance to post insomnia-driven walls-of-text like yesterday.

Also: I sent Gamer 75 a PM saying hey, since it looks like the "real" mission will be getting underway pretty soon!

Math and physics in the equivalent of high school

RE: OOC - Garlen Veir - 06-19-2017

I teach/train new hires for a call center /customer service line for a major cell phone service provider here in Canada. I get the advantage of working from home (I train them in an online classroom, using headsets and webcams), but that also has the disadvantage of having to have super flexible and long hours. It is not uncommon for my schedule to be shifted completely with 12 hours notice.

RE: OOC - Nova - 06-19-2017

(06-19-2017, 12:42 AM)Garlen Veir Wrote: I teach/train new hires for a call center /customer service line for a major cell phone service provider here in Canada.  I get the advantage of working from home (I train them in an online classroom, using headsets and webcams), but that also has the disadvantage of having to have super flexible and long hours. It is not uncommon for my schedule to be shifted completely with 12 hours notice.

Working from home has always sounded like it would be both great and a curse – for exactly the kinds of reasons you mentioned! On the plus side, you're home (hooray!), on the minus, potentially having to be available at all hours / weird hours (booooO).

---

Re: multiple workers on repairs, this was probably the rulebook section you were referring to earlier, so you already know, but man, combined you could really whittle down the DC. Rulebook p44, on a repair DC of 20: "Roark rolls a 9 - and Nagraoao rolls a 19! Nagraoao just missed repairing the ship the first time around, but he does reduce the base difficulty to 1. Roark's roll of 9 is not applied to the base difficulty, since only the highest roll is used. Fixing the ship the next time around will be a cinch."

Also! I think I see where Tiktuk got her 1 week estimate on transponders, it's in Cracken's Rebel Field Guide, re: adding a false transponder code. BUT the good news is you can also blur or remove the existing transponder code (pg 61 / pdf pg 62), looks like that takes four hours of work minimum to blur, and a full day to restore. Enemy scanners will know you have blurred or removed your ship ID, but "... local authorities find this reason enough for investigation, and usually arrest and imprisonment... Everyone can see you but they don't know who you are." Viable Option 2 to still be arrested after tip-off, while also keeping the Empire unaware!

RE: OOC - Jendu Verbenti - 06-19-2017

(06-18-2017, 08:43 PM)Nova Wrote:
(06-17-2017, 08:26 AM)Jendu Verbenti Wrote: This sickness seems to come and go.  I was ok when I came into work tonight but now my stomach is doing cartwheels. 

I can sometimes post from work too (Which I'm doing now) but the internet connection sucks and I never know when one of my clients will need assistance.  When they do, I have to drop everything and attend to them immediately.  But something I get a quiet night like tonight.

Ugh. My stomach always gets upset on Mondays, but only because it means being back at the office. If you don't mind my asking, what kind of clients? Their requiring immediate assistance made me think medical field.

I support Developmentally Challenged Adults.  The individuals I care for are mostly in wheel chairs but I have a couple that can call for help to, for example, get out of bed, and if they get impatient waiting for me to come help they could try to get themselves up and fall out of bed.

And I HOPE we're undercover because if we weren't, my Senator either just screwed his career or be held for ransom.  But good luck getting the ransom from my mentor who wouldn't mind me being removed from the picture.  Confused

RE: OOC - Nova - 06-20-2017

(05-28-2017, 06:23 PM)Gamer75 Wrote: I have to apologize the forum is set up very different from what I am used to, I should learn it pretty quick but I'll be a bit slow till then
I'm going to read over the cocepts thread to see what I can do to add to the cast
what is the overall mission/idea

Paging @"Gamer75"! Just checkin' in on ya, since we'll be starting the next chapter pretty soon.

You've already missed a firefight, some bickering/bonding, and a narrow escape!
Hope we won't have to leave you with a random 2-1B medical droid to recuperate while we break a Jedi out of jail!

(My secret meta-game plan is to have Tiktuk wake you via telepathy, if you only come back once we're already in prison.)

RE: OOC - Rahullu - 06-21-2017

Jendu please meet the wookie translator.

http://www.wookietranslator.com/

RE: OOC - Man in Black - 06-21-2017

I think Gamer is close to being ready. I'm going to hold off moving forward for just a wee bit longer.

RE: OOC - Rahullu - 06-21-2017

(06-21-2017, 08:17 AM)Man in Black Wrote: I think Gamer is close to being ready.  I'm going to hold off moving forward for just a wee bit longer.

Whooo

RE: OOC - Nova - 06-21-2017

(06-21-2017, 08:17 AM)Man in Black Wrote: I think Gamer is close to being ready.  I'm going to hold off moving forward for just a wee bit longer.

Awesome. Better late than never! Gamer made a miraculous recovery, thanks to soaking in Tiktuk's home-distilled Jawa beer!

RE: OOC - Nova - 06-21-2017

(06-21-2017, 06:00 AM)Rahullu Wrote: Jendu please meet the wookie translator.

http://www.wookietranslator.com/

!!! When you mentioned using a wookiee translator before, I had no idea you were referring to an actual online translator. Nova will definitely be practicing her Shryiiwook now. 

"Uughghhhgh wrrhw aaahnruh aarrragghuuhw aaaaahnr raaaaaahhgh wrrhwrwwhw raaaaaahhgh raaaaaahhgh uughghhhgh!"

"When you celebrate Life Day, we should invite the crew."