RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
OOC - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Admin Discussions (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+---- Forum: The Last Knight (DM Man in Black) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=101)
+---- Thread: OOC (/showthread.php?tid=481)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

RE: OOC - Nova - 06-18-2017

(06-18-2017, 06:50 AM)Man in Black Wrote: Ok.  You guys are undercover.  Using aliases.  Being secret agents.  If anyone is using their real ID to pick up blackmarket weapons, maybe  a career in rebel covert ops isn't for you.  Wink  CorpSec knows you're coming.  They have been tipped off on purpose to get you guys arrested.  That's all part of the plan.  Imperials coming for you at the pick-up?  Most certainly not in the plan.  What that means is for me to know and you to find out.  :p

Ok, cool, that's what I figured, but I'm glad it's confirmed! (Was editing my last IC post to add the AKA I chose actually!) Good to know too that CorpSec was tipped off as part of the initial plan, and so we wouldn't necessarily have to go nuts stretching everyone's acting ability!

RE: OOC - Rahullu - 06-18-2017

(06-18-2017, 07:17 AM)Nova Wrote:
(06-18-2017, 06:50 AM)Man in Black Wrote: Ok.  You guys are undercover.  Using aliases.  Being secret agents.  If anyone is using their real ID to pick up blackmarket weapons, maybe  a career in rebel covert ops isn't for you.  Wink  CorpSec knows you're coming.  They have been tipped off on purpose to get you guys arrested.  That's all part of the plan.  Imperials coming for you at the pick-up?  Most certainly not in the plan.  What that means is for me to know and you to find out.  :p

Ok, cool, that's what I figured, but I'm glad it's confirmed! (Was editing my last IC post to add the AKA I chose actually!) Good to know too that CorSec was tipped off as part of the initial plan, and so we wouldn't necessarily have to go nuts stretching everyone's acting ability!

Its fun to start in medias res but a little bit of briefing beforehand would not have hurt, i think. Question is if we are to be apprehanded by corsec how we gonna have the Java as a backup?

Should private conversations between characters be on in the normal thread or as pm or in a new thread or how do you wanna have it MIB

RE: OOC - Garlen Veir - 06-18-2017

I've always handled private in character conversations in Spoiler tags     so the GM knows what is going on. Anyone eklse reading teh spoilers is meta-gaming
Example

Garlen whispers in Rahulu's ear:
"Sweet nothings"

(06-18-2017, 09:06 AM)Rahullu Wrote:
(06-18-2017, 07:17 AM)Nova Wrote:

Ok, cool, that's what I figured, but I'm glad it's confirmed! (Was editing my last IC post to add the AKA I chose actually!) Good to know too that CorSec was tipped off as part of the initial plan, and so we wouldn't necessarily have to go nuts stretching everyone's acting ability!

Its fun to start in medias res but a little bit of briefing beforehand would not have hurt, i think. Question is if we are to be apprehanded by corsec how we gonna have the Java as a backup?

While we're at it, though this will probably be covered by the next in-game chapter:

- What do we know about the Jedi? Species/gender? Confirmed name or is that (likely) going to be part of the mystery of stussing him out? If he's been in for a long time, has something changed? Is he being moved to Death Row, etc?

- Re: Prison escape, We'd have some recon on the prison. Do we know of any potential weaknesses? Will prob ask Rahullu and Veir to make some tactics rolls once we're on ground, but if we knew or scouted, for example, that the prison always took the food in on Monday and the trash out Wednesday, or something to that effect, that could be how we get Tiktuk access behind the scenes. She could try to access the schematics if we don't have a rough idea of them already.

- Re: detecting a possible homing beacon, I imagine that even if it were, say, Difficult to detect by someone totally unawares, because we're specifically scanning for one, we'd knock the DC down by a difficulty level, no? In Rebels S1 "Gathering Forces" Chopper is able to scan for a hyperspace tracker and finds it on the hull, once he knows that he's looking for a beacon.

(06-18-2017, 09:08 AM)Rahullu Wrote: Should private conversations between characters be on in the normal thread or as pm or in a new thread or how do you wanna have it MIB

Don't worry, Nova can't hear you doubting her leadership ;-)

She is a dreamer, it's true. And though she was literally a cadet, she is supposed to be a bit of a "space cadet" in the figurative scene as well. I'm glad I'm playing her character convincingly!  Big Grin

(06-18-2017, 02:50 PM)Garlen Veir Wrote: I've always handled private in character conversations in Spoiler tags     so the GM knows what is going on. Anyone eklse reading teh spoilers is meta-gaming
Example

"Sweet nothings"

LOL. Thank you for that example. I was looking for how to do the spoiler tags.

(06-18-2017, 03:16 PM)Nova Wrote:
(06-18-2017, 02:50 PM)Garlen Veir Wrote: I've always handled private in character conversations in Spoiler tags     so the GM knows what is going on. Anyone eklse reading teh spoilers is meta-gaming
Example

"Sweet nothings"

How do you do that?

"Testing, testing"

(06-18-2017, 03:29 PM)Rahullu Wrote:
(06-18-2017, 03:16 PM)Nova Wrote:
Example

"Sweet nothings"

How do you do that?

Testing-testing:

Nova shakes her head at Rahullu, and says to herself,
"Remember, back at the spaceport, once we knew that Star Destroyer was close, I was the one that wanted to take off ASAP." Tongue
EDIT: I also couldn't find the button option for it, but you can see the code in our posts if you hit reply. It's open bracket, Spoiler, close bracket, then /Spoiler, in the second sets of brackets.

EDIT 2: Ah, I see you've got it. All good then!

(06-17-2017, 06:19 AM)Rahullu Wrote: Sucks beeing sick i know i work as a teacher and a soon as the tern ends i get it all the time. Hope you/we get well soon.

Oh nice, what do you teach? Though students of any kind bring all kinds of germs and what not!

(06-17-2017, 08:26 AM)Jendu Verbenti Wrote: This sickness seems to come and go.  I was ok when I came into work tonight but now my stomach is doing cartwheels. 

I can sometimes post from work too (Which I'm doing now) but the internet connection sucks and I never know when one of my clients will need assistance.  When they do, I have to drop everything and attend to them immediately.  But something I get a quiet night like tonight.

Ugh. My stomach always gets upset on Mondays, but only because it means being back at the office. If you don't mind my asking, what kind of clients? Their requiring immediate assistance made me think medical field.

And now that I'm married – sorry, all! Nova's taken Wink  – my RPG habit is "humored" even at odd hours, so I sometimes get the chance to post insomnia-driven walls-of-text like yesterday.

Also: I sent @"Gamer75" a PM saying hey, since it looks like the "real" mission will be getting underway pretty soon!