RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
OOC - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Fantasy Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Pathfinder 1st Edition (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+---- Forum: Iron Gods (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+---- Thread: OOC (/showthread.php?tid=417)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: OOC - Taijun - 03-04-2017

I am also pontificating what Taijun will do... My original idea was to pick up a bow and shoot, maximizing Dex and Wis (AC, To Hit, Saves, Skills), utilizing the monks mobility to stay out of melee, and use flurry as a backup incase things get close. Also, Stunning FistSmile When everyone else went ranged, I sucked it up and went with a more traditional monk weapons trying to get the most out of flurry with shurikens, still trying to stay out of direct combat as much as possible. The Martial artist ability at 4th level, Exploit Weakness, caught my eye and it didn't say anything about actually being in melee to use it. I figured even dinky shurikens and arrows would be much better bypassing DR and getting a +2 to attack. Now, I don't know. I guess I tried to make him more of a front line combatant but really that just won't do for a monk in my opinion. I think their greatest strength is versatility. I feel like Taijun won't accomplish much outside of grappling or disarming but I need to pick out the right weapons.

RE: OOC - Kaska of Red Talons - 03-04-2017

Have you looked through the combat style feat chains Taijun? My impression is that's where a lot of the Monk's customization comes from.

One thing I can think of is, given Taijun's good mobility, he could work with Kayla setting up sneak attacks? Be more of a melee opportunist than a frontliner?

RE: OOC - Reawyn - 03-04-2017

Find a way to make you immune to my splash and you can pin em down while I bomb away lol. Just kidding, but on a serious note but if we could get you reliably Acid resistance 10 or 15 you'd basically be almost immune to my bombs.

RE: OOC - Ursk - 03-04-2017

Yeah, for bomb splash damage, I'm just going to hope you get the discovery to shape the splash. ?

I could do acid resistance but that's so rare...

RE: OOC - Reawyn - 03-04-2017

(03-04-2017, 08:50 PM)Ursk Wrote: Yeah, for bomb splash damage, I'm just going to hope you get the discovery to shape the splash. ?

I could do acid resistance but that's so rare...

I probably will, haven't decided yet what level 2 Discobvery will be.. I already have Splasgh weapon mastery to help when I miss.

RE: OOC - Cin-Ezra Oovalli - 03-04-2017

I plan to making a dip into Alchemist (Vivisectionist) too.  I want a discovery that will help with my dual wielding pistols.  Smile

RE: OOC - Taijun - 03-04-2017

We will cover our bodies in powdered milk, thus the base negates the acid. Who cares if we look silly? This just makes me want to redo Taijun using a bow, is that okay DM? He's basically a pack mule at this point! I looked at the style feats and most I won't qualify for until certain levels because of BaB. I knew Monks are terrible but I'm still up for the challenge.

Here's the an alternate version of Taijun:
STR: 12 DEX: 16 CON: 10 INT : 10 WIS: 18(includes human bonus) CHA: 8
Hp: 8 AC: 17/17t/14ff INIT: +3
Feats: 1st - Weapon Proficiency Longbow, Humand bonus - Weapon Finesse, Monk bonus - Deflect Arrows, Or maybe Scorpion Style
Traits:
Robot Slayer (+1attack, +1dodge vs robots),
Improvised Defense (You’re never defenseless, even when you are caught off guard. Benefit(s): Whenever you wield an improvised weapon, you gain a +1 shield bonus to AC. If you use the improvised weapon to attack, you lose this shield bonus until the beginning of your next turn.

RE: OOC - Kaska of Red Talons - 03-05-2017

(03-04-2017, 11:17 PM)Taijun Wrote: We will cover our bodies in powdered milk, thus the base negates the acid. Who cares if we look silly?  This just makes me want to redo Taijun using a bow, is that okay DM?  He's basically a pack mule at this point!  I looked at the style feats and most I won't qualify for until certain levels because of BaB.  I knew Monks are terrible but I'm still up for the challenge.

Here's the an alternate version of Taijun:
STR: 12 DEX: 16  CON: 10 INT : 10 WIS: 18(includes human bonus) CHA: 8
Hp: 8  AC: 17/17t/14ff   INIT: +3
Feats: 1st - Weapon Proficiency Longbow, Humand bonus - Weapon Finesse, Monk bonus - Deflect Arrows, Or maybe Scorpion Style
Traits:
Robot Slayer (+1attack, +1dodge vs robots),
Improvised Defense (You’re never defenseless, even when you are caught off guard. Benefit(s): Whenever you wield an improvised weapon, you gain a +1 shield bonus to AC. If you use the improvised weapon to attack, you lose this shield bonus until the beginning of your next turn.

I think Monks substitute their level for BAB when qualifying for style feats.

If you want to use a bow you should consider choosing the Zen Archer Monk archetype. They're one of the best archers in the game, and they're basically "instant archer in a box".

RE: OOC - Cin-Ezra Oovalli - 03-05-2017

How many melee and ranged combatants do we have?  I hope it's not just the Barbarian out front all by himself.

RE: OOC - Reawyn - 03-05-2017

Ranged.. area effects mainly ranged touch splash weapon Smile