RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
OOC - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Fantasy Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Pathfinder 1st Edition (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+---- Forum: Iron Gods (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+---- Thread: OOC (/showthread.php?tid=417)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: OOC - GM Marvel - 12-31-2020

@Essacuss do you want your Dang Bong made out of any special materials?

Since everyone has pretty much gotten something at least close to what Cin's broken gun costs, she might as well keep it in case this one breaks.  It only takes a roll of a 1 to move it to the broke condition.   Sad

RE: OOC - E.S.S.A.C.C.U.S-10 - 12-31-2020

(12-31-2020, 05:30 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: @Essacuss do you want your Dang Bong made out of any special materials?

Since everyone has pretty much gotten something at least close to what Cin's broken gun costs, she might as well keep it in case this one breaks.  It only takes a roll of a 1 to move it to the broke condition.   Sad

I don't know anything about special materials and thier properties on weapons besides Master Work. Are the any special materials that are specifically useful to martial arts weapons like the Dang Bong. If not he would be extremely happy with a pair of Master Work Dang Bong.

RE: OOC - GM Marvel - 12-31-2020

(12-31-2020, 05:40 AM)E.S.S.A.C.C.U.S-10 Wrote:
(12-31-2020, 05:30 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: @Essacuss do you want your Dang Bong made out of any special materials?

I don't know anything about special materials and thier properties on weapons besides Master Work. Are the any special materials that are specifically useful to martial arts weapons like the Dang Bong. If not he would be extremely happy with a pair of Master Work Dang Bong.

Take a look.  No Adamantine or stuff like that.

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment/special-materials/

Remember, the cut off is around 1,000gp plus masterwork quality.

RE: OOC - E.S.S.A.C.C.U.S-10 - 12-31-2020

(12-31-2020, 06:43 AM)GM Marvel Wrote:
(12-31-2020, 05:40 AM)E.S.S.A.C.C.U.S-10 Wrote:

Take a look.  No Adamantine or stuff like that.

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment/special-materials/

Remember, the cut off is around 1,000gp plus masterwork quality.
In that case E.S.S.A.C.CU.S.S-10 would like a Wyroot Master Work Dang Bong.
Witch would give him 1Life Point/Day to convert to a Ki Point.

RE: OOC - Eva Morningtide - 01-16-2021

How and when can I use Numerian Archaeologist trait? At the stucked door? In the room with sparks?
What kind of rolls she needs?

"In addition, you possess a knack for technological items; when you use a timeworn technological item, roll twice when determining any glitches the item might cause and choose which result to use as your actual result. Talk to your GM for more information about resolving glitches."

It can be used without Technologist feat?

She also has craft(mechanical)

"Craft (mechanical) Those who wish to construct or repair technological items use Craft (mechanical) in conjunction with technological item crafting feats. Without the Technologist feat, Craft (mechanical) can still be used to craft less advanced forms of technology such as gears, hinges, and pulleys. NPCs with the means of crafting technological items are extremely rare, and it is not assumed that PCs have access to such resources. GMs are encouraged to discuss such considerations with their players before allowing technological crafting into the game."

So I think she has to take Technologist feat on the next level.
Who has this feat now?

RE: OOC - GM Marvel - 01-16-2021

Quote:Timeworn Technology

Equipment that has been damaged or degraded over time works less consistently and is worth less money than new technological items. Such equipment is called “timeworn.”

Quote:Only technological items that consume charges (including nanite canisters) or are pharmaceutical items can be affected by these timeworn rules, though any technological item can still become broken or nonfunctional just as any other item.

Timeworn Technology Glitches 

So this feat impacts equipment like laser guns (called Inferno Pistols), Neraplast Armor, etc.

Numerian Archaeologist:  You gain Androffan as an additional language.  You also gain 'advantage' when dealing with Timeworn tech.

So I don't think you need Technologist feat to use these feats.

As for Craft(Mechanical) you don't need the Technologist feat but it would help if you wanted to craft anything more than simple technology.

As for who has it, I know Cin has a Trait called Local Ties (engineering):

Quote:Local Ties
You have ties to a prominent local. He may have been your tutor, or a friend or business associate of your family. He may even have been your adoptive father, in which case you likely have a bond of friendship or rivalry with his adopted daughter. You have a keen insight into how technology works.

Benefit(s) Choose Disable Device or Knowledge (engineering). You gain a +1 trait bonus on checks with this skill, and it is a class skill for you. In addition, you are treated as if you possessed the Technologist feat for the purposes of resolving checks associated with that skill. If you gain the Technologist feat, your trait bonus for the selected skill increases to +3.

Quote:Technologist Feat:
You are familiar with the basic mechanics of technology.

Benefit: You are considered to be trained in any skill used against a technology-based subject. If the skill in question requires training to use even against non-technological subjects, you must still have ranks in that skill in order to gain the benefit of Technologist.

Normal: You treat all skill checks made against technology as if they were untrained skill checks. This may mean that you cannot attempt certain skill checks, even if you possess ranks in the skill in question.

So it appears you would need Technologist Feat (not Local Ties) if you want to pair it with your Craft(mechanical) because Local Ties only works with Disable device and Knowledge: Engineering.

RE: OOC - GM Marvel - 01-16-2021

I'm positive MiB had a map of the next major area that had everywhere you haven't been blacked out - I can even see it in my mind - but I can't locate it.  MiB sometimes used non-RPGaddict sites so maybe it's on one of those.  So I'll have to figure out where you went.  Normally that wouldn't be a problem but the next area is HUGE!  But I'm pretty sure you stuck to the bottom of the area and made your way around to room with the sparks.  Which happily, is where you last left off.

RE: OOC - Eva Morningtide - 06-08-2021

What about XP for the last two combats? Level up for Gurkagh and E10? Smile

RE: OOC - GM Marvel - 06-08-2021

(06-08-2021, 09:56 AM)Eva Morningtide Wrote: What about XP for the last two combats? Level up for Gurkagh and E10? Smile

They aren't quite there yet.  Literally defeating 1 more skeleton will put them up a level.  If you guys make it back to Torch before having another encounter then I will just hand out some Role Playing to bump them into 2nd level.

RE: OOC - GM Marvel - 06-08-2021

This is what kind of sucks about store bought adventures.  It seems like the encounters are kind of weak and they don't offer much treasure.  but they do that because they're concerned about balance.  I'm throwing that balance off by allowing you all to advance at fastest speed even though the mission is designed for medium speed advancement.  So I'll need to make adjustments later so you guys don't bulldoze the encounters in future.  Destroying this last boss was a bit of a fluke.  A couple of criticals will do that especially when one of them is at X4!   Tongue