RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
OOC - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Fantasy Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Pathfinder 1st Edition (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+---- Forum: Iron Gods (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+---- Thread: OOC (/showthread.php?tid=417)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: OOC - Ursk - 03-05-2017

(03-05-2017, 01:16 PM)Kayla Striegold Wrote: Kayla's more of the sneaky-stabby type, dancing around with the monk to set up flanks...unless we're in a tight tunnel and then she's up front to find traps and bad guys first, then slipping behind the iron wall (aka Ursk)

Fabulous! So, you're going to start all the fights and I'll finish them? Wink

RE: OOC - Taijun - 03-05-2017

(03-05-2017, 01:16 PM)Kayla Striegold Wrote: Kayla's more of the sneaky-stabby type, dancing around with the monk to set up flanks...unless we're in a tight tunnel and then she's up front to find traps and bad guys first, then slipping behind the iron wall (aka Ursk)

I like thisSmile Sorry everyone, Taijun is having an identity crisis. I'm sure Monks can become excellent tanks, I just don't know how with my limited knowledge of Pathfinder so I'm going with what I know. I think the nail in the coffin was seeing Kaska's character (a ranger, d10 HD, full bab, wears armor and a Greatsword) she's already a better tank than Taijun and I'm okay with that. I think this will work and I'll be happy Smile

Str: 12 Dex: 16 Con: 10 Int: 10 Wis: 18 Cha: 8
Hp: 9 AC:17/17t/14ff
Traits: Robot Slayer, Adopted (by Vikings, I mean Elven monks, taking their weapon familiarity with bows and swords)
Feats: Weapon Finesse, Deflect Arrows

I think I followed the rules. I do like the trait system.

I may have trouble posting evenings this week (US East Coast time). I'm demoing our master bath for a renovation and it's kicking my butt. Should still be able to post once or twice during the workday.

RE: OOC - Eva Morningtide - 03-05-2017

(03-05-2017, 06:20 PM)Taijun Wrote:

I like thisSmile Sorry everyone, Taijun is having an identity crisis. I'm sure Monks can become excellent tanks, I just don't know how with my limited knowledge of Pathfinder so I'm going with what I know. I think the nail in the coffin was seeing Kaska's character (a ranger, d10 HD, full bab, wears armor and a Greatsword) she's already a better tank than Taijun and I'm okay with that. I think this will work and I'll be happy Smile

Str: 12 Dex: 16 Con: 10 Int: 10 Wis: 18 Cha: 8
Hp: 9 AC:17/17t/14ff
Traits: Robot Slayer, Adopted (by Vikings, I mean Elven monks, taking their weapon familiarity with bows and swords)
Feats: Weapon Finesse, Deflect Arrows

I think I followed the rules. I do like the trait system.

Couple of points.
1) I believe only a Zen Archer can flurry with a bow.
2) The Adopted trait gets you a trait specific to another race, such as Warrior of Old (+2 init), not a "racial trait" such as weapon familiarity.

[font="Helvetica Neue",Helvetica,sans-serif]Save[/font]

First and foremost, Taijun, play what you think will be fun for you. And if that means ignoring us, do so!

That said, monk's role isn't really to "tank". You can get a decent Armor Class, which some people consider "tanking", but really the monk shines at dps and, to an extent, control (via stunning fists and fighting styles). Whatever you settle on, make sure it's fun for you to play. Looking forward to RPing and hacking things with you.

RE: OOC - Taijun - 03-05-2017

Thanks all. And thank you Eva, that makes sense. Though weapon familiarity should, in my opinion, fits right in with a trait one could adopt. Looks like Warrior of Old it is! Fits with the theme.

The Zen Archer is awesome, and I'm probably dumb for passing on it, but they lose the ability to flurry in melee. I look at archery as a backup and still wish to flurry in melee. Funny thing is, I can't even afford a longbow. Ha! So it looks like short bow for the poor monk! Enough of my wining. Ty all again.

RE: OOC - Reawyn - 03-06-2017

Realized I had a bit too much overlap with Kayla with her Numerian Archeologist fascinated by Androffan background. I switched to local tie trait, so I lose Androffan, but boost my disable device for explosive making /tomb breaker fun.

I've updated my sig and the bunkhouse, and will update the pdf later when I am home.

RE: OOC - Taijun - 03-06-2017

What if she dies though? Tongue

RE: OOC - Reawyn - 03-06-2017

Then we know who to look at as our first suspect

RE: OOC - Cin-Ezra Oovalli - 03-06-2017

I will leave this right >>here<<

Additional info for those using Unseen Servant:
For those who might have forgotten or didn't know, trackable means you must select your character which is in a drop down menu to the left of the 'Macro Box' when making rolls.  If you don't then you will get a 'Roll on the Fly' which isn't trackable.  To add a character to the drop down menu, just click on the 'Characters' button beside the 'Roll the Dice button.'