RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
[IC] A Stolen Land - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Admin Discussions (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+---- Forum: Kingmaker (DM Dougfan) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=88)
+----- Forum: Archived Chapters (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=113)
+----- Thread: [IC] A Stolen Land (/showthread.php?tid=340)

RE: A Stolen Land - Tushou - 12-12-2017

[OOC - Thanks. Fortunately Tushou does not know about his past. So Happs has arrived with you. In this case Tushou thinks he is one of us. Smile ]

RE: A Stolen Land - Vidar the Red - 12-12-2017

Ooc 1 - It is a tough choice considering the circumstance.  We just met all of these people.  Oleg could be a murdering trickster for all we know! How ironic would it be to find out Oleg tricks travelers into killing actors he paid to pretend to be bandits! But we have to press on no matter what.  During our interrogation of Happs he said Kressle could come in 3 days and the bandit lair was 2 days travel away.  Going off a 5 day time scale, one day has passed scouting and killing boars, so Happs may truely feel a desire to stay and protect the fort knowing we don't have much time.  He would know best if the bandits are coming, but that is also a cause for concern as you've pointed out.  We can't be in two places at once but if i'm correct the kobolds and the bandit lair are in the same direction.

Ooc 2 - He was going to be our guide here but he did tell us the Kobolds were, "South West,"  and he did tell us which direction the bandit camp was, "two days that way."  I'm just guessing that the bandits are in the same direction as the Kobolds, so if i'm wrong then I ass-u-me dSmile

Ooc 3 - I doubt it's possible but what if we recruited the kobolds to help us against the bandits?

Ooc 4 - Did we successfully explore the B10 Hex?  If not I think should start by heading south, south, west to the edge of B10 towards C9.  Scarf saw trees there.

Vidar sits atop the heavy horse, no more the rider than his brother is.  "We should make haste.  If the gods favor us we may spot the bandits and know their numbers on our scouting.  Happs said they were two days ride from here."

RE: A Stolen Land - Valdi - 12-12-2017

"We need Happs with us, he is a hunter and tracker. He also can prove himsel with us, without us having to place the outpost at risk"

He looks at Nexendia

"I did not mean marching order, I meant our direction f teavel, spiral search pattern out? Or straight to the kobolds?"

[OOC1-2 - Hm. If only Happs knows exactly where their lair is then we need him, don't we? It's very easy to avoid their lair except if their scouts find us before Smile ]

RE: A Stolen Land - Nexendia - 12-12-2017

[OoC:  Happs could also suddenly switch sided and help let his bandit friends in.  A Detect Evil might come in handy right now.   Wink ]

[OoC2:  Ok then what are we doing?  We have the Kobolds, the bandits and the shrine!  Isn't Jhod only here to get help to go to the shrine?  If he is, will he want to risk his life going after the bandits or the Kobolds?  

Nex looks at Happs and asks if he knows anything about this shrine Jhod is looking for?  And she will ask Jhod to give us or repeat any and all information about the shrine so everyone is on the same page.

To Valdi she says, "It appears we all have different ideas in what our goal should be.  We have the bounty on the Kobolds.  The protection of the outpost, which I thought we were waiting for them to come to us.  And Jhod wants help with finding his shrine.  Any suggestions of what we should pursue first?"

I think it's easier to defend an outpost than attack the bandits in their lair if you are sure they will come in few days. Are you sure?
Except they are in more groups now and we can surprise their leader. But they don't know we are here so we can surprise them here too.
If we have free time until waiting the bandits then we can purge the cave of kobolds first. Do you know where their cave is? We can go immediately.

OOC - I suppose he read The Bounty Board too

RE: A Stolen Land - Eran - 12-12-2017

(03-27-2017, 01:21 AM)Valdi Wrote:
(03-27-2017, 12:37 AM)Andra Petrescu Wrote: She narrows her eyes at Valdi. "You gave two options. Short expedition, or kobolds. I chose kobolds." With a swish of her cloak, she walks toward the horses.

Valdi laughs heartily. 

"No no, you misunderstood me.  The assumption was we are hunting the kobolds either way. The question was do we plan on being gone for several days, a long expedition; or do we plan on just a short excursion and to come back by nightfall?  We should decide as a group before we leave, because it does influence how many supplies we take with us.  Example, two days feed will not be enough if we pl;an to be gone for a longer expedition, and we should be prepared."

Eran reminds the others that the kobolds lair is several days away from there.

- IMHO that is the best if we follow our original plan and check the neighbourhood in spiral way. If the shrine is very close then we could put it to the first place. 

RE: A Stolen Land - Valdi - 12-12-2017

Valdi nods his agreement with Eran. "Original plan then, we stick close and search the neighborhood first."

(12-12-2017, 08:12 PM)Valdi Wrote: Valdi nods his agreement with Eran. "Original plan then, we stick close and search the neighborhood first."

Ok, I'm with you.

RE: A Stolen Land - DM Dougfan - 12-13-2017

Happs takes just this time to butt in volunteer some more information, peering oddly at Jhod.  "You're lookin' for the shrine?  We stopped goin' near that place when our scouts stopped comin' back.  Think it's bewitched or somethin'.  You must be crazy to want to go there."  He then turns on his heels and fetches his bow, quiver and pack.