RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
[IC] A Stolen Land - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Admin Discussions (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+---- Forum: Kingmaker (DM Dougfan) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=88)
+----- Forum: Archived Chapters (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=113)
+----- Thread: [IC] A Stolen Land (/showthread.php?tid=340)

RE: A Stolen Land - Nexendia - 03-29-2017

Vidar Wrote:When Eran brings up Oleg's and Svetlana's safety, Vidar breaks his stern facade and loudly proclaims, "If anything happens to Oleg and Svetlana while we are gone."  He slams the head of his axe into the ground for emphasis.  "My axe will find the culprit's neck.  Let us make haste now."

Nex looks at Vidar and says, "I'm sure that will be oh so comforting to know from their grave."

(03-28-2017, 01:31 AM)Valdi Wrote: "If you want haste brother, just ride the larger horse, don't slow us down by taking the wagon, unless you think we will need to haul a lot."

Nexendia adds, "If we travel off the road, a wagon will not be able to pass through the wilderness."

RE: A Stolen Land - Valdi - 03-29-2017

(03-29-2017, 06:19 AM)Nexendia.. Wrote:
(03-28-2017, 01:31 AM)Valdi Wrote: "If you want haste brother, just ride the larger horse, don't slow us down by taking the wagon, unless you think we will need to haul a lot."

Nexendia adds, "If we travel off the road, a wagon will not be able to pass through the wilderness."

"Another good pint lady nexendia. You have teh tie breaking vote, do we range far on our first trip into the wilderness, or do we return to oleg's at night?"

It is obvious he is not asking Happs' opinion, and does not consider that Happs should get any say whatsoever in their plans, in this regard at least.

RE: A Stolen Land - Nexendia - 03-29-2017

(03-29-2017, 01:17 PM)Valdi Wrote:
(03-29-2017, 06:19 AM)Nexendia.. Wrote:

"Another good pint lady nexendia. You have teh tie breaking vote, do we range far on our first trip into the wilderness, or do we return to oleg's at night?"

It is obvious he is not asking Happs' opinion, and does not consider that Happs should get any say whatsoever in their plans, in this regard at least.

"I believe we should take the short trip.  We still do not know for sure whether Happs has truly turned over a new leaf or if the soldiers are of noble intentions.  It's true I do remember their leader but despite evidence to the contrary, I'm not perfect."
She says the last sentence with a playful smirk to indicate an obvious jest, and then continues.  "Furthermore, those bandits could come back any day now.  I for one would rather be inside the fort when they arrived instead of them entrenched inside waiting for us.  But whatever our decision we should tell Happs and the soldiers we are taking the short trip.  If they are of a nefarious mind, they could make mistakes in their rush to do whatever evil plan they might have while trying to complete it before we return." 

RE: A Stolen Land - Vidar the Red - 03-29-2017

(03-29-2017, 06:19 AM)Nexendia Wrote:
Vidar Wrote:When Eran brings up Oleg's and Svetlana's safety, Vidar breaks his stern facade and loudly proclaims, "If anything happens to Oleg and Svetlana while we are gone."  He slams the head of his axe into the ground for emphasis.  "My axe will find the culprit's neck.  Let us make haste now."

Nex looks at Vidar and says, "I'm sure that will be oh so comforting to know from their grave."

"It will be comforting."  Vidar says matter-of-factly then sighs, being outnumbered mattered not to him, but he would rather fight with the team than against them.  He could think of several uses for a wagon but he had confidence that no matter what they would make do. "Takk Skal du ha, brother."  He thanks Valdi in Skald and instead of yoking the heavy horse he prepares the saddle and reins. "I for one, am tired of talk, lets go break some kobold necks and see what the gods have in store for us!"

RE: A Stolen Land - Valdi - 03-30-2017

"It is settled then? We take the shorter trip?" He says loudly, as he finishes saddling the extra horse and tying it's lead rope to the saddlehorn of the horse he planned to ride.

Despite having equipped himself with a longbow, he hooks his light crossbow and bolts to the saddle, ready for use, realizing that a longbow is extremely difficult to use while mounted.

If there is indeed a few days feed for each horse he will pool it together on the pack horse to lighten the burden on the others. The plan might be to come back by nightfall, but no sense in not having feed and rations just in case.

Satisfied that the horses are ready, he mounts up and waits patiently for the others.

RE: A Stolen Land - Nexendia - 04-03-2017

Nexendia had not done much horseback riding because she felt it was lazy and disrespectful to the animal.  When she was forced to do so for courtly events she was told she had a natural talent.  Nex did not find those statements at all complimentary.  Who wished to have special skill in controlling another creature?  Unfortunately necessity for speed would require Nex to force the creature to bear her as its rider.  However, before mounting the horse she takes a moment to give it some extra treats and quietly whisper to the steed how sorry she was for forcing it to bear her weight on its back.  She also promised to give it extra treats and a good brushing at the end of each day of travel for its service.  Nexendia gives her horse one last treat and then gently pulls herself onto the steed's back.

"I'm ready," Nex states to no one in particular.  "The day is getting shorter by each tick of the clock."

[Ride skill: +3;  No ranks just dex ]

RE: A Stolen Land - Valdi - 04-05-2017

[OoC Ride: -3 thanks to ACP... I will not be trying to fight from horseback. I'm a foot soldier not a cavalryman.]

RE: A Stolen Land - Vidar the Red - 04-05-2017

Vidar mounts the heavy horse and is ready for adventure.

RE: A Stolen Land - Andra Petrescu - 04-09-2017

Andra ensures that her gear is securely tied to the horse, then mounts as well, canting the horse sideways a couple steps before sedately heading toward the gate.

RE: A Stolen Land - Nexendia - 04-13-2017

"Should I bother with my mule," Shunna asks.  "The bounty states the Kobolds reside in a cave.  A horse will be more difficult to coax inside than my trusty mule."

Once it's decided, she says her goodbyes to Oleg, his wife and the soldiers and then steers her steed in the direction the Kobolds are reported to be living.