RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
[IC] A Stolen Land - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Admin Discussions (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+---- Forum: Kingmaker (DM Dougfan) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=88)
+----- Forum: Archived Chapters (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=113)
+----- Thread: [IC] A Stolen Land (/showthread.php?tid=340)

RE: A Stolen Land - Vidar the Red - 09-20-2016

Vidar will assist his big brother in moving the wagon. If he sees Nexendia getting planks to make paths to the roofs, he will help her as well. After a short break to fill his belly with food he will continue to work long into the night, and wake his brother early as he requested. Only then will he rest. He can sleep when he's dead he tells himself.

RE: A Stolen Land - Valdi - 09-21-2016

"Are you saying you are willing to lend us your mule to back the wagon into place? You have my thanks, I will attempt to ensure she sees no harm in the process.  as for a good vantage either the wall walk to the north of the gate, or the roof of the guest house [A2] Seem to offer the best protection, but also the best vantage of the field of battle. If you lie prone on the roof of the guest house , just opposite the peak of the roof from the gate, you can see the entire courtyard as well as the door of the main house, but they cannot see you until the trap is already sprung and they are well into the courtyard."

He turns to Eran.

"Sleeping in the stables may be fine, rather than the guesthouse, but do you think it is wise for you to spring from the stables directly into the courtyard to engage in battle? You do not seem to me to be the sort of warrior that engages in direct combat, might fighting from an advantage of height, like rooftop or wall-walk, as Nexendia intends, be a more effective option?  We can even pull the ladders up and use them to bridge the gaps between wall and roof rather than planks. That way the brigands will be denied easy access to the heights, and to you, while you rain death from above."

"My brother and I will be on the ground, of necessity, but those of you that are fighting with magic and missile, rather than physically, should be on high, where you can make life miserable and short for Oleg's unwelcome guests."

RE: A Stolen Land - Eran - 09-22-2016

- Yes. I know it. But if i want to knock out them then I must go to close because my Color Spray spell is only effective from 15 feet. I will be hide in the stable and go out in the right moment and knock out them.

Eran turns to Nex.
- Could you memorize two Mage Armor and cast one of them to me, because the Color Spray and the Enlarge Person will eats out of my preparation.

(ooc - And I also thought that the Enlarge Person range is touch. I checked it, the range is close.)

RE: A Stolen Land - Valdi - 09-22-2016

"If you plan on leaping into the fray and doing this Colour Spray  magic, when would you be doing the enlarge? It would have to last a very long time to cast it ahead of time and ensure that it is still effective when they ride in. And it would also make hiding behind the wagon as they ride in just a little difficult. Maybe if you could find a way to cast it on me just before I and Nexendia's mule push the wagon back."

RE: A Stolen Land - Nexendia - 09-22-2016

(09-22-2016, 01:30 PM)Eran Wrote: - Yes. I know it. But if i want to knock out them then I must go to close because my Color Spray spell is only effective from 15 feet. I will be hide in the stable and go out in the right moment and knock out them.

Eran turns to Nex.
- Could you memorize two Mage Armor and cast one of them to me, because the Color Spray and the Enlarge Person will eats out of my preparation.

(ooc - And I also thought that the Enlarge Person range is touch. I checked it, the range is close.)

Nexendia gazes at Eran curiously while wondering, why an arcane spell caster who is so eager to get close to his enemies to cast color spray, wouldn't have mage armor in his repertoire.  Not that a wizard has to learn mage armor but it was one of the most useful defensive spells especially when first beginning to adventure, as they seem to be.  "Of course, Eran," Nex replies.  "Which spell would you suggest I give up?  Either Summon monster or Grease have to go."

(09-22-2016, 05:02 PM)Valdi Wrote: "If you plan on leaping into the fray and doing this Colour Spray  magic, when would you be doing the enlarge? It would have to last a very long time to cast it ahead of time and ensure that it is still effective when they ride in. And it would also make hiding behind the wagon as they ride in just a little difficult. Maybe if you could find a way to cast it on me just before I and Nexendia's mule push the wagon back."

"And feel free to urge the mule to kick those thieves in their nether regions!  I have not had a chance to have the beast trained for combat yet.  Perhaps if we wrap a rope around its haunches then by pulling it tight it may irritate the creature enough to kick them.  Or perhaps one of you can [handle animal -- Vidar] control the beast better than I and can *PUSH* it to attack.  But the task may be too difficult without time to prepare."

[OoC: Vidar has Handle Animal but he would need a 25 to push an animal.  His Handle Animal is 6 so he would need a 19 and it would require a full round action.  Confused  But it might be something to consider in a pinch. ]

RE: A Stolen Land - Valdi - 09-23-2016

[In th e predawn hours we will place the pile of mock loot in the courtyard (since it seems Nexendia is not using her illusion for that) concealing the bear trap, and Valdi will hook the mule up to the front of the wagon, prepared to push the wagon backwards across the gate. Valdi him self will hide among hay balles under the wall walk right beside the front of the wagon, prepared to help the mule push as well as guide it when the time comes.]

RE: A Stolen Land - DM Dougfan - 09-23-2016

And here...we......Go!

The morning arrives with hurried urgency.  Apparently, the travelers are not the only ones who wish to get the obvious upcoming battle out of the way.  Nexendia's familiar, Scarf, having been sent up to scout once more (I'm only assuming) spies a fair-sized troop of approximately 6 armed and armored men advancing on horseback from the forest in the South, led by a hooded, cloaked man with a longbow who seems very quiet despite the confidence he and his men exude.  The cloaked man rides on a wagon pulled by two more horses.  Just as expected, it seems, the bandits are right on time.  Upon hearing of this, Oleg immediately sends Svetlana inside to hide and elects to play the bait, at least for now.  But he makes damned sure the plan allows for him to run to protect his wife if things go south.

The arriving bandits sure aren't very discreet or subtle about their intentions, and jest loudly about raiding the Levetons of their fare…among other things.  And why shouldn't they?  There is nothing Oleg and Svetlana can do about it.  They advance at a slow, steady pace, completely secure in the knowledge of their own superiority, as plans are prepared in Oleg's Trading Post.  There is movement behind the scenes, sleepers being awoken, pieces moving into position.  The players have taken the field and set everything up by the time the bandits pass through the gate.

"Hey, Oleg!  Where's Bustylana?  Tell her I got a full quiver just waitin' for her!"  He grabs his groin as he says this, earning an absolutely poisonous look from the operator of this post.
"Shut it, Cade.  You haven't done anything or anyone yet."
"Kressle's pet, Happs.  You think you're better than me just because the boss lady digs what's in your pants?"
"I said Shut Up!  Worthless sack of hide, you couldn't hold your own blade straight if someone didn't hold it up for you!"

The rest is just the bickering of mostly untrained thugs picking over scraps.  The one referred to as 'Happs' clearly seems to be the leader of this rabble, snapping off orders that are met with grumbles.  Though his back is hood covers most of his face, he seems like he's just holding on.  Like something in his life was lost, it then took a sharp left turn on him, and now he is just adapting as best he can.

Suddenly, a loud SNAP echoes in the air, then a sickening crunch, and only a few seconds after comes a blood-curdling scream of absolute agony as Cade's left leg gets snapped nearly in half by Vidar's cleverly-hidden Bear Trap.  The physical damage is visible...and quite grotesque.  The bandits, and Happs, are so utterly shocked that they freeze and just stare at the stream of blood spurting from the screaming Cade.

[[Please state your intentions.  If you want to attack, just roll initiative, and only initiative.  Fluff posts are immensely beneficial as well, though.]]

RE: A Stolen Land - Andra Petrescu - 09-23-2016

Before dawn, Andra awakens and begins work on her potions. It is surprisingly swift, as within six minutes, she has two finished vials before her. She slides both carefully into some loops on the strap of her pack which falls across her chest. Then, taking her shortbow and sword, she mounts the wall just north of the gate and keeps low to avoid detection.

((The moment she hears the brigands, she will drink Bouncy Body elixir, then Illusion of Calm. Those both last into the minutes category, so plenty of time.))

Stealth [1d20+9] = 18+9 = 27

Initiative [1d20+2] = 11+2 = 13

She tries to stay low and moving unpredictably on the wall, while knocking an arrow and letting it fly at whatever thug is closest to the gate.

RE: A Stolen Land - Valdi - 09-23-2016

[Hopefully Elan enlarged Valdi when we roused him]

Valdi will immediately coax the mule to back up with the wagon (using a carrot if need be) and throw his weight against the wagon as well.

[Initiative [1d20] = 1 Damn tangled up in the haybales.]
[Handle animal if needed :Handle Animal [1d20] = 8]
[Strength if needed Strength [1d20+3] = 4+3 = 7 (+1 more if enlarged.)]

[OoC best laid plans ruined by the dice LOL]

RE: A Stolen Land - Vidar the Red - 09-23-2016

[url=[1d20] = 2]Initiative[/url] (following in the footsteps of big brother Smile

Vidar is awoken by his brother in the early morning, the little sleep he got already puts him in a less than favorable mood.  He quickly dons his gear and gets into position.  Patiently he listens to the bandits enter the old fort and bicker with their comments.  Upon hearing the satisfying snap of his bear trap he erupts from his hiding spot between the stable and the house.  Vidar lets forth a wild roar as he lifts the makeshift tower shield and charges at the closest bandit.  He will leave the poor sap with his leg caught in the trap for last.  Hopefully his crazed rush at his foes will distract them while Valdi closes their escape.  Woe to these poor souls.

[url=[1d20+5] = 19+5 = 24]Charge Attack[/url] 
[url=[1d8+5] = 3+5 = 8]Damage[/url]

(Oops, forgot to roll just initiative. Sorry. Messed up the damage too, Vidar only gets a +4 to damage.)