RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Sci-Fi Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=102)
+--- Forum: Stars Wars (WotC) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Forum: Episode 3.9: Before There Was Hope (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=86)
+---- Thread: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) (/showthread.php?tid=306)

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 07-16-2020

[OoC HKs player will be unable to post for the foreseeable future...]

Dez, when you realize their is no response from the droid you look over and see that the droid is slumped at ths scomp port. apparently deactivated.

Swearing you assume the comtrols, ... [the pilot is now the co-pilot, snyoe else cann switch seats and assume the co-pilot role]

Dez make a Pilot skill check

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Dez Synn - 07-16-2020

"Unreliable hunk of useless scrap metal. Frak!   I'm taking over, I could really use a co-pilot here."

Pilot [1d20+9] = 8+9 = 17

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 07-16-2020

Njon hoots twice and hops into the co-pilot seay [he has +9 Pilot the same as Dez.. he is vacating a gunner seat. A gunner can be anyone but prof in heavy weapons or starship weapons oreferred]

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Shunna Maza - 07-31-2020

"Well, lets get out of here now!" Shunna states.  "Set a course at maximum speed in the direction Long stated; to Captain Sun's last logged astrogation destination.  If it requires a trip through hyperspace, start calculating the course as soon as you're able."

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Dez Synn - 07-31-2020

"We will have to get clear of this asteroid field first, Zero can you start the astrogatioin calculation? Or do we need to get clear."

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 07-31-2020

Ubis tells zZero the original destination, a planet called Generis, in the Atrivis sector. You are already in the Atrivis sector so this should actually be a short jump, less than a day, even though you are not on a space lane. Not being on a space lane will just make the astrogation calculation tough. 

The ship does have a nav computer, so you can start the calculations, the problem is the asteroids cayuse too much of a gravity wel, so they prevent you from jumping to hyperspace. You need to get about 10 miles clear of the asteroid field before you can jump.

You can pre-plot the coordinates though and get them into the astrogation compute so that you can astrogate  more easily when the time comes.

Quote: If the Astrogator uses current data (One day old at most), they can plot a safe course. Doing so takes one minute and requires a successful DC 10 Use Computer check.
If an Astrogator has no data with which to plot a jump through Hyperspace, the base DC for the Use Computer check is 30, and the Astrogator must spend 1 hour calculating coordinates and vectors before attempting the check.

Using Nav Computer +5
Attempt to make the check in 1 round -10

So to pre-plot the astrogation will take 1 hour  DC30-5 for nav computer= DC 25 (you can try to speed that up if aim for DC35) .

Once it is pre-plotted, the next time you need it when you want to actually jump it will be DC10 and take one minute (or DC20 for one round)

So, @zero make a Use Computer check.

Is anyone taking over Nkon's gunner position?

Current positions
Dez= Pilot +9 (ATT +3) [Laser Cannons, Twin (Pilot)] ( Proficient in heavy weapons and Zero G environments)
Njon = CoPilot +9 [Blaster Cannon (Copilot)] Mechanic +14 (Only while MK Pilots); ATT +6 (Proficient with heavy weapons)
Shunna = Mechanic +8 (pilot +9; Attack +5)
Zero = System Operator/ Use computer +10; Mechanic +10 (Only while MK Pilots); Medic; ATT: +3
Ubi = Gunner (Attack +4; Mechanic +8) [Blaster Cannon, Batteries]
? = Gunner [Blaster Cannon, Batteries]

Shunna or Callie can both drop into the gunner seat, and just leave it to dp Mechanic duty.

Currently Callie is supervising your prisoner.

It will take at least twenty minutes to get clear of the Minefield, longer if you hide out in the Minefield to take an hour to calculate the astrigation coordinates.

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 08-03-2020

@IT-O (Zero) ? ^^^

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - IT-O (Zero) - 08-06-2020

[OoC: Zero only has a Use Computer 10 so it's impossible for him to roll high enough to get a DC35.  ]

Use Computer: [1d20+10] = 19+10 = 29; Success!  1 hour!

For the fun of it I checked what roll I would get if I used a Force Point: Force Point: [1d6] = 5; I would have failed DC35 by 1 point!!!  LOL!  But if someone would have aided Zero, he would have succeeded!! 

[OoC2:  I think Callie has a higher base attack.  If she does, she should be the gunner.]

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Shunna Maza - 08-06-2020

[OoC: I'm 5th level but I have 1 level of Scout which lowers my BAB to +4.  Assuming she's also 5th level, as long as Callie stays a Jedi or Soldier then she will have a BAB of +5. 

And Callie doesn't have Jedi Mind Trick so it would be probably safer if Shunna guards the prisoner. ]

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 08-07-2020

Callie will jump into the gunners seat, leaving Shunna to watch the prisoner. Zero starts to work calculating the hyperspace coordinates. When he tells Dez it will take an hour Njon gives out a whining sound.