RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Sci-Fi Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=102)
+--- Forum: Stars Wars (WotC) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Forum: Episode 3.9: Before There Was Hope (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=86)
+---- Thread: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) (/showthread.php?tid=306)

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 05-26-2020

MK manuevers the ship to face the small object. Then Zero triggers the ramp to open. In mere moments Shunna can see the remains of the battle droid floating in empty space, a mere 20 meters away.

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Shunna Maza - 05-30-2020

[Grrrrr I lost my post!!!   Angry ]

[OoC1: Which kind of battle droid is it?]

"I can see it," Shunna says while activating her lightsaber and taking on a full defensive stance.  "It appears to be the remains of a battle droid.  Can someone scan it to make sure it's not active?"

[OoC2: If the battle droid is safely powered down...]

"We need to move the ship to at least within 9 meters."

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - IT-O (Zero) - 05-30-2020

Zero will scan the object... [Perception check?]

[Use Computer: [1d20+10] = 18+10 = 28 ; Woot!]

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 05-31-2020

(05-30-2020, 04:04 PM)Shunna Maza Wrote: [Grrrrr I lost my post!!!   Angry ]

[OoC1: Which kind of battle droid is it?]

"I can see it," Shunna says while activating her lightsaber and taking on a full defensive stance.  "It appears to be the remains of a battle droid.  Can someone scan it to make sure it's not active?"

[OoC2: If the battle droid is safely powered down...]

"We need to move the ship to at least within 9 meters."
It is just the head and torso of a clone wars super battle droid, destroyed earlier in the cantina when gangsters on the Rock attacked Ubi Sunt. Ubi tells you that he owns it and that it was on his ship, the Wild Card, which the droid Long is currently in possession of. Dez confirms thus, she and the droid met Ubi in that gunfight, she had helped drag this fragment of the battle droid to the ship from the cantina.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - IT-O (Zero) - 06-01-2020

[OOC: Does Zero learn anything with his scans? ]

"I assume your friend, Long, managed to somehow turned the remains of the Battle Droid into a transmitter to repeat this message for you.  It's likely the Base has already picked up the same message like we did unless he somehow managed to mask the transmitter signal so it would be difficult for them to detect.  We should pull it aboard immediately and stop it from transmitting."

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Shunna Maza - 06-02-2020

(06-01-2020, 03:50 PM)IT-O (Zero) Wrote: We should pull it aboard immediately and stop it from transmitting."

"I'm trying but no one is moving the ship close enough for me to pull it onboard."

If they take the hint to move closer, Shunna will reach out with the force to, Move light object. [Check: Automatic]

Move Light Object: (Trained Only)

As a Move Action, you can Use the Force to telekinetically lift and move a relatively light object within your line of sight. A successful DC 10 Use the Force check allows you to move an object weighing up to 5 kg a distance of 6 squares in any direction.

If no one takes the hint and assuming she has some slack in her chain to move, Shunna moves closer 2 squares and then reaches out with the force to, Move Object. [Shunna's minimum roll of 1 will move a Large object.]

Move Object:

Targets: One character or object within 12 squares, and within line of sight.

Effect: You telekinetically move a target up to 6 squares in any direction using The Force.

Make a Use the Force check. The result of the check determines the maximum size of the target you can lift.

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - H1-MK2 "MK" - 06-03-2020

[[OOC: Hey so I am here, but I really have not had much time lately. 6 day, 58 hour work weeks is not leaving me much time to do anything other than sleep. I'll catch up on reading tomorrow and try to get back into the swing of things.]]

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 06-03-2020

(06-01-2020, 03:50 PM)IT-O (Zero) Wrote: [OOC: Does Zero learn anything with his scans? ]

"I assume your friend, Long, managed to somehow turned the remains of the Battle Droid into a transmitter to repeat this message for you.  It's likely the Base has already picked up the same message like we did unless he somehow managed to mask the transmitter signal so it would be difficult for them to detect.  We should pull it aboard immediately and stop it from transmitting."

Nothing more learned from the scans other than the object is on very little power, not enough for anything beyond what an energy cell would power. It definitely is the source of the long range comm signal, which unfortunately is NOT scrambled, so yes, guaranteed everyone within 50kms has picked up on it.

Probably why Long was cryptic and just mentions Ubi's last astrogation logs rather than giving coordinates.

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Dez Synn - 06-03-2020

Dez will try and maneuver the ship closer.

[Pilot [1d20+9] = 3+9 = 12]

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 06-03-2020

Dez maneuver succeeds (Take 10 would have worked)