RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Sci-Fi Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=102)
+--- Forum: Stars Wars (WotC) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Forum: Episode 3.9: Before There Was Hope (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=86)
+---- Thread: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) (/showthread.php?tid=306)

RE: I, Jedi (Shunna Maza) - DM Nerdred - 03-13-2017

The heavy repeating blaster is 4 meters centered directly outside the lift.  It would seem Shunna is on her own, only the Talz, Njon, follows her.  Five of the guards continue to advance (6 meters) and shoot at the few remaining slaves still running.  Four more slaves fall to the ground under a hail of blaster fire from the advancing guards.  Most of the slaves have reached the relative safety of their cells but who knows how much that will protect them.  Just as things can't seem to get any worse there are a series of explosive rumbles from the guard room where Shunna just was.  "They're trying to break in!"  The Zabrak yells.  It would appear that the Mining Guild security guards have the escaped slaves surrounded and time is running short.

Shunna Maza's turn.  The nearest guard is 21 meters away.  The Talz is currently taking cover behind a table not far from Shunna.

RE: I, Jedi (Shunna Maza) - Shunna Maza - 03-15-2017

This was taking too long.  Shunna needed to draw their fire from the the slaves.  So while she moves to use one of the cell openings for cover she draws her Blaster Carbine.  Then while peeking around a corner to get as much cover as possible, she starts firing!  

[Attack +5 = 11; range 30'; Damage 2d8 = 11 I think I missed.]

"That was a warning shot.  Next one blows something off!"

RE: I, Jedi (Shunna Maza) - DM Nerdred - 03-15-2017

Ooc - Using the corner of the cell as cover grants Shunna a +5 to Reflex defense.  Lying prone also grants a +5 to Reflex defense to ranged attacks.

Shunna misses her target but only by a meter.  The Talz rushes forward shooting wildly and hitting none of the guards, but manages to reach the next table.  The returning blaster fire certainly gets the guards attention and now the heavy repeating blaster opens up a barrage of energy bolts at Shunna taking cover in her cell.  Acrid smoke pours forth from each blaster filling the air with puffy clouds of smoke.  The dense rock wall in front of Shunna soaks up the barrage from the repeating blaster.  "You stand no chance against us Slave!  Surrender and we will allow you to live. Resist and you will die." The commander says in a cold matter of fact voice.

A loud explosion is heard and felt from the guard room.  Small bits of rock fall from the ceiling onto Shunna as she takes cover from the onslaught of fire.  There is a brief silence throughout the cavernous prison, then blaster fire erupts again from both sides of the hall.  Shunna glance back into the guard room to see it filled with the smoke and dust of a huge explosive blast and red blaster bolts dash back and forth.  The other slaves were putting up a fight with whoever had just breached the door inside.

Shunna peeks out and sees the five guards, who were so confidently advancing and shooting at defenseless slaves now take cover behind one of the large tables only 15 meters away now.  Shunna can see and hear them begin targeting the Talz now but are unable to hit the furry colossus.

Shunna's turn.

Shunna considers surrendering but if she did, all the people who were cut down by the guards would just double down on their torture and likely do a lot of nasty things to her before killing her.  If it meant saving people's lives she would accept death but these guards aren't going to release the slaves if she gives up.  Shunna takes a deep breath then runs to the next cell to the north and hides around the corner for cover.  She then fires again...

[Blaster Carbine:  Attack +5 = 20!; Damage: 5  Dodgy Really?? Average is 9!  Grrr Angry ]

Ooc - I'm assuming, because of the damage dice, that Shunna is using the stun setting?  All weapons with a stun setting have a maximum range of 6 meters unless otherwise noted in the weapon's description. Also, weapons on auto fire mode (like the heavy repeating blaster) still hit even on a miss.  Targets in the area take half damage unless they have evasion. I've been brushing up on my SAGA :Smile 

Shunna dashes out from behind her cover and rushes to the safety of the next cell.  The guards holding their position just outside the lift were waiting for just such a move and open fire on Shunna.  The other guards manning the repeating blaster weren't ready however.  She shoots one of the guards taking cover behind a table across from her but he is still in the fight.

[url=[1d20+4] = 1+4 = 5, damage [3d6] = 8 ]Guard 1[/url] He shoots but his sweaty palms drop his pistol!
[url=[1d20+4] = 12+4 = 16, damage [3d6] = 11 ]Guard 2[/url] He hits a table between Shunna and himself.

[OoC: I guess I need to brush up on the rules about firearms too.  The damage on my sheet for a Blaster Carbine was the same (2d8) for both the physical and stun damage.  How far away am I right now from the closest guard and the big gun?]

Ooc - Correction, Max range of a weapon set to stun is 6 squares (not meters) Your carbine does 3d8 damage and 2d8 stun, it has single fire and auto fire capability.  Auto fire allows you to shoot a 2x2 area, if you beat all the target's Reflex Defense they take full damage, if you miss, they still take half damage.  Switching modes of fire is a swift action. There are a lot of similar but slightly different rules i'm still wrapping my head around in Saga edition compared to 3.5.

The closest guard (#6) is 7squares away or 14 meters.  The heavy repeating blaster, about 25 squares away, is set up in front of the leader (he's wearing the Captain Crunch hat in the map)

(03-15-2017, 05:57 PM)DM Nerdred Wrote: Ooc - Correction, Max range of a weapon set to stun is 6 squares (not meters) Your carbine does 3d8 damage and 2d8 stun, it has single fire and auto fire capability.  Auto fire allows you to shoot a 2x2 area, if you beat all the target's Reflex Defense they take full damage, if you miss, they still take half damage.  Switching modes of fire is a swift action. There are a lot of similar but slightly different rules i'm still wrapping my head around in Saga edition compared to 3.5.

The closest guard (#6) is 7squares away or 14 meters.  The heavy repeating blaster, about 25 squares away, is set up in front of the leader (he's wearing the Captain Crunch hat in the map)

Thank you for the map.  I now have a couple of questions.  

First, how big is that table the five guards are hiding behind?
Second, can I use the Move Object power to hurl it diagonally, North West, to hit all five of the guards?   Big Grin

I will get back to you on that Wink

(03-15-2017, 06:23 PM)Shunna Maza Wrote:
(03-15-2017, 05:57 PM)DM Nerdred Wrote: Ooc - Correction, Max range of a weapon set to stun is 6 squares (not meters) Your carbine does 3d8 damage and 2d8 stun, it has single fire and auto fire capability.  Auto fire allows you to shoot a 2x2 area, if you beat all the target's Reflex Defense they take full damage, if you miss, they still take half damage.  Switching modes of fire is a swift action. There are a lot of similar but slightly different rules i'm still wrapping my head around in Saga edition compared to 3.5.

Thank you for the map.  I now have a couple of questions.  

First, how big is that table the five guards are hiding behind?
Second, can I use the Move Object power to hurl it diagonally, North West, to hit all five of the guards?   Big Grin
 Yes you can.  The Use the Force DC is 20 for a large object, the table will do 4d6 damage and I will treat it as an area attack of 2x5 squares. The rules say the range is 6 squares or line of sight.  Line of sight makes the most sense to me.