RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Sci-Fi Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=102)
+--- Forum: Stars Wars (WotC) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Forum: Episode 3.9: Before There Was Hope (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=86)
+---- Thread: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) (/showthread.php?tid=306)

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - H1-MK2 "MK" - 04-27-2020

"I suggest we destroy the beacon before escaping. It wouldn't do to leave a way for them to follow us."

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 04-27-2020

Ubi Sunt replies.

"Destroy it or collect it if we can. Whatever it is it came off my ship, and I don't recall having a beacon in my storage."

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Shunna Maza - 04-27-2020

(04-27-2020, 04:24 PM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: Ubi Sunt replies.

"Destroy it or collect it if we can. Whatever it is it came off my ship, and I don't recall having a beacon in my storage."

[OoC: As someone who is not familiar with Star Wars Tech, how would we retrieve it, if we wanted to?  Do we have a tractor beam? Grappling cables? ]

"Whatever we're going to do, we must do it quickly.  How old is the astronav data?  Whomever is most proficient should start plotting a course through hyperspace.  Depending on the age of the data, this might take awhile."

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 04-28-2020

(04-27-2020, 05:04 PM)Shunna Maza Wrote:
(04-27-2020, 04:24 PM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: Ubi Sunt replies.

[OoC: As someone who is not familiar with Star Wars Tech, how would we retrieve it, if we wanted to?  Do we have a tractor beam? Grappling cables? ]

"Whatever we're going to do, we must do it quickly.  How old is the astronav data?  Whomever is most proficient should start plotting a course through hyperspace.  Depending on the age of the data, this might take awhile."
Astrogation is a Use Computer activity

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 04-28-2020

This ship has no tractor beam, but if someone could 'spacewalk' they could retrieve things. There is a very small airlock from the cargo hold.

[OoC MK is the pilot.. until he declares that he is going too move the ship somewhere it is just going to sit in place.. adrift. Talking about what to do is not doing it]

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - H1-MK2 "MK" - 04-28-2020

MK would turn the ship towards to beacon and move closer, whether to destroy it or retrieve it is left up to the organics.

(04-28-2020, 06:42 PM)H1-MK2 "MK Wrote: MK would turn the ship towards to beacon and move closer, whether to destroy it or retrieve it is left up to the organics.
The object emitting the signal, whatever it is, is on the far side of an asteroid large enough to hide a capital ship. You can see how this asteroid field earned the name "The Minefield" Asteroids, large and small, tumbling randomly, and often destructively into each other create an ever changing and hazardous maze. Nearer the larger asteroids puts you in danger of being crushed by them, but looks like the safest spots, because they clear the space immediately around them when they tumble.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Shunna Maza - 05-14-2020

[OoC:  Can the players or NPC's tell us if there's another launch bay on the other side of the Asteroid, in the direction of the beacon?  ]

Shunna says to the new droid, "How much time do we have before the canons become active?  Do we have enough time to get to the object, bring it into the ship and hyperspace away?

To everyone she says, "Do we have access to the Holo-nav or access to current Astrogation data stored somewhere?  We need to start charting the course through hyper space!"

[OoC2:   If the Astrogator uses current data (One day old at most), they can plot a safe course. Doing so takes one minute and requires a successful DC 10 Use Computer check.  If the leader was planning on escaping I assume he would have astrogation data stored somewhere, right?  If we have no access to any data then the DC becomes 30 and takes an hour to calculate! ]

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - IT-O (Zero) - 05-14-2020

Zero will be checking on the Astro-Nav information.

"Are you well enough, Dez?  Your fleshy exterior was quite damaged just a moment ago.  Do you need more assistance?"

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 05-16-2020

(05-14-2020, 11:16 PM)Shunna Maza Wrote: [OoC:  Can the players or NPC's tell us if there's another launch bay on the other side of the Asteroid, in the direction of the beacon?  ]

[ OoC The asteroid that the PC's just left? Only Dez an Zero are from the asteroid and they do not know of any other landing facility.  Then again Dez did not even know of the one you left from, it was Holon Veil's secret.]

(05-14-2020, 11:16 PM)Shunna Maza Wrote: Shunna says to the new droid, "How much time do we have before the canons become active?  Do we have enough time to get to the object, bring it into the ship and hyperspace away?

The new droid has no way of knowing that. It is Zero that shut things down, not HK. Zero would tell you that you better get to the opposite side of that asteroid quick, once there the  asteroid should shield you from trhe turbolasers.

(05-14-2020, 11:16 PM)Shunna Maza Wrote: To everyone she says, "Do we have access to the Holo-nav or access to current Astrogation data stored somewhere?  We need to start charting the course through hyper space!"

[OoC2:   If the Astrogator uses current data (One day old at most), they can plot a safe course. Doing so takes one minute and requires a successful DC 10 Use Computer check.  If the leader was planning on escaping I assume he would have astrogation data stored somewhere, right?  If we have no access to any data then the DC becomes 30 and takes an hour to calculate! ]

You cannot plot a hyperspace course from within the Minefield.. you have toget out of the Minefield asteroid cluster first,there are too many gravitational anomalies here, that is why they call this asteroid cluster the Minefield.

As for the astrogation information,  it is recently up to date thanks to being downloaded recently, less than a day ago, but Zero can tell that the last time this ship made an actual hyperspace jump was weeks ago if the nav computer history. It doesn't take a lot to realize that as usual, the shuttle has been used  as exactly that, as a shuttle from a larger vessel.
This would be reinforced by Shunna's knowledge that  there are TIE fighters in the area  [she was shot down by one defending Ubi's ship in her backstory]