RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Sci-Fi Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=102)
+--- Forum: Stars Wars (WotC) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Forum: Episode 3.9: Before There Was Hope (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=86)
+---- Thread: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) (/showthread.php?tid=306)

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - IT-O (Zero) - 03-19-2020

"It behooves me to mention that the mining facility has turbolaser batteries spaced around the rim of the one kilometer wide crater where the facility is based.  They are usually used to destroy or deflect asteroids that stray too close to the base, but they are perfectly capable of targeting ships.  They are powered by the main reactor which I programmed to shutdown and restart.  They will restart in approximately 1 minute."

Zero will scan for any targets that may be hiding in the asteroid field.

Notice Targets (Use Computer): [1d20+10] = 11+10 = 21

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 03-20-2020

There is something small and metallic floating on the far side of an asteroid approximately 2.5 km above the mining facility. It is too small for a starship, but it seems to be emitting a signal of some sort. Otherwise you might not have located it.

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - IT-O (Zero) - 03-26-2020

[OoC1: Sorry for the delay.  Work has been crazy.]

[OoC2: We forgot about Callista.  Her base attack is +4 and her dex is +2 for a total of +6.  So she is probably better than Dez (+3) for the gunner position. ]

While still scanning the asteroid field Zero states, "There is something small and metallic floating on the far side of an asteroid approximately 2.5 km above the mining facility. It is too small for a starship, but it seems to be emitting a signal of some sort."

[OoC3: Can Zero do a Search Starship check?  I know it's not a Starship but there doesn't seem to be any other action that lets you scan an object to figure out what it is which seems odd.]

"Perhaps this is the beacon (or whatever they call it in Star Wars) that is emitting the repeating message."

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 03-26-2020

You do not get Dex on vehicle weaponry but you do get the ships targetting modifier (the ship computers Int modifier)

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - IT-O (Zero) - 03-30-2020

Quote:[OoC3: Can Zero do a Search Starship check?  I know it's not a Starship but there doesn't seem to be any other action that lets you scan an object to figure out what it is which seems odd.]

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 03-31-2020

(03-26-2020, 04:57 PM)IT-O (Zero) Wrote: [OoC3: Can Zero do a Search Starship check?  I know it's not a Starship but there doesn't seem to be any other action that lets you scan an object to figure out what it is which seems odd.]

Yes, it just gets modifiers based on the size of object, and whether the object is powered up or powered down, or shielded insome way.

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - IT-O (Zero) - 04-16-2020

Use Computer: [1d20+10] = 14+10 = 24; Search Starship.

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 04-19-2020

You identify it as a medium sized object, metallic in nature, no weapon systms an not of any recognizabl ship type (not even large enough to even be a vehicle actually). Nor does it have any shields. It is definitely the source of the repeating signal being sent by the droid 'Long'

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - IT-O (Zero) - 04-27-2020

Zero explains, "It is a medium sized object, metallic in nature, no weapon systems an not of any recognizable ship type (not even large enough to even be a vehicle actually). Nor does it have any shields. It is definitely the source of the repeating signal being sent by the droid 'Long'.  Shall we retrieve or destroy the beacon while escaping?"

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Dez Synn - 04-27-2020

"We need to get out of the line of fire, and away from the Rock before Holon Veil finds a ship. He'll come after me if he does."