RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Sci-Fi Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=102)
+--- Forum: Stars Wars (WotC) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Forum: Episode 3.9: Before There Was Hope (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=86)
+---- Thread: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) (/showthread.php?tid=306)

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 01-26-2020

Backtracking for a moment to Round 12

MK make a quick Diplomacy check for me.

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - H1-MK2 "MK" - 01-26-2020

(01-26-2020, 10:19 PM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: Backtracking for a moment to Round 12

MK make a quick Diplomacy check for me.

[OOC: And this ladies and gentlemen, is where MK gets locked in the locker for the remainder of the flight.]

Diplomacy: [1d20+2] = 3+2 = 5

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 01-26-2020

Njon hesitates a moment 
"Wouldn't an Imperial droid say exactly that?' 
He hoots and trills in Talzi to Zero 
He does not open the cabinet, he's already had one droid hold a buzzsaw and get him arrested and imprisoned today.

Round 13 (cont)

Initiatives
20.0 Dez
19.04 Station Security A (Guards A-F)
18.08 Zero
16.04 Station Security B (Guards I-L)
15.14 Imperial Pilot
14.099 Shunna
14.0985 H1-MK2 
14.098 Callie
14.097 Ubi
14.096 Njon
14.090 'the Zabrak'
14.02 Imperial astromech
8.03 aqualish tech

Guard A retreats 1.5m down the stair and opens fire on the zabrak, missing completely in his panic.
Guard A attack Heavy Pistol [1d20+6] = 10+6 = 16; Damage [3d8] = 12

[Image: x0UXwLEm.jpg]
.@Zero's turn

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - IT-O (Zero) - 01-27-2020

[OoC: I assume you meant Persuasion check, not Diplomacy.]

Quote:Njon hesitates a moment 
"Wouldn't an Imperial droid say exactly that?' 
He hoots and trills in Talzi to Zero 

[OoC2:  Zero wishes he had a pair of eyebrows to knit together in annoyance...  Dodgy  Tongue ]

Zero analyzes his options when dealing with the Talz.  He could attempt to intimidate the Talz by creating an aura of unliving, emotionless menace that no biological creature can match and combine it with the cruel application of medical knowledge (via Interrogator talent).  But it would only confirm the Talz's irrational dread of all Droids, with now Zero included.  Zero could order the Talz at blaster point to let the droid out but again it would only reaffirm his droid bias.  The Droid had some programing in psychology in which to persuade the Talz but as Shunna stated, there is an army approaching which indicates there wasn't a lot of time to convince the Talz to take action.  This all takes about 0.68 seconds to analyze, which for a droid, is nearly an eternity.  Zero chooses to first apply a gentler approach.

"Mr. Talz.  I understand your apprehension," Zero hoots and chirps in Talz.  "But unfortunately we need an exceptionally skilled pilot.  If the droid was working with the Imperials they would employ his skills rather than this basic Astromech."  

"No offense," Zero says in binary to the Astromech. 

"So please, open the compartment so this droid can get us off this Rock before the Army gets here."

Zero will tell the ship to accept MK's commands.

[OoC3: The Use Computer skill states:  Issuing routine commands doesn't normally require a Use Computer check.  But incase in this instance it does...]

Use Computer: [1d20+10] = 2+10 = 12 ;  Dodgy

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 01-27-2020

(01-27-2020, 12:35 AM)IT-O (Zero) Wrote: [OoC: I assume you meant Persuasion check, not Diplomacy.]

Yes, still getting the jargon down for this game.

(01-27-2020, 12:35 AM)IT-O (Zero) Wrote: ...
"Mr. Talz.  I understand your apprehension," Zero hoots and chirps in Talz.  "But unfortunately we need an exceptionally skilled pilot.  If the droid was working with the Imperials they would employ his skills rather than this basic Astromech."  

"No offense," Zero says in binary to the Astromech. 

"So please, open the compartment so this droid can get us off this Rock before the Army gets here."

Zero will tell the ship to accept MK's commands.

[OoC3: The Use Computer skill states:  Issuing routine commands doesn't normally require a Use Computer check.  But incase in this instance it does...]

Use Computer: [1d20+10] = 2+10 = 12 ;  Dodgy

Success, no check needed.

Round 13 (cont)

Initiatives
20.0 Dez
19.04 Station Security A (Guards A-F)
18.08 Zero
16.04 Station Security B (Guards I-L)
16.02 Station Security C (Guards 7.xx)
15.14 Imperial Pilot
15.03 Well dressed man
14.099 Shunna
14.0985 H1-MK2 
14.098 Callie
14.097 Ubi
14.096 Njon
14.090 'the Zabrak'
14.02 Imperial astromech
8.03 aqualish tech

Guards 6.K and 6.L both switch targets to Ubi rather than Dez. The second of the two hits Ybu in the shoulder.
Guard K attack Heavy Pistol [1d20+6] = 5+6 = 11; Damage [3d8] = 8
Guard L attack Heavy Pistol [1d20+6] = 14+6 = 20; Damage [3d8] = 12

The huge group of security reinforcements  moves into the control room in two groups, coming through each entrance.

The Imperial pilot, realizing that the ship will likely take off in mere moments buckles himself into his seat. 
"Don't worry 4-YP. They will not harm us as long as we cooperate."

The droid answers with a despairing sounding moan. In Binary it translates to "I must activate protocol Omega."

They are followed by a man in well dressed finry. An odd outfit in a dusty, grimy mining base. Shunna does not recognize him. [OoC no one but her is even aware of him.]

@Shunna's turn

[Image: 8gsOLoRm.jpg]

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Shunna Maza - 01-27-2020

Shunna calls out to her companions, "The army is here..."

With no time left to waste, Shunna extends her hand toward the docking claw.  She then opens her mind and body to the force allowing it's energy to surround and bind to her.  She then imagines and grasps the crude matter of the docking claw, attempting to pull it from its foundations.

Use the Force: [1d20+15] = 15+15 = 30; Can move object up to Gargantuan size (Deals 8d6 points of damage).

Damage:  Move object: [8d6] = 27

[OoC:  If needed Shunna will use a Force Point.  As you ruled before, we may use a force point after we know if a roll succeeds.  ]

Force point:  Move object additional force point damage: [2d6] = 9, [2d6] = 7; First roll is for the force point boosting the size from Gargantuan (8d6) to Colossal (10d6) which is an increase of 2d6 damage and second roll is for the additional damage gained by virtue of using a force point which is another 2d6; Total From All Damage Rolls: 43

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 01-27-2020

Using the force point Shunna rips the docking clamp free. 

Still latched in the storage compartment it is @H1-MK2 "MK"'s turn.

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - H1-MK2 "MK" - 01-27-2020

Well given there isn't much he can do, MK is going to ready a move action to move to the nearest scomp link once the crate is opened, and ready a standard action to adjust any weapon controls using his Personalized Controls talent.

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - IT-O (Zero) - 01-27-2020

(01-27-2020, 11:13 AM)H1-MK2 "MK Wrote: Well given there isn't much he can do, MK is going to ready a move action to move to the nearest scomp link once the crate is opened, and ready a standard action to adjust any weapon controls using his Personalized Controls talent.

[OoC: I think you mean delay action.  A ready action moves before the trigger.  If you readied, you'd react before the door was opened and start smashing your chassis against the door.   Tongue ]

Zero vocabulates in binary to MK, "I've given you access to the ship's systems but the Talz is being stubborn.  I'm trying to reason with with the Talz.  If that fails, someone will be along momentarily to get you out of the locker."

Zero will tell anyone who gets into the ship to release MK from his confinement.

[OOC: Isn't Shunna standing on the ramp?  If she is, Zero will tell her.]

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - H1-MK2 "MK" - 01-27-2020

[OOC: In my few years of gaming ready has always been able to be used before or after a trigger. For example, readying an action to hit someone coming through a door. If it happened before the trigger, you still wouldn't be aware of it or you would hit the door. Meanwhile a delay would allow that character or npc to finish his turn and possibly ruin your delayed action by disabling you.]