RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Sci-Fi Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=102)
+--- Forum: Stars Wars (WotC) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Forum: Episode 3.9: Before There Was Hope (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=86)
+---- Thread: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) (/showthread.php?tid=306)

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - IT-O (Zero) - 01-21-2020

The Talz was the only humanoid on board the ship who wasn't engaged in some continuous activity.  So while Zero's visual sensor darts back and forth to keep an eye on everyone inside the ship, he vocabulates in chirps and buzzes to communicate in the Talz's native language, "Please release the droid pilot locked inside the storage locker across from the Imperial Pilot."  Pauses a moment then chirps in Binary to MK, "What is your name? Do you have any professional skills?"

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - H1-MK2 "MK" - 01-21-2020

(01-21-2020, 03:54 AM)IT-O (Zero) Wrote: The Talz was the only humanoid on board the ship who wasn't engaged in some continuous activity.  So while Zero's visual sensor darts back and forth to keep an eye on everyone inside the ship, he vocabulates in chirps and buzzes to communicate in the Talz's native language, "Please release the droid pilot locked inside the storage locker across from the Imperial Pilot."  Pauses a moment then chirps, "What is your name? Do you have any professional skills?"

[OOC: Was that last bit aimed at the talz or MK? I'm still waking up lol.]

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 01-21-2020

(01-21-2020, 02:38 AM)IT-O (Zero) Wrote: Zero, who's appearance is similar to an upside down miniature Death Star (even though we have no knowledge of the technological menace... yet) replies in binary, "I did suffer the indignity of a restraining bolt but another wily droid freed me from the device.  I kept it attached to trick the owner of this facility into believing I was still under his control.  My name is IT-O or just Zero.  (At the GM's leisure...) I will attempt to give you full access to the ship's computers.  And now without the constant negative influence of another," Zero spins the bottom half of his sphere to glare in the Astromech's direction with his single, bright red, visual sensor.  "The ship and I seem to have finally come to an understanding." 

Just to be clear Zero can't actually do what he is talking about until his turn next round.

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 01-21-2020

It is now Callie, Ubi, Njon, and the Zabraks turns. I will post them this evening likely after work.

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - IT-O (Zero) - 01-21-2020

(01-21-2020, 03:54 AM)IT-O (Zero) Wrote: The Talz was the only humanoid on board the ship who wasn't engaged in some continuous activity.  So while Zero's visual sensor darts back and forth to keep an eye on everyone inside the ship, he vocabulates in chirps and buzzes to communicate in the Talz's native language, "Please release the droid pilot locked inside the storage locker across from the Imperial Pilot."  Pauses a moment then chirps in Binary to MK, "What is your name? Do you have any OTHER professional skills that may be of assistant getting us off this Rock?"

[OoC: Edited post to specify the last part was in Binary.and to ML

(01-21-2020, 01:45 PM)DM Vitkyng Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 02:38 AM)IT-O (Zero) Wrote: Zero, who's appearance is similar to an upside down miniature Death Star (even though we have no knowledge of the technological menace... yet) replies in binary, "I did suffer the indignity of a restraining bolt but another wily droid freed me from the device.  I kept it attached to trick the owner of this facility into believing I was still under his control.  My name is IT-O or just Zero.  (At the GM's leisure...) I will attempt to give you full access to the ship's computers.  And now without the constant negative influence of another," Zero spins the bottom half of his sphere to glare in the Astromech's direction with his single, bright red, visual sensor.  "The ship and I seem to have finally come to an understanding." 

Just to be clear Zero can't actually do what he is talking about until his turn next round.

Affirmative.

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - H1-MK2 "MK" - 01-21-2020

(01-21-2020, 03:54 AM)IT-O (Zero) Wrote: The Talz was the only humanoid on board the ship who wasn't engaged in some continuous activity.  So while Zero's visual sensor darts back and forth to keep an eye on everyone inside the ship, he vocabulates in chirps and buzzes to communicate in the Talz's native language, "Please release the droid pilot locked inside the storage locker across from the Imperial Pilot."  Pauses a moment then chirps in Binary to MK, "What is your name? Do you have any professional skills?"

Replying in Binary, MK gave his name and a short list of his specialties and qualifications.

"My name is H1-MK2, and I am a mechanic droid. I served in the Clone Wars aboard an Acclamator-class assault cruiser. My specialties are repair, modification, computer access, and in dire circumstances piloting."

[OOC: Nice thing about binary is these replies hardly take any time at all.]

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 01-25-2020

Round 12 (cont.)

Initiatives
20.0 Dez
19.04 Station Security A (Guards A-F)
18.08 Zero
16.04 Station Security B (Guards I-L)
15.14 Imperial Pilot
14.099 Shunna
14.0985 H1-MK2 
14.098 Callie
14.097 Ubi
14.096 Njon
14.090 'the Zabrak'
14.02 Imperial astromech
8.03 aqualish tech

Callie continues to cut away at the docking clamp.  "It is almost through, I could use some help!"

Ubi moves up beside Callie and aims his blaster at the clamp, attempting to assist her in destroying the clamp.
Ubi - Heavy Pistol (point blank) [1d20+8] = 11+8 = 19; Damage [3d8+3] = 19+3 = 22 He chips away just a little bit more.

Njon, following Shunna's urging rushes over to the storage locker that they heard the sounds of MK from, hooting and whistling in Talzi "Are you sure it's safe? This could be an Imperial droid."

The zabrak, feeling desperate opens fire on Guard 6A again.  Finally he hits, the guard square in the chest, staggering the guard, who despite his armour is almost dropped to his knees (-1 step on condition track).  The zabrak then advances 5-feet further down the stairs, to stand face to face with the guard "Let me past or you die!"
Zabrak: blaster pistol [1d20+6] = 10+6 = 16; Damage [3d8+4] = 12+4 = 16

The astromech moves from it's spot by the data port and rolls over to stand beside the Imperial pilot.

The aqualish engineer RUNS toward the exit.

[Image: FiprBJem.jpg]

Round 13

Initiatives
20.0 Dez
19.04 Station Security A (Guards A-F)
18.08 Zero
16.04 Station Security B (Guards I-L)
15.14 Imperial Pilot
14.099 Shunna
14.0985 H1-MK2 
14.098 Callie
14.097 Ubi
14.096 Njon
14.090 'the Zabrak'
14.02 Imperial astromech
8.03 aqualish tech

@Dez Synn's turn

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - H1-MK2 "MK" - 01-25-2020

Translator: [1d20+4] = 10+4 = 14

MK's translator unit quickly went to work and had this other lifeform's language on file, Talzi. Listening to the Talz' objection, MK interjected:

"If I was an Imperial droid iDroid I wouldn't be locked up in a storage locker with a restraining bolt so unceremoniously snapped onto my chassis."

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Dez Synn - 01-26-2020

Dez abandons the repeating blaster and hurries towards the ship and up the ramp, inishing her double move at M56.