RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Sci-Fi Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=102)
+--- Forum: Stars Wars (WotC) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Forum: Episode 3.9: Before There Was Hope (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=86)
+---- Thread: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) (/showthread.php?tid=306)

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 01-19-2020

(01-19-2020, 12:36 PM)H1-MK2 "MK Wrote: [OOC: Is MK able to hear any of this with that 20 Perception and his improved sensors?]
You heard everything after the pilot say that he was coming out and sitting down near you. Including threatening the astromech and Shunna asking if she's the only pilot.

Callie, Dez, Ubi and the zabrak could not hear Shunna's question. They are outside of the ship, whose engines are on

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 01-19-2020

(01-19-2020, 06:17 AM)IT-O (Zero) Wrote: [OoC: Since we can speak any time during the round...]

Zero says, "The Base is about about 10 seconds away from shutdown.  Please hurry..."
Only those inside of the ship can hear you and Shunna. There is too much noise from the engines outside

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - H1-MK2 "MK" - 01-19-2020

MK maneuvers his legs to stand on the door of the locker, before smacking his hands around the inside to make noise, hoping to draw attention.

[OOC: Guess thats a move action to interact with the crate?]

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Shunna Maza - 01-19-2020

(01-19-2020, 12:36 PM)H1-MK2 "MK Wrote: [OOC: Is MK able to hear any of this with that 20 Perception and his improved sensors?]

[OoC: To the GM:  In case there is any question, Shunna wasn't being demure when she called out for a pilot.  It would have been loud with possible expletives sprinkled in to emphasize the gravity of the situation  Tongue   

But yes, I was hoping MK might be a pilot (but I couldn't check cuz your sheet isn't set to public) and self preservation would spur you into action.]

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - H1-MK2 "MK" - 01-19-2020

(01-19-2020, 03:54 PM)Shunna Maza Wrote:
(01-19-2020, 12:36 PM)H1-MK2 "MK Wrote: [OOC: Is MK able to hear any of this with that 20 Perception and his improved sensors?]

[OoC: To the GM:  In case there is any question, Shunna wasn't being demure when she called out for a pilot.  It would have been loud with possible expletives sprinkled in to emphasize the gravity of the situation  Tongue   

But yes, I was hoping MK might be a pilot (but I couldn't check cuz your sheet isn't set to public) and self preservation would spur you into action.]

[OOC: Yea, Im used to games where people keep their sheets to themselves. Makes the game more interesting in my eyes. More dynamic. Nothing personal lol. But yea, he's a pilot. +14 to be exact.]

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Shunna Maza - 01-19-2020

(01-19-2020, 07:04 PM)H1-MK2 "MK Wrote:
(01-19-2020, 03:54 PM)Shunna Maza Wrote:

[OOC: Yea, Im used to games where people keep their sheets to themselves. Makes the game more interesting in my eyes. More dynamic. Nothing personal lol. But yea, he's a pilot. +14 to be exact.]

[OoC: I understand.  In the past I've done the same thing especially when there was some info that I wanted to keep private and the character sheet was posted directly onto this site.  But now we've been using the mythweavers sheets, it has a private section (which you've mentioned) that I can hide private info.  Sometimes it's nice to be able to see other sheets especially those written by people with more experience (which is almost everyone.  Tongue  ) in the rules.  

So please feel free to mention in the OoC thread or in PM if I've made a mistake.  Or if you see info in a post I've written and you're curious about my thought process behind the decision, feel free to ask, I won't get butt-hurt about it.   I'd rather know if there's a mistake or a better way.  I'm very familiar with d20 D&D but there are some changes in Star Wars Saga that I'm still finding and I would like to learn about.

Oh and if you're know how to play Star Wars from Fantasy Flight Games, and you feel like GMing, there is another game here that's archived that the players may be thrilled at resurrecting.  I happen to be one of them.  Just ask and I'm sure there won't be a problem putting the game back on the boards for you to GM. ]

Quote:Callie is already working on cutting through the docking clamp with the shoto lightsaber.

[OoC: How far has she gotten through the docking clamp?  When the power shuts down, will the atmospheric force field be shutdown too or will the emergency power kick in instantly, keeping the atmosphere inside?  

Because we only have about 2 rounds.  Even if the fastest character (Zero) were to fly over, it would take a double move to get there.  Then one round to shut it down before being unceremoniously sucked out into space.   Confused  ]

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - H1-MK2 "MK" - 01-20-2020

[ooc: So I'm obviously kinda outta the loop of the planning process rn, but if Vitkyng specified it would cut power to every BUT the essentials and life support, which are presumably set up on either a secondary reactor or set up for instant switching, I would guess that the atmospheric shield would be kept inside. Just my $0.02. However, this is also an old station far beyond its prime lol. So who knows what's gonna happen.]

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 01-20-2020

(01-19-2020, 08:21 PM)Shunna Maza Wrote:
Quote:Callie is already working on cutting through the docking clamp with the shoto lightsaber.

[OoC: How far has she gotten through the docking clamp?  When the power shuts down, will the atmospheric force field be shutdown too or will the emergency power kick in instantly, keeping the atmosphere inside?  

Because we only have about 2 rounds.  Even if the fastest character (Zero) were to fly over, it would take a double move to get there.  Then one round to shut it down before being unceremoniously sucked out into space.   Confused  ]

The atmospheric shield should shut down with the power failure, but will probably restore when the enmergency life support kicks in.  The atmospheric shield will not stop the ship from travelling through.  Just like any scene in the movies/cartoons where one is present ships seem able to pass through without the shield being lowered.It is an exception to the normal particle shields.

Callie + the droids have done a LOT of damage to the docking clamp, you have no idea how much longer it willtake to cut through but it is well past halfway cut.

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 01-20-2020

(01-20-2020, 02:33 AM)H1-MK2 "MK Wrote: [ooc: So I'm obviously kinda outta the loop of the planning process rn, but if Vitkyng specified it would cut power to every BUT the essentials and life support, which are presumably set up on either a secondary reactor or set up for instant switching, I would guess that the atmospheric shield would be kept inside. Just my $0.02. However, this is also an old station far beyond its prime lol. So who knows what's gonna happen.]

Zero would know from hios working with the reactor computer.. emergency life support generators will automatically switch on in each individual section of the base.  Depending how well maintained each generator is it could be instant or up to a full minute.  One hopes this hangar/landing pad is somewhat in between.   The docking clamp would not be considered a life support need like the atmospheric shield would.