RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Sci-Fi Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=102)
+--- Forum: Stars Wars (WotC) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Forum: Episode 3.9: Before There Was Hope (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=86)
+---- Thread: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) (/showthread.php?tid=306)

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 01-03-2020

(01-03-2020, 12:33 AM)Shunna Maza Wrote: [OoC: Cool, that uncomplicates things!]

Mind Trick:
Mind Trick Wrote:Standard action:  Make a Use the Force check. If you equal or exceed the target's Will Defense, you make an otherwise unpalatable suggestion seem completely reasonable to the target. You must be able to communicate with the target, and the suggestion can't obviously threaten the target's life. The target won't realize later that what he did is unacceptable.

UTF: [1d20+15] = 9+15 = 24

Shunna looks through the thin window slit at the pilot and says loudly, "You will surrender by opening the door , giving up your weapon and go relax in the back of this imperial shuttle."

Shunna says to the people in the shuttle, "If he comes out, don't attack him!  He will mean us no harm."  

The pilot 's demeanor seems to change.. "If I surrender you will not harm me."
It is phrased as a statement rather than a question.  His blaster lowers. (not his turn yet)

(01-03-2020, 12:33 AM)Shunna Maza Wrote:
Sense Surroundings Wrote:Swift Action:  You can make a DC 15 Use the Force check to ignore the effects of Cover and Concealment when making Perception checks to detect or observe targets until the start of your next turn. Increase the DC by 5 if this ability is used against targets with Total Cover.  

Distance: For every 10 squares of distance between you and the target, you take a -5 penalty on your Perception check.  So if a Medium Creature is a DC5 to spot, I think Shunna should be able to see all Medium creatures out to about 70 SQUARES!!;Small=60 Squares; Large=80 squares;  Huge=90 squares.

UTF: [1d20+15] = 20+15 = 35; And I roll a 20!!!  So I made the DC20 check to see through total cover.   Big Grin

You forgot that it is per 5 above the initial DC 15 oer DC 20.. so with 35 that is 50 squares.. still more  than enough to reach the tunnel outside the control room and entry room.

vs regular cover (DC 15)vs total cover (DC 20)
Di10 squares1520
st20squares2025
an30 squares2530
ce40 squares3035
50 squares35

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 01-03-2020

Callie ignites the red shoto lightsaber and begins to cut the remaining docking clamp.

Callie - attack with shoto lightsaber [1d20+6] = 18+6 = 24; Damage [2d6+4] = 7+4 = 11

Ubi searches the body of the Stormtrooper at his feet. He comes up with a frag grenade and a stun grenade.

Not realizing that Shunna has seemingly solved the problem Njon hoots in frustration that he does not have the tools he needs [Zero speaks Talz so understands him].  He begins searching the storage lockers, hoping that the ship has a security kit stored somewhere.

The zabrak aims  at the guard in front of him and fires from point-blank range, somehow the guard gets out  of the way.
Zabrak: blaster pistol [1d20+6] = 6+6 = 12; Damage [3d8+4] = 16+4 = 20.

The astromech issues a different instruction to the computer rather than continuing the delaying tactic,, suddenly Zero sees an alert message.

~WARNING SAFETY OVERRIDE BYPASSED~
~SFS-204 sublight ion engine overload imminent~

[Image: IN6oTp2m.jpg]

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 01-04-2020

Round 11

Initiatives
20.0 Dez
19.04 Station Security A (Guards A-F)
18.08 Zero
16.04 Station Security B (Guards I-L)
15.14 Imperial Pilot
14.099 Shunna
14.098 Callie
14.097 Ubi
14.096 Njon
14.090 'the Zabrak'
14.02 Imperial astromech
8.03 aqualish tech

Dez again readies her attack if any more guards exit the doorway. she yells to the very wounded guard who has made it to the base of the landing platform. "You stay down or we're gonna blast you into a smudge!"

Guard A aims his blaster at the Zabrak. "Let him go and drop it!"
Guard D is out of sight of everyone , Shunna with her SUPER senses does not hear him moving from his spot, whatever he did he stayed in place.

Zero's turn

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - IT-O (Zero) - 01-05-2020

Use Computer: [1d20+10] = 17+10 = 27

Zero continues to try to keep the Astromech occupied by trying to undo all of its commands.  IT-0 was pretty good with computers but the re-chassised Medical Droid wasn't specialized in their use like an Astromech or Mechanic. It was an upgrade Zero may have to make when next it had time to review its experiences. Nevertheless the droid has so far been able to keep up with blocking the other astromech's commands, for now.  

To the ship's computer Zero states, "Stop the overload."

While issuing commands digitally to the ship, Zero verbally says to Njon in its primitive Talz language, "The pilot seems to have surrendered.  So ready yourself to act when the doors open to disconnect the Astromech's SCOMP from the ship."  Knowing that Talz can be very good with technology but not knowing if THIS Talz was, this conversation might quickly devolve into simply telling the Talz to just disconnect the Astromech's penis looking thingy from the ship's hole looking thingy.

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 01-05-2020

(01-05-2020, 06:51 AM)IT-O (Zero) Wrote: Use Computer: [1d20+10] = 17+10 = 27

Zero continues to try to keep the Astromech occupied by trying to undo all of its commands.  IT-0 was pretty good with computers but the re-chassised Medical Droid wasn't specialized in their use like an Astromech or Mechanic. It was an upgrade Zero may have to make when next it had time to review its experiences. Nevertheless the droid has so far been able to keep up with blocking the other astromech's commands, for now.  

To the ship's computer Zero states, "Stop the overload."

While issuing commands digitally to the ship, Zero verbally says to Njon in its primitive Talz language, "The pilot seems to have surrendered.  So ready yourself to act when the doors open to disconnect the Astromech's SCOMP from the ship."  Knowing that Talz can be very good with technology but not knowing if THIS Talz was, this conversation might quickly devolve into simply telling the Talz to just disconnect the Astromech's penis looking thingy from the ship's hole looking thingy.

~Safety Overrides Turned On - Engine cooldown  in process~

Njon hoots, "On it"

Round 11

Initiatives

20.0 Dez
19.04 Station Security A (Guards A-F)
18.08 Zero

16.04 Station Security B (Guards I-L)
15.14 Imperial Pilot
14.099 Shunna
14.098 Callie
14.097 Ubi
14.096 Njon
14.090 'the Zabrak'
14.02 Imperial astromech
8.03 aqualish tech

Shunna make a Perception check

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Shunna Maza - 01-05-2020

[OoC: Shunna will just take 10 on her perception check which gives her a 20.]

From Perception:
Special: You can Take 10 or Take 20 when making a Perception check. Taking 20 means you spend 2 minutes attempting to notice something that may or may not be there.

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 01-06-2020

You cannot choose to take 10 here as that is something you would do when actually searching, thi Perception check is special.

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Shunna Maza - 01-06-2020

[OoC: Ok, but I was searching and rolled a 35 and I don't remember reading that you can't take 10 on Perception as a reaction. 

But, anywhoo...]

perception: [1d20+10] = 2+10 = 12Dodgy

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 01-06-2020

This one is just to get details of something that you detect due to your 35.

Suddenly Shunna's head snaps up, someone has just walked into the area she is sensing with the Force. Not just one person, but at least a dozen and a half just started walking up the short stairs from the tunnel into the landing facility. They are moving tactically and she feels hat they are armed.. more guards.

Guards I, K, and L go.
Guard I treats his woulds with his medpac, while Guards K and L aim and fire at Dez. Guard L's shot strikes Dez in the shoulder, severely injuring her, but she seems to shrug off the pain [ouch  15 damage]

Guard K attack Heavy Pistol [1d20+6] = 3+6 = 9; Damage [3d8] = 16
Guard L attack Heavy Pistol [1d20+6] = 19+6 = 25; Damage [3d8] = 15

@Shunna's turn

[Image: xCdg1SAm.jpg]

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Shunna Maza - 01-06-2020

[OoC: What about the Imperial Pilot.  He goes one step before I do.]