RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Sci-Fi Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=102)
+--- Forum: Stars Wars (WotC) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Forum: Episode 3.9: Before There Was Hope (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=86)
+---- Thread: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) (/showthread.php?tid=306)

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - IT-O (Zero) - 10-04-2019

[OoC:  Since no one is firing at Zero or even watching him, Zero will try to take 10 on its Stealth check.  Result would be DC18.  If the droid can't take 10 then his result would be...

Stealth: [1d20+8] = 6+8 = 14 ;  Dodgy  ]

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 10-04-2019

Unfortunately  not being immediately fired on does not equal  not under stress

Quote:Taking 10 
When you're not in a rush and not being threatened or distracted, you may choose to Take 10. Instead of rolling 1d20 for the Skill Check, calculate your result as if you had rolled a 10 (An average roll on a d20). For many relatively routine tasks, Taking 10 results in success.

Distractions, threats, and danger make it impossible for a character to Take 10. You also can't Take 10 when using a Skill Untrained, though the GM may allow exceptions for truly routine activities.

Zero zips up the ramp into the ship and finds himself facing the hold of the vessel, which is currently set up with rows of benches as a troop transport.  As you spin you see down the passage to the command cockpit. with seating for 6 (One pilot, one co-pilot, one navigator, one gunner, one comms operator, one engineer)..

In the crew area there is an imperial pilot, and an astromech. Both looking directly at you.

"Hey you! Droid!  Get off my ship!"

Zero you have used a single move action to get here, having fallen for most of the movement distance.

[Image: VJS4mscm.jpg]

Round Seven

Initiatives
23.07 KX-Series Security Droids
19.04 Station Security A (Guards A-F)
18.08 Zero
16.04 Station Security B (Guards I-L)
15.14 Imperial Pilot
14.099 Shunna
14.098 Callie
14.097 Ubi
14.096 Njon
14.091 Dez
14.090 'the Zabrak'
14.02 Imperial astromech
8.03 aqualish tech

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - IT-O (Zero) - 10-06-2019

[OoC: How close is Zero to the Imperial Pilot?  If I'm not in range of any guns from the droids outside, Zero will use deception.  If he could still be hit by guns, Zero will fly inside the ship.  Excusing himself as he does as he doesn't want to get shot which I'm sure the pilot could understand.   He will end his movement 5' away from the pilot.]

Deception: [1d20+7] = 2+7 = 9  Rolleyes

If Zero can't be shot, he vocabulates, "The Imperial Officer leading this mission has asked me to join you... to wherever you're going... you know... out in space... somewhere..."

[OoC2:  I think I'm just going to start taking the Noble Talent called, Exceptional Skill, cuz I'm getting tired of failing when a good roll is really needed.  Angry  ]

Quote:Exceptional Skill:
Prerequisite: Trained in chosen Skill

When you select this Talent, choose one Skill. Whenever you roll a Skill Check with that Skill, a result of 2-7 on the die is always treated as though you had rolled an 8. you can select this Talent multiple times. Each time you do so, you must choose a different Skill to gain the benefits of this Talent.

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 10-06-2019

(10-06-2019, 04:47 AM)IT-O (Zero) Wrote: [OoC: How close is Zero to the Imperial Pilot?  If I'm not in range of any guns from the droids outside, Zero will use deception.  If he could still be hit by guns, Zero will fly inside the ship.  Excusing himself as he does as he doesn't want to get shot which I'm sure the pilot could understand.   He will end his movement 5' away from the pilot.]

Deception: [1d20+7] = 2+7 = 9  Rolleyes

If Zero can't be shot, he vocabulates, "The Imperial Officer leading this mission has asked me to join you... to wherever you're going... you know... out in space... somewhere..."

[OoC2:  I think I'm just going to start taking the Noble Talent called, Exceptional Skill, cuz I'm getting tired of failing when a good roll is really needed.  Angry  ]

Quote:Exceptional Skill:
Prerequisite: Trained in chosen Skill

When you select this Talent, choose one Skill. Whenever you roll a Skill Check with that Skill, a result of 2-7 on the die is always treated as though you had rolled an 8. you can select this Talent multiple times. Each time you do so, you must choose a different Skill to gain the benefits of this Talent.

You are already inside the ship, having completed your first move acton, bringing you to the top of the ramp [see the map].

You are still 2 squares  away from the pilot, one square away from the astromech. You can move the 10' or try to use Deception, but not both, a Deception requires an action even for rushed.

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - IT-O (Zero) - 10-06-2019

[OoC: Since Zero is flying, not walking, he doesn't have to walk up the ramp to get into the ship.  It would make more sense that Zero would float upward at a 90 degree angle into the ship at O-56 which would place him within 10' of both the pilot and droid.  ]

[OoC: Since I don't need to avoid gunfire, then I guess I would use Deception and fail at it by about 1 point unless the Pilot is mentally deficient in some way.]

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - IT-O (Zero) - 10-29-2019

[OoC: I reread your last message and I just notice that you said that I would have to do a RUSHED persuasion check.  I'm not sure if you're even allowed a RUSHED persuasion in Star Wars Saga.  And even if you made is a house rule, it would give me a big penalty.  So maybe Zero will move to M-57 to get cover from any possible gunfire before deciding to make the persuasion check.  Also, is there a link somewhere inside the ship, not in the cockpit, where Zero could connect to the ship to talk to it?  R2 was able to talk the Falcon outside the cockpit.

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 11-02-2019

Round Seven

Initiatives
23.07 KX-Series Security Droids
19.04 Station Security A (Guards A-F)
18.08 Zero
16.04 Station Security B (Guards I-L)
15.14 Imperial Pilot
14.099 Shunna
14.098 Callie
14.097 Ubi
14.096 Njon
14.091 Dez
14.090 'the Zabrak'
14.02 Imperial astromech
8.03 aqualish tech

...sorry for the delay...

Zero flies straight up into the ship then moves to M57.  There is a link connection  in M55 and M57 each, used to work the elevator to the storage compartments below.

Guards I-L AIM and fire at the droid manning the repeating blaster.  They all miss wildly.
Guard I attack Heavy Pistol [1d20+6] = 3+6 = 9; Damage [3d8] = 15 
Guard J attack Heavy Pistol [1d20+6] = 4+6 = 10; Damage [3d8] = 10 
Guard K attack Heavy Pistol [1d20+6] = 8+6 = 14; Damage [3d8] = 14 
Guard L attack Heavy Pistol [1d20+6] = 4+6 = 10; Damage [3d8] = 14 

The Imperial officer barks an order to his droid. "4-YP, lock that blasted thing out of the ships systems!" 

Then he draws a blaster and fires at Zero.
Imperial shuttle pilot [1d20+6] = 16+6 = 22; Damage [3d6+1] = 8+1 = 9
- just barely hits with the -5 for Cover.. 9  Damage

Shunna, Callie, Ubi, Dez, and the Zabrak all go next
"

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - IT-O (Zero) - 11-14-2019

Zero states, "I am sorry you done not believe me but I will not allow your stubbornness to disrupt my humanitarian mission..." <Pew! Pew!>  "To save lives!"

Zero aims (to negate any cover bonuses) and fires his heavy blaster to do stun damage.  

Quote:Attack: [1d20+3] = 15+3 = 18, Damage: [3d8+2] = 15+2 = 17; I forgot to add the Point-blank shot Feat into my stats.  

So the roll should be: Attack 15+4=19, Damage: 15 +2 (lvl) +1 (Pbs) = 18

If the attack hits, see Devastating Attack:
Quote:Devastating Attack:
Choose a single exotic weapon or weapon group with which you are proficient. Whenever you make a successful attack against a target using such a weapon, you treat your target’s damage threshold as if it were 5 points lower when determining the result of your attack.

Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 11-14-2019

It is not Zeros turn he already acted this round. It is Shunna's turn

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Shunna Maza - 11-14-2019

[OoC: Oops, my bad. Blush ]

Shunna dashes toward the droids.  When she's within range (F-48) she subtly gestures toward the closest droid (K-50).

Quote:UTF: [1d20+15] = 8+15 = 23
Result: If your Use the Force check equals or exceeds the target’s Fortitude Defense, the target takes 4d6 points of damage and can only take a single Swift Action on their next turn. Otherwise, the target takes half damage and may act normally, and you may not maintain the power. Targets larger than Medium add a size modifier to Fortitude Defense against this Force Power: Colossal +50, Gargantuan +20, Huge +10, Large +5.

Force Grip Damage: [4d6] = 18; I think I can add +2 damage from my level for a total of 20 damage.  (The half-level bonus for damage only applies to weapons) If that isn't enough damage to destroy the droid, she will maintain the hold.