RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Sci-Fi Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=102)
+--- Forum: Stars Wars (WotC) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Forum: Episode 3.9: Before There Was Hope (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=86)
+---- Thread: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) (/showthread.php?tid=306)

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Shunna Maza - 08-28-2019

With blinding speed, Shunna runs toward the pit and launches herself over the hole and lands on the other side.

[Use the Force: [1d20+15] = 4+15 = 19; Move increases from 6 squares to 10 Squares; C-44 is exactly 10-squares]

[Free Action: Surge!; Errata states this is to be a free action NOT a swift action.]

Quote:Surge: [Free Action]
Result 19:  You gain a +20 Force bonus on Jump checks and your speed increases by 4 squares until the start of your next turn. The Force bonus on Jump checks includes the adjustment for increased speed.

Move Action: Long jump with a 5-Square running start; I can take 10 as per Jump; I have a 5-Square running start to jump 3 meters (2 squares) so it's a DC 9 (It actually uses the distance I'm jumping as an example); Result equals: Take 10 + 2 jump + 20 Surge = 32]

[OoC: I believe it's DC 22.5 (Round up 23) to land right at C-44.  

A-41 = 1.5 meters + A-42 = 1.5 meters; B-43 = 1.5 meters; C-44 = 3 meters; Total Distance 7.5 Meters; DC Total (7.5 x DC 3 = 22.5)]

Then while using the corner (@C-44) for cover (Reflex Defense+5) she shoots at the Droid, missing terribly.

[Standard Action: Attack: [1d20+5] = 4+5 = 9, Damage: [3d8+2] = 10+2 = 12]

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Dez Synn - 08-31-2019

Dez descends further down the stairs to the corner [A38 where she will have cover from the corner], takes aim at the droid manning the cannon and fires, miaaig wide
Heavy Blaster Pistol - point blank [1d20+7] = 9+7 = 16; Damage [3d8+5] = 13+5 = 18

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 09-02-2019

Callie hurries down the stairs, reaching C33.

Ubi moves forward to the top of the stairs, takes aim with one of his two pistols and fires at the nearest security droid [in K50] and misses .

Captain Sunt: blaster pistol point blank [1d20+8] = 4+8 = 12; Damage [3d6+3] = 12+3 = 15

Njon follows Dez and Shunna, past Dez and tries racing across the open hangar, reaching E40.

The zabrak forces the aqualish to cross the lobby, only getting halfway.

The docking gun turns it's sights on Njon, missing him with a blaster bolt.
Shuttle docking gun (Heavy blaster rifle) [1d20+6] = 10+6 = 16; Damage [3d10] = 16

[Image: sftpOEMm.jpg]

Round Six

Initiatives
23.07 KX-Series Security Droids
19.04 Station Security A (Guards A-F)
18.08 Zero
16.04 Station Security B (Guards I-L)
14.099 Shunna
14.098 Callie
14.097 Ubi
14.096 Njon
14.091 Dez
14.090 'the Zabrak'
14.02 Lambda Shuttle Docking Gun
8.03 aqualish tech

The droid manning the repeating blaster also turns it's barrel towards Njon and fires, filling the area aroun Njon with blaster bolts, Njon attempts to dodge quite nimbly, but nevertheless takes a hit to the shoulder

[KX Series droid A: repeating blaster braced autofire [1d20-1] = 19-1 = 18; Damage [3d10] = 13 - Njon takes 6 damage]

The other two droids continue to rain fire down on the locking clamp, 

Guards A and D concentrate their fire on the droid manning the repeating blaster, hoping to drop it so that Shunna,and Njon do not get cut down.

@Zero's turn

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - IT-O (Zero) - 09-11-2019

[OoC: Sorry I haven't posted.  I've worked 100 hours this pay so when I had time to post I posted to the more active game.]

[OoC2: Can Zero fly (running) all the way to L-57 so he will be on the roof of the ship, using it's highest point as full cover against the droids on the ground?  It would be kind of like hiding on the other side of the roof on the house.]

[OoC3: Looking back, you posted...

Quote:The shuttle is obviously fully powered up and ready to go, but is prevented from departing y the bubble of a force field overhead.

Does this force field completely surround the ship?  Or is it just overhead of the ship, allowing Zero to fly between them?  If he can't fly between them to use the shuttle roof for cover, can Zero fly above the force field to use it as temporary cover?]

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 09-12-2019

(09-11-2019, 04:25 AM)IT-O (Zero) Wrote: [OoC: Sorry I haven't posted.  I've worked 100 hours this pay so when I had time to post I posted to the more active game.]

[OoC2: Can Zero fly (running) all the way to L-57 so he will be on the roof of the ship, using it's highest point as full cover against the droids on the ground?  It would be kind of like hiding on the other side of the roof on the house.]

[OoC3: Looking back, you posted...

Quote:The shuttle is obviously fully powered up and ready to go, but is prevented from departing y the bubble of a force field overhead.

Does this force field completely surround the ship?  Or is it just overhead of the ship, allowing Zero to fly between them?  If he can't fly between them to use the shuttle roof for cover, can Zero fly above the force field to use it as temporary cover?]

Do you fly up and over the main stabilizer or around it?  There is space for up and over.  But yu have enough movement to do either.
The bubble is well overhead, a good 5 meters (15') at it's rim, above the high vertical stabilizer of the shuttle.  Remember this is a lambda shuttle, so the vertical stabilizer and S-foils (wings) are quite high.
The bubble is a flattened dome 22 squares (33meters) in diameter, so at it's center is 13 meters above the highest point of the lambda's vertical stabilizer  

[Image: YuPWgvjm.jpg]

[Image: cie1J58m.jpg]

At that location, Zero is out of reach of both the droids and the docking gun, and out of sight of everyone else for hat matter.

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - IT-O (Zero) - 09-12-2019

Zero would do which ever is safest for him.  If it's more likely he will get shot by the docking gun by going over then he will go around and vise-versa. I first thought he would fly over but I didn't realize the main stabilizer was so tall.  Before Zero departs, the droid will vocalize to Ubi, "You do not know me but I feel I should remind you that your group is putting a fair distance between you and the Zabrak.  If we need to make a hasty exit he may be left behind."

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Shunna Maza - 09-19-2019

Shunna watches as the droid flies overhead and hides behind the ship's dorsal stabilizer.  "Damn, I wonder if the force can let me fly..."

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 09-22-2019

Round Six (cont)

Initiatives
23.07 KX-Series Security Droids
19.04 Station Security A (Guards A-F)
18.08 Zero
16.04 Station Security B (Guards I-L)
14.099 Shunna
14.098 Callie
14.097 Ubi
14.096 Njon
14.091 Dez
14.090 'the Zabrak'
14.02 Lambda Shuttle Docking Gun
8.03 aqualish tech

The guards on the right side of the control room rain fires down on the droid manning the repeating blaster, hoping perhaps to give Shunna cover to rech the shuttle. Due to the cover the droid has , they all miss the difficult shot.

Guard J attack Heavy Pistol [1d20+6] = 17+6 = 23; Damage [3d8] = 13
Guard K attack Heavy Pistol [1d20+6] = 6+6 = 12; Damage [3d8] = 16
Guard L attack Heavy Pistol [1d20+6] = 8+6 = 14; Damage [3d8] = 17

Shunna's turn

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Shunna Maza - 09-22-2019

[OoC: What kind of Droids are these?  Can we make a skill roll to find out? ]

Shunna peeks around the corner and locks her gaze upon the closest droid.  Then she reaches out with the force and attempts to seize and throw the droid into the droid manning the repeating blaster.

[Move Object: Range 12 squares; Move anywhere within 6 squares of the target; Use The Force roll must exceed target's WILL defense (so no cover bonuses  Tongue ]

Targeting Droid at H-51 who is 10 Squares away Shunna.
Droid manning repeating blaster is 6 squares away from the target.

Use the Force: [1d20+15] = 14+15 = 29; I'm going to assume a 29 will exceed a droid's will defense.   Cool
Effect: Can move object up to Huge size (Deals 6d6 points of damage). Move Object Damage: [6d6] = 21; Exactly average damage.  Rolleyes

Range attack to hit other droid: [1d20+5] = 9+5 = 14; Even assuming the second Droid gets no Cover bonus (because they are both behind the barrier) I'm guessing a 14 misses against his Reflex defense.   Confused  ]

[OoC2:  And I just found this out...]

Quote:Aim:
2 Swift Actions

You can take two consecutive Swift Actions in the same Round to more carefully line up a Ranged Attack. When you do so, you ignore all Cover bonuses to your target's Reflex Defense on your next Attack. You still must have line of sight to the target, however.

Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 09-22-2019

These are KX series security droids. They are common enough in any Imperial occupied facility that they are common knowledge

https://images.app.goo.gl/ShQDttSpoJFdWi7X7

The droid manning the repeating blaster deflects his flying ally easily. But the droid you flung lands in a wrecked heap of droid parts.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk