RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Sci-Fi Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=102)
+--- Forum: Stars Wars (WotC) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Forum: Episode 3.9: Before There Was Hope (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=86)
+---- Thread: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) (/showthread.php?tid=306)

Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 06-07-2019

@Zero?

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 06-22-2019

Zero? your turn

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - IT-O (Zero) - 06-23-2019

[OoC:  Sorry.  I've had a chaotic shift rotation and First Aid/CPR training to complete.  I'm happy to say I'm certified for another 3 years.  I didn't think there was any rush since you've been busy so there hasn't been any in game posts in Anova for a couple of weeks.  But I will hopefully post something today. ]

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - IT-O (Zero) - 06-24-2019

[OoC: As usual, my best laid plans always seem to fall through.  Oh well, better a day late than never at all.  ]

[OoC: How long does it take for Shunna and Callie to get into their disguises?]

Zero replies to Shunna, "Yes we could wait but we have only three and a half minutes left to get on that ship.  Perhaps a better option would be for you and Callie to join the fight to eliminate the Storm troopers.  (Is Dez wearing a disguise too?  If yes then she can join too.  Zero should be able to join too since the droid should be well known because he's everyone's doctor.)  Then we can take the guards on this side by surprise because they won't be expecting people who fought with them to suddenly stun them."

[Zero will check the body Dez brings to him and checks its status.  Zero will attempt to stabilize but not awaken the guard.]

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 06-25-2019

(06-24-2019, 04:49 PM)IT-O (Zero) Wrote: [OoC: How long does it take for Shunna and Callie to get into their disguises?]

There are no Saga edition rules for donning armour. These are Combat jumpsuits, which are light armour. I will revert to standard d20 3.5 rules as a house-rule solution. Light armour is 1 minute to don / 5 rounds to don hastily. Hastily donned armor will give 1 worse Skill check penalty and  Reflex Defense bonus than normal. The time can be shortened with help, which the talz is providing. If the character has some help, cut this time in half. A single character doing nothing else can help one or two adjacent characters.
Two characters can't help each other don armor at the same time.

So with the talz helping both of them it will take 3 rounds to don hastily, 5 rounds to don fully. Shunna has already started, but Callie has to wait as Dez has not yet been able to drag the second guard clear of the hallway.  So the group has not been able to strip him of his combat jumpsuit to give to Callie.

(06-24-2019, 04:49 PM)IT-O (Zero) Wrote: Zero replies to Shunna, "Yes we could wait but we have only three and a half minutes left to get on that ship.  Perhaps a better option would be for you and Callie to join the fight to eliminate the Storm troopers.  (Is Dez wearing a disguise too?  If yes then she can join too.  Zero should be able to join too since the droid should be well known because he's everyone's doctor.)  Then we can take the guards on this side by surprise because they won't be expecting people who fought with them to suddenly stun them."

Dez has been wearing one of the guards uniforms since the two of you left the medbay, it was what allowed you past the guards the first time.

(06-24-2019, 04:49 PM)IT-O (Zero) Wrote: [Zero will check the body Dez brings to him and checks its status.  Zero will attempt to stabilize but not awaken the guard.]

Zero will have to move into the hallway to do so, Dez is still 3 meters (two squares) short of clearing the hallway. When he does he is easuly able to stabilize the guard [take 10].

Round Three (cont.)

[Image: Aj1WCJtm.jpg]

Initiatives
23.07 KX-Series Security Droids
23.041 Station Security C (Guards G+H)
23.04 imp. StormTroopers
19.04 Station Security A (Guards A-F)
18.08 Zero
16.04 Station Security B (Guards I-L)
14.099 Shunna
14.098 Callie
14.097 Ubi
14.096 Njon
14.091 Dez
14.090 'the Zabrak'
14.02 Lambda Shuttle Docking Gun
8.03 aqualish tech

The next four guards all open fire, concentrating their fire on the last visible stormtrooper, two bolts blasting into his torso and dropping him.

A general cheer goes through the guards comms as they now face only the three combat droids, and whomever is inside the ship controlling the docking gun.

Shunna, Callie, Njon, Dez and the Zabrak all go next.

Njon (the talz) is helping Shunna don the guards combat jumpsuit. Callie will move over to join the group.

Ubi will get ready (delay action) with his four arms to grab the guard Dez is dragging, and start stripping him of his gear the moment the guard is dragged into reach.

The zabrak grumbles, still holding watch over the aqualish.

Shunna.. still donning? Hastily or fully?

Dez, still dragging the fallen guard?

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Shunna Maza - 07-02-2019

[OoC: I just noticed a problem.  Shunna does not have Light armor proficiency.  That means she would get a -2 to a bunch of skills AND -2 to attack rolls!  At 4th level that's pretty harsh.  So she may have to rethink this plan, at least for herself.  The aliens without a human shape will obviously have problems too.  Zero on the other hand has both light and medium armor proficiency.  Cool  ]

Shunna is unable to make heads or tails of the jumpsuit.  It seems easy enough to put on but she realizes there's more to wearing armor than just zipping it up.  "I don't think this is going to work for me," she says exasperatedly.  "The armor is just going to get in the way!"

[While the guards are distracted, can Shunna make a double move to get behind the console at I-26 so she has cover?]

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 07-02-2019

(07-02-2019, 05:24 PM)Shunna Maza Wrote: [OoC: I just noticed a problem.  Shunna does not have Light armor proficiency.  That means she would get a -2 to a bunch of skills AND -2 to attack rolls!  At 4th level that's pretty harsh.  So she may have to rethink this plan, at least for herself.  The aliens without a human shape will obviously have problems too.  Zero on the other hand has both light and medium armor proficiency.  Cool  ]

Shunna is unable to make heads or tails of the jumpsuit.  It seems easy enough to put on but she realizes there's more to wearing armor than just zipping it up.  "I don't think this is going to work for me," she says exasperatedly.  "The armor is just going to get in the way!"

[While the guards are distracted, can Shunna make a double move to get behind the console at I-26 so she has cover?]
That's a Stealth. Their distraction just makes it easier /lower DC

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Shunna Maza - 07-12-2019

stealth: [1d20+9] = 5+9 = 14 ]

Shunna attempts to scurry over to the console.

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 07-15-2019

Shunna scurries as fast as she can just reaching the console [I-26 with 12 squares movement]

[Stealth plus dbl move for 12 squares movement = -10 Stealth penalty= DC4 to be spotted; 8 squares distant to 4 of 6 guards, > 10 squares to the other two; +2  for cover; +5 to the DC due to Horrible conditions (borrowed the horrible condition mod from Pathfinder) = DC11 for four guards and DC16 for two]

Njon delays, unsure what to do now that Shunna has abandoned the disguise option.

As if they were praying for reinforcements, with the exception of just one guard [Guard K] all the guards seem to be looking Shunn's way when she runs into the room. The Force was not with her, or perhaps it was because not one of them shoots her.

Guard A yells  "What the chubba?! Who the drek are you?!"
Guard K is the last one to notice, but the first to clue in. [Nat 20] "It's those farking escapees!! They've got us in a crossfire!"

Hearing the shout and knowing that the ruse has been wrecked Njon decides to reinforce Shunna and runs to her side at the console.  [Double move reaches I-24]

Callie swears as she attempts to done the armour cast aside by Shunna. She looks at Ubi. "Oh drek!  Help me get this on before those reinforcements get here, perhaps Dez and I can confuse them long enough for you guys to take the shuttle over."

Dez drops the guard right where she is and runs fter Shunna drawing her heavy blaster pistol. "Get back here slaves!" she yells, hoping that combined with her guard outfit will bewilder the guards a t least a little.

[move action then standard action Deception - Dez: Deception +4 [1d20+4] = 8+4 = 12]

Deception
Deceptive Appearance Edit
When you produce a deceptive appearance, such as disguising your appearance or producing forged documents, make a Deception check opposed by the Perception check of any target that sees the deception. If you succeed, that character believes that the appearance is authentic. If you fail, that target detects the deception.

Creating a deceptive appearance requires at least 1 minute (10 rounds) for simple deceptions, 10 minutes for moderate deceptions, 1 hour for difficult deceptions, 1 day for incredible deceptions, or 2 weeks (10 days) for outrageous deceptions.

You can rush and create the deception in less than time (Treating it as if it were one step easier, to a minimum of simple), but you take a -10 penalty on your Deception check. In all cases, make a single Deception check at the time you create the deceptive appearance and compare your check result to the Perception check of any character who encounters it.

Deceptive information Edit
When you communicate deceptive information, such as telling a lie or distorting facts to lead the target to a false conclusion, make a Deception check against the Will Defense of any target that can understand you. If you succeed, the target believes that what you're telling them is true. While most cases of deceptive information are either verbal or written (Requires the target to understand you), you can deceive with gestures, body language, facial expressions, and so forth.

Communicating deceptive information requires at least a Standard Action for simple deceptions, a Full-Round Action for moderate deceptions, and 1 minute (10 rounds) or even more for difficult, incredible, or outrageous deceptions.

You can rush and communicate your deception in less time (Treating as if it were one step easier, to a minimum of simple), but you take a -10 penalty on your Deception check. If your deceptive information is written, recorded, or otherwise preserved for later viewing, your original Deception check result is compared to the Will Defense of all targets who later read or observe your deception.

In some cases, you convey both a Deceptive Appearance and Deceptive Information. For example, if you created a falsified document (Such as an official report, a letter from a senator, or orders from a military commander), you have to produce something that looks authentic (Deceptive Appearance) while also creating believable content (Deceptive Information). In this case, make a single Deception check and compare it to both the target's Perception check and Will Defense. Similarly, you might disguise yourself as an Imperial general (Deceptive Appearance) and then give false orders to a Stormtrooper (Deceptive Information). In this example, you make a Deception check ahead of time to create the disguise and another Deception check at the time you give the Stormtrooper his new orders.

Difficult  -5   A difficult deception is a little hard to believe, puts the target at some kind or risk, or undergoes scrutiny. Examples include convincing a group of thugs that you're willing and able to beat them in a cantina fight, forging starship transponder codes, impersonating an officer well enough to give troops orders, and creating false official documents good enough to pass electronic screening.

The guards just look at her, only slightly bewildered.  "Ain't you the dancer from the cantina?  The sexy one with the arm?"

The group hears the sound of blaster fire from the direction of he zabrak.

Then the dreaded docking gun opens fire again, but again misses.

[Image: X10iTrFm.jpg]

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 07-15-2019

Initiatives
23.07 KX-Series Security Droids
23.041 Station Security C (Guards G+H)
23.04 imp. StormTroopers
19.04 Station Security A (Guards A-F)
18.08 Zero
16.04 Station Security B (Guards I-L)
14.099 Shunna
14.098 Callie
14.097 Ubi
14.096 Njon
14.091 Dez
14.090 'the Zabrak'
14.02 Lambda Shuttle Docking Gun
8.03 aqualish tech

Round Four

In unison the droids abruptly turn ands start focusing their fire on the nearest of the two docking clamps holding the ship in place, with only minor effect.

Guards G+H reappear, moving in a defensive crouch as they fire at the nearest droid, while they attempt to advance across the open space between the control room and the raised landing platform. Neither of them manage to hit anything with their blaster fire, focused as they are on being defensive.

Guard A ducks down out of sight  of th droids and turns to face Shunna, Njon, and Dez.  

"Don't!! STOP!  We are in this together!  if that shuttle gets off base and calls for support they will wipe us off this rock with bombardment. We all die!"

@IT-O (Zero)s turn!

[Image: VdlxCcSm.jpg]