RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Sci-Fi Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=102)
+--- Forum: Stars Wars (WotC) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Forum: Episode 3.9: Before There Was Hope (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=86)
+---- Thread: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) (/showthread.php?tid=306)

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 11-27-2018

(11-27-2018, 04:37 PM)IT-O (Zero) Wrote: [OoC:  How close is the group to the ship?  How long does the ship require to start up?  How many guards are there between here and the ship?  These are some things that I think you should assume Zero knows that me, the player, doesn't know.  It's difficult to formulate a plan when Zero's player doesn't have any knowledge of what lay head but Zero may know quite a bit of what to expect.] 

Zero quickly explains the situation to the others then adds...

"I recommend a timed shutdown as it is the safest option.  It's against my programming to bring physical lasting harm to the individuals who reside in this base."
Zero does not know anything about the workings of the Imperial craft that brought Kratos & the stormtroopers. He knows that the private landing bay where it must be is about 400 meters down the tunnels beyond the doors where the group is standing looking at the datapad.

Zero would only guess that normally the control room of the landing pad might have two or three technicians ond only one guard. But both Dez and Zero know that the Rock Station security forces are currently engaging the Imperial forces for who knows what provocation. That is where the guards that left Dez were heading. There could be a few dozen, but Zero doubts it, because too many guards are tied up with the main docking facility explosions and depressurization and miner revolt

Shunna, Ubi and the others know from the stormtrooper's comm-helmut that the ship is fired up and ready to go. They are just waiting for the escaping stormtroopers for perhaps another minute or two more. If they can hold out.

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 11-28-2018

(11-04-2018, 05:47 AM)Dez Synn Wrote:
(11-04-2018, 05:45 AM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: "What are we waiting on, we need to catch whatever ship the Imps have before it leaves." the zabrak snarls.

"Is there anything useful in this?" Dez hands the datapad to the zabrak.

The zabrak takes the datapad from Dez. Looks at it, looks at the aqualish, raises his gun and shoots the wall next to the aqualish's head.

"Unlock the frekking datapad for the nice lady, or the next shot won't miss." And hands the datapad to the aqualish. "Now!"

"That work?"
, he says to Dez.

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 11-28-2018

The aqualish quickly fumbles his unlock command into the data pad, it is now considered Friendly

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - IT-O (Zero) - 12-11-2018

[OoC: I'm still not sure what to do so... ]

Zero will quickly explain the facts...  [pretty much everything the DM stated Zero knew about the pathway from the room they currently are in to the room where the ship is located]  then says, "How much time do you think we will need?  Somewhere between 5 and 10 minutes?"

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Shunna Maza - 12-11-2018

[OoC:  Unless my calculations are wrong.

400m = 267 squares (266.66666 etc squares)
If the average move is 6 squares that's 45 rounds (44.5). (If we are double moving that would be about 22 rounds.)

Assuming single moves, that would be 4.5 minutes to move the 400m.

So perhaps doubling that (9minutes) would a sufficient amount of time to escape.  That would give us some room if we are attacked or run into any difficulties.  If we assume double moves then perhaps 5 minutes should be enough.  

Also, Zero moves quiet a bit faster and should be able to avoid encounters if he says that he is prepping the leader's ship for him.

Suggestions?  comments? ]

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 12-11-2018

[Your movement calculations are correct. BUT you have one thing misunderstood.. WHAT leaders ship?? This tunnel leads to the secret docking facility where apparently the Imperials were allowed to dock. As far as is known (since it is not on any station schematic or docking manifest available to Zero) the Imperial craft is the only craft docked there. It is NOT Holon Viel's ship.. if Holon (the mayor/owner of this station) has a ship it is currently docked at the main station landing facility (which apparently is still depressurized and open to vacuum thanks to some droid named Long that Ubi and Dez keep trying to contact). Holon's station guards are currently ATTACKING the imperial shuttle trying to prevent it leaving (you can hear both sides of that conflict in teh Stormtrooper and station guards helmet comms.) ]

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Shunna Maza - 12-11-2018

[OoC:  This whole time I thought we were going to his private ship. So now I really am lost.   Undecided  Without knowing the current situation in the secret docking facility it would be impossible to decide upon a time to shutdown the power in the base.  

You stated earlier...

Quote:Shunna, Ubi and the others know from the stormtrooper's comm-helmut that the ship is fired up and ready to go. They are just waiting for the escaping stormtroopers for perhaps another minute or two more. If they can hold out.

So even if we ran double moves it would take over 2 minutes to get to the secret docking facility.  And that's if everyone has at least a 6 move speed.  

Does Zero know if it's a straight line from here to the docking facility?  If it is then we can run and get there in 1 minute as long as there is no one to stop us.

BTW: I'm not sure if all of Shunna's powers have returned because they only do so when the encounter is over.  If the encounter is still considered ongoing, she will be returning her powers by using the Feat: Force Focus.  She has only used 2 powers so she will only need 2 full round actions to get them back. ]

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 12-11-2018

(12-11-2018, 07:39 AM)Shunna Maza Wrote: [OoC:  This whole time I thought we were going to his private ship. So now I really am lost.   Undecided  Without knowing the current situation in the secret docking facility it would be impossible to decide upon a time to shutdown the power in the base.  

You stated earlier...

Quote:Shunna, Ubi and the others know from the stormtrooper's comm-helmut that the ship is fired up and ready to go. They are just waiting for the escaping stormtroopers for perhaps another minute or two more. If they can hold out.

So even if we ran double moves it would take over 2 minutes to get to the secret docking facility.  And that's if everyone has at least a 6 move speed.  

Does Zero know if it's a straight line from here to the docking facility?  If it is then we can run and get there in 1 minute as long as there is no one to stop us.

BTW: I'm not sure if all of Shunna's powers have returned because they only do so when the encounter is over.  If the encounter is still considered ongoing, she will be returning her powers by using the Feat: Force Focus.  She has only used 2 powers so she will only need 2 full round actions to get them back. ]
Encounter is over but I am tracking time in rounds for obvious reasons.. Zero knows that there are two short flights of stairs then yes, a straight tunnel for most of the way. 390 meters of the 400. Yes the Imperials are ready to go and just trying to hold out for a few moments hoping to allow other Stormtroopers to escape

Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 12-11-2018

The zabrak hands Dez the now friendly datapad.

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - IT-O (Zero) - 12-11-2018

[OoC: Well having no clue what to do next, I guess I'm just going to have to hope it doesn't get us all killed.]

Since no one will likely have any additional information to add, Zero looks at control panel and sets the timer on the control panel.  

"Then 5 minutes it is..."

I will activate as soon as the door is opened.