RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Sci-Fi Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=102)
+--- Forum: Stars Wars (WotC) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Forum: Episode 3.9: Before There Was Hope (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=86)
+---- Thread: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) (/showthread.php?tid=306)

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 10-10-2018

I will allow you to drop two stun grenades as part of teh same action if you wish with just a -5 to the attack roll. Remember you do not need to be out of the blast radius, you are immune to stun grenades. Unless you want to drop an ion grenade.. that could be fun..  Please, disable the alarm with an ion grenade ..

popcorn    watches as Zero drops an ion grenade on a reactor control panel..

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - IT-O (Zero) - 10-11-2018

[OoC: Thanks!  I updated my post.

And I think I'll stick with the stun grenades, thank you very much.   Confused ]

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Ubi Sunt - 10-11-2018

(10-10-2018, 11:43 PM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: I will allow you to drop two stun grenades as part of teh same action if you wish with just a -5 to the attack roll. Remember you do not need to be out of the blast radius, you are immune to stun grenades. Unless you want to drop an ion grenade.. that could be fun..  Please, disable the alarm with an ion grenade ..

Ooc - Reminds me of another droid that dropped a couple of stun grenades on some unsuspecting guardsSmile  I like to imagine Long and Escape flying around the galaxy making beautiful little subroutine babies togetherBig Grin

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 10-11-2018

(10-10-2018, 10:22 PM)IT-O (Zero) Wrote: Spotting the second guard feeling for the Droid Caller, Zero's red pupil narrows.  The droid drifts upward over their heads --out of arms reach-- and then a round sphere pops out of a storage compartment and plinks to the ground at the Techs feet.

[Move Action]
  • Fly over their heads.
  • Draw Stun Grenade as part of move action

[OoC:  Is dropping a grenade a Free Action or a Standard Action?  I will assume it's a Standard action.]

[Standard Action]
"I said, stop the alarm!  Not reach for Droid Caller!  If Technicians continues to defy this droid's requests, this droid will be required to use greater countermeasures."
The three unconscious technicians refuse to get up and shut off the alarm.

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 10-11-2018

(10-11-2018, 12:19 AM)Ubi Sunt Wrote:
(10-10-2018, 11:43 PM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: I will allow you to drop two stun grenades as part of teh same action if you wish with just a -5 to the attack roll. Remember you do not need to be out of the blast radius, you are immune to stun grenades. Unless you want to drop an ion grenade.. that could be fun..  Please, disable the alarm with an ion grenade ..

Ooc - Reminds me of another droid that dropped a couple of stun grenades on some unsuspecting guardsSmile  I like to imagine Long and Escape flying around the galaxy making beautiful little subroutine babies togetherBig Grin

Except teh 'real' Escape is still stuck here commanding the docking facility lol.. Long copied her...  creepy little droid

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - IT-O (Zero) - 10-11-2018

Zero's single red pupil swivels to look at the computer.  The droid looks at the various buttons and screens attempting to figure out the status of the base and shields.

[OoC: If Zero has time he will Use Computer if not, he will wait until next round.

Use Computer +10; Take 10 (if possible).  If not the result is 14; Yay! The crappy rolls are back! ]

Dez has the aqualish i hand, so combat is over. However because Improve Access has potential ill effects if fail by 5 or more you cannot take 10.

The computer, in its ALARMED state is Indifferent. 

Improve Access (Trained Only) 

As a Full-Round Action, you can make a Use Computer check to adjust the attitude of a computer in order to gain access to it's programs and information. You must be able to communicate with the computer either through a direct interface (Such as a keypad) or by connecting to it through an appropriate network (Such as the Holonet). Apply a modifier on the check based on the computer's current attitude toward you: Hostile -10, Unfriendly -5, Indifferent -2, Friendly +0. If the check equals or exceeds the computer's Will Defense, the computer's attitude shifts one step in your favor. If you fail, the computer's attitude does not change. If you fail by 5 or more, the computer's attitude becomes one step worse (For example, Indifferent to Unfriendly) and the computer notifies the computer's administrator of the access attempt.

A Hostile computer can be dangerous. If the computer becomes Hostile or you fail any Use Computer check made to improve access to a Hostile computer, it traces your exact location and notifies the nearest security personnel. In addition, if you fail by 5 or more when attempting to improve access to a Hostile computer, it isolates your connection and rejects any further attempts you make to access it for 24 hours.

Issue Routine Command (Requires Computer Attitude of Friendly or better) 
As a Standard Action, you can issue a routine command to a computer. Examples include turning a computer on or off, viewing and editing documents or recordings in it's memory, printing a hard copy of a document or image on a flimsiplast sheet, opening or closing doors that the computer controls, and the like. Issuing routine commands doesn't normally require a Use Computer check. 

A computer's Will Defense is equal to 15 + its Intelligence modifier. When attempting to improve your access to a computer, your Use Computer check result must equal or exceed the computer's Will Defense.

So the challenge would be getting that Use computer of at least 17 or higher without failing by 5 or more.

[OoC: So what does the computer attitude start at?  Indifferent?  

The 14 Zero rolled was to only look at the controls and screens to figure out what the current status of the base and shields.  Thank god because if he accessed an Indifferent computer he would have failed by at least 5.  SURPRISE!   Dodgy   ]

No the  will defense of at least 17 includes the -2 penalty.. i am not telling you what it's final will defense is.. you just know that it is at least 15+Int modifier..  Improve Access is a Full round action, so you need to decide how long you wish to spend on this alarm before I tell you how much sccess you  or defeat you have.

FYI..
A Scomp Link is a universal data port mounted on an extendable arm, available for many types of Droids. Astromech Droids have them as standard Equipment. Scomp Link ports are standard input/output links, found on computer systems and Starships throughout the galaxy. Using a Scomp Link gives a Droid a +2 Equipment bonus to Use Computer checks to Access Information when the computer's Attitude toward it is Helpful or Friendly.

So a scomp link is not much help here.

[OoC: Well I wasn't asking for the DC of the computer.  I was simply guesstimating what the DC could be. ]

[OoC2: I need a clarification...  When we first starting the game, the GM decided (and we all agreed) we can declare the use of a force point at any time, including after the dice was rolled.  A quote from the SRD...

Quote:On your turn, you may spend a Force Point as a Free Action to roll a 1d6 and add the result to a single attack roll, Skill Check, or Ability Check. You can do this once per round.

Since it says you spend a Force Point as a Free Action and not before or part of whatever action you wish to improve, it seems to me the text of the SRD supports our original ruling of using a Force Point at any time.  Is this still true?]