RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Sci-Fi Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=102)
+--- Forum: Stars Wars (WotC) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Forum: Episode 3.9: Before There Was Hope (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=86)
+---- Thread: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) (/showthread.php?tid=306)

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Shunna Maza - 09-21-2018

"Ok, can we close the doors part way?" Shunna asks the Talz.  "That way we can all slip out into the next room and close the doors behind us more quickly."

[OoC: Since he can't seem to reach the bars, how does it appear the creature would get into this room?  Does his cell have a lift that raises the creature or is there an elevator or something?]

Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 09-21-2018

You think that there must be a lift or ramp beneath the massive blast-steel doors in the floor. [which the Talz is at the control for].

The talz cannot answer your question regarding whether or not the doors can be closed halfway, any more than you can because he is not there at the control panels for those doors. Someone needs to go look

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 09-21-2018

The zabrak and Callie take matters into their own hands and run to the control panels for the south doors.

"Give us a moment to find out."

Map:
[Image: escape-1-10.jpg]

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Shunna Maza - 09-22-2018

"I think we should only lift the platform just high enough for the creature to have to climb out of its cage.  That will give us time to close the door behind us.  Sound good?"

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 09-22-2018

The talz whistles. You hope that is a yes, as he starts fiddling with the controls.

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Ubi Sunt - 09-23-2018

(09-22-2018, 04:11 PM)Shunna Maza Wrote: "I think we should only lift the platform just high enough for the creature to have to climb out of its cage.  That will give us time to close the door behind us.  Sound good?"

"What? Well I'm getting the frak outta here!"
Ubi says and runs towards the Talz by the controls.  He hopes the plan works and the monster below can clear a path for them to get to the ship he hopes is ahead.

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 09-23-2018

Njon: Use Computer [1d20+2] = 2+2 = 4

Njon starts trying to figure out the control comsole for the heavy doors and the suspected lift blow them.  Abruptly the room lights shift to red and a klaxxon starts sounding.

Use Computer: issue Command [1d20+2] = 16+2 = 18
Callie: Use Computer : Aid Another [1d20+1] = 13+1 = 14

Meanwhile, the Zabrak and Callie  find the right command easily and the upper section of the south door slides down to block almost the entire southern passage, leaving just a two foot high gap. Plenty for even the talz and Ubi to roll under, but hopefully not the creature.

Ubi arrives beside the tals with a simple move action and can see that he has no idea what he is doing, just randomly hitting buttons.

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Shunna Maza - 09-25-2018

Shunna moves to the south door.  When she sees the Talz randomly smashing buttons she says, "I thought I heard your kind picked up tech quickly."  Shunna then directs everyone to roll under the partially closed door and once everyone has done so, she drops and rolls under as well.

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Ubi Sunt - 09-26-2018

(09-23-2018, 10:38 PM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: Njon: Use Computer [1d20+2] = 2+2 = 4

Njon starts trying to figure out the control comsole for the heavy doors and the suspected lift blow them.  Abruptly the room lights shift to red and a klaxxon starts sounding.

Use Computer: issue Command [1d20+2] = 16+2 = 18
Callie: Use Computer : Aid Another [1d20+1] = 13+1 = 14

Meanwhile, the Zabrak and Callie  find the right command easily and the upper section of the south door slides down to block almost the entire southern passage, leaving just a two foot high gap. Plenty for even the talz and Ubi to roll under, but hopefully not the creature.

Ubi arrives beside the tals with a simple move action and can see that he has no idea what he is doing, just randomly hitting buttons.

"Button masher ehh?  I'm a hardware type myself." (Use Computer +3) He says with a grunt and points one of his blasters at the controls before more experienced hands step in.

Used to following commands as well as giving them he knows there's no time to argue, Ubi rolls under the door without hesitation.

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 09-26-2018

(09-25-2018, 07:38 PM)Shunna Maza Wrote: Shunna moves to the south door.  When she sees the Talz randomly smashing buttons she says, "I thought I heard your kind picked up tech quickly."  Shunna then directs everyone to roll under the partially closed door and once everyone has done so, she drops and rolls under as well.

The talz is NOT at the south door, please look at the map image. The controls where the Talz is standing arre central in tehg room on a small post beside the big blast doors in the floor. [BH-11]

(09-26-2018, 01:04 AM)Ubi Sunt Wrote: "Button masher ehh?  I'm a hardware type myself." (Use Computer +3) He says with a grunt and points one of his blasters at the controls before more experienced hands step in.

Used to following commands as well as giving them he knows there's no time to argue, Ubi rolls under the door without hesitation.

[OoC: So according to both of you, you are both leaving the talz in the room alone with  the alarm klaxxon still going off and the big doors in the floor still firmly SHUT??  The talz did not succeed in opening them.. he failed so badly all he did was set off an alarm.  Think you both need to re-read a few posts ..  LOL]

Map:
[Image: escape-1-11.jpg]