RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Sci-Fi Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=102)
+--- Forum: Stars Wars (WotC) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Forum: Episode 3.9: Before There Was Hope (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=86)
+---- Thread: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) (/showthread.php?tid=306)

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 07-04-2018

Which hole? the ones in the north with the grating covering them? There is one on the left and one on the right. Or did you mean the hole created by Ubi blasting the door open. The corridor beyond that is clearly lit.

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Shunna Maza - 07-04-2018

Yes, beyond the blast doors in the floor.

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 07-05-2018

It is hard to see down the hole, past the grating into the dim area below, you can just make out the floor some 10 meters (30 feet below. At first you see nothing but the detrutus of some creature inhabiting the area, piles of manure with undigested bone fragments gleaming in the piles. Then you see movement and some creature comes into view to look up at your light shining down.

The creature is massive, easily 4.5 meters tall (almost 15 feet) with heavily muscled arms dangling to the ground. Its grotesque face is not on its head. in fact it has no head at all, instead its face is squarely in its chest, surrounded by thick folds of fat.

It roars up at you and attempts to jump up and grab at the grate. It is surprisingly agile, and it's huge hands do indeed hit the grate, with it leaping easily off the ground, but it's huge fingers are too big to gain purchase on the grate. The impact can be felt easily through the heavy metal grating, despite the metal being almost 6 inches thick.

[Image: kintan-strider2.png]

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 07-05-2018

The zabrak comments.. "Perhaps we should let whatever that is stay where it is?"

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Ubi Sunt - 07-10-2018

When the ground shakes from, whatever that was, he turns back to see Shunna looking down the other door.  "Hurry, we don't have time to dawdle! Gotta keep movin!" He says excitedly then presses on down the newly revealed corridor.  

Ooc- But that thing does look like alot of fun Sad

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Shunna Maza - 07-10-2018

Spotting the thing in the hole, she says, "Whoa, that's a couple of tons of butt whooping love that I frankly don't want to tangle with so the side door it is..."

[OoC: I don't know what skill I need to try to identify it?]

Shunna will then move carefully down the east passage.  "Are any of you familiar with this direction?" she whispers to everyone.

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 07-12-2018

(07-10-2018, 12:26 PM)Shunna Maza Wrote: [OoC: I don't know what skill I need to try to identify it?]

[ooc Knowledge Life Sciences  - covers xenobiology       One of the great things about such a varied universe is that players can't just metagame knowledge]

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Shunna Maza - 07-12-2018

[OoC:  Not a skill I have ranks in.  Can we make an untrained check?  And as a player, I do know what this thing is -- not the stats.  Not a creature I would want to fight though i think it might be fun to try to tame one and keep him as another party member.   Big Grin  Unfortunately I haven't found the jedi power that let's you control or calm monsters like they do in Ep 2, in the arena on Genosha.

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 07-24-2018

shunna proceeds down the east passage, slowly and carefully. As she nears the corner she can see a the light begins to take on a purplish glow, and a loud buzzing can be heard. The buzzing vibrates the very air, making your teeth and bones start to ache.

When she reaches the corner, she peeks round it and sees that caution has paid off. Twenty feet down the corridor after the corner it opens up into a vast chamber, with several guards patrolling the edge of a gigantic hole.  There is a floating platform in the center of the hole, about 20' lower than the floor of the rim of the pit, where technicians in some sort of environmental suits work on some sort of equipment.  Beneath the platform, the pit crackles with energy. Some sort of controlled reaction is sending a beam of energy up into the bottom of the platform, or maybe the platform is firing a beam of energy into the pit, it is hard to tell.

You haven't been spotted yet but you are obviously expected. The two guards nearest are crouched down in defensive posiions, blasters aimed straight down your corridor. If you step around the corner at all they will certainly see you.

[Image: Untitled-2_1.png]

[Image: escape-1-8_2.jpg]

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Shunna Maza - 07-27-2018

Shunna steps backward from the corner and then looks at her companions.  "Does anyone know what this is?  Is it the power source for the base?"