RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Sci-Fi Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=102)
+--- Forum: Stars Wars (WotC) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Forum: Episode 3.9: Before There Was Hope (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=86)
+---- Thread: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) (/showthread.php?tid=306)

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 06-20-2018

The doors in the floor are heavily reinforced, much more than would be necessary for a simple elevator shaft. They obviously lead deeper into the asteroid rather than toward the surface. and as per my room description, yes that is a s door in the east.

Quote: Finally there is a set of heavy metallic blast doors in the 'east'.

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Ubi Sunt - 06-22-2018

(06-20-2018, 05:15 PM)Shunna Maza Wrote: Shunna quickly investigates the doors(?) on the ground in the middle of the room.  Is that another door to the east?]

[OoC: Is this like the doors Ripley opened when she was fighting the Alien Queen, to suck her out into space?]

Ooc - Is there a Caterpillar P-5000 Powered Work Loader nearby?  I want one. Smile 

Ubi will try the eastern doors while Shunna does her mystic thing.

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 06-22-2018

Ubi gets to the heavy doors and see that there is the obligatory small data terminal just inside the doorframe.

[Ooc the computer is currently Unfriendly.. A person could attempt a Use Computer to Issue a Routine Command (open the door) but would need to Improve Access upto Friendly before it woul take commands. ubi is not a trained computer user so he is not allowed to improve access.. that leaves Mechanics.. wear he can rip open the terminal and Disable Devise (Requires Security Kit) .. Ubi does not have a security kit (where is that damn droid when you need him).. that leaves DETONITE? .. unless Shunna or one of the NPCs can help]

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Ubi Sunt - 06-29-2018

Ooc - Reading the Mechanics skill, it says the DM should make the roll to see how effective the blast is. As in, is it better to place the detonite on the door or the panel etc. Would taking 10 add to the time of a full-round-action?

Ubi summons his detonite and prepares to set the charge to blow the door.

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 06-30-2018

(06-29-2018, 10:54 PM)Ubi Sunt Wrote: Ooc - Reading the Mechanics skill, it says the DM should make the roll to see how effective the blast is.  As in, is it better to place the  detonite on the door or the panel etc.  Would taking 10 add to the time of a full-round-action?

Ubi summons his detonite and prepares to set the charge to blow the door.

I would make the roll unless you took 10, but taking 10 is if there is no risk...... it IS still detonite.. 

Shunna make aperception check

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Shunna Maza - 07-02-2018

[Perception +10; Result 18]

[OoC1:  Sorry, I do have a +8 mechanics but when I was creating Shunna, I was still kind of figuring out my equipment and waiting to find out from the DM about what security level of equipment we were allowed to buy.  But then I found out I was stripped of all my belongings so I didn't bother to finish my equipment.  In any case, I was unfamiliar with the game so I don't think I knew I needed a repair kit to use the mechanic skill.  If I did, I would have bought one. ]

[Shunna will check to see if the door to the east is sealed.  She won't open it without telling everyone to get some cover from possible blaster fire.  Even if that means just hiding around edges of the door.]

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 07-03-2018

As per what I told Ubi before.. the door is locked... it will take Use computer to open it the normal way, or Mechanics to disable the lock, or Mechanics to set explosives.

(06-22-2018, 05:22 AM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: Ubi gets to the heavy doors and see that there is the obligatory small data terminal just inside the doorframe.

[Ooc the computer is currently Unfriendly.. A person  could attempt a Use Computer to Issue a Routine Command (open the door) but would need to Improve Access upto Friendly before it woul take commands.  ubi is not a trained computer user so he is not allowed to improve access.. that leaves Mechanics.. wear he can rip open the terminal and Disable Devise (Requires Security Kit) .. Ubi does not have a security kit (where is that damn droid when you need him).. that leaves DETONITE?  .. unless Shunna or one of the NPCs can help]

is ubi setting explosives, if he is I will roll.

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Ubi Sunt - 07-03-2018

"Stand back! I'm gonna blow this kriffing door... green then red, test the clicker..."

Ooc - Yes he's setting the explosives.  Hopefully it doesn't interfere with the Force-User's ability to anticipate the right action to take Smile

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 07-03-2018

Ubi takes a deep breath and a full round action to Set the detonator, for just two rounds, he will not need mor time than that.

He exhales a sigh of relief when the detonite does not go off in his hands.

He then carefully places the explosive next to the locking mechanism, and quickly scrambles backwards.

BOOM!!

The bottom half of the door literally drops into the floor, the hydraulics that pushed it up destroyed.

You'll have to duck to get through, but the way is open.

Beyond the doors you see a set of broad stone stairs carved out of the solid rock of the asteroid, descending roughly 3 meters (10 feet) down, about 4.5 meters (16 feet) long, into a corridor leading 'east' for just over 12 meters (40 feet) , before it turns 'north'.

[Image: escape-1-7.jpg]

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Shunna Maza - 07-04-2018

Shunna will carefully peek down into the hole.  If she needs a little light she will use her lightsaber.