RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Sci-Fi Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=102)
+--- Forum: Stars Wars (WotC) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Forum: Episode 3.9: Before There Was Hope (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=86)
+---- Thread: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie) (/showthread.php?tid=306)

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza + Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 12-01-2017

[Which trooper was Callie aiming for? does she stay where she is? If you do stay where you are you could use 2 swift actions (One Swift + One Move converted to swift) to Aim]
Quote:Aim
2 Swift Actions
You can take two consecutive Swift Actions in the same Round to more carefully line up a Ranged Attack. When you do so, you ignore all Cover bonuses to your target's Reflex Defense on your next Attack. You still must have line of sight to the target, however.

You lose the benefits of Aiming if you lose line of sight to your target or if you take any other Action before making your Attack. Aiming provides no benefit when making an Area Attack.

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza + Callie) - Callie - 12-02-2017

(It looks like there is only one visible from my location. Who needs aiming when you roll a nat 20? Big Grin )

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza + Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 12-02-2017

The trooper turns to raise his blaster as Callie's blaster bolt catches him right in the neck, taking his head clean off his shoulders as if it had been cut with a lightsaber. His body wobbles a moment before dropping to its knees, then falling forward in the doorway, blood fanning out in a quickly growing puddle.

FOG's Turn

"Well now, this IS a development folks. The newcomer hs a flair for the dramatic!"

Map updated
[Image: arena-round-6_1.jpg]

Initiatives

Callie: 28
F0G - 25
Shunna - 19
Ubi Sunt - 16
Friendlies - 10
Storm Troopers - 7

[Shunna's Turn]

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza + Callie) - Shunna Maza - 12-04-2017

[OoC: I have a question about Surge.  It states that speed increases by X number of squares.  Where depending upon your roll, X can be +2/ +4/ +6 squares.  Lets say I rolled a 20 which would give me a +6 squares.  Would that add onto the end of my total movement or would that be added to my movement action?  So if I were to take 2 move actions I would get +6 squares for the first move then another +6 squares for the second move action, for a total (including my normal move) would be 12+12=24 squares.  And if I ran it would 12x4= 48 squares.  Because originally I thought it just added +2 to +6 squares onto my total movement but the power actually states it adds to my speed.  So it sounds like it would be +2 to +6 squares to each move action.

Also, I would like to point out that Surge has Errata.  It should be a Free Action to activate and not a Swift Action...]

Quote:p. 100 – Surge

The Surge power should be a free action, not a swift action. Add the following sentences under Special: “Using the Surge power counts as a running start for determining a Jump DC. You may spend a Destiny Point to gain an additional 4 squares of movement; when you do so, you may also use any and all movement for the round as a part of a jump (no Jump check required).”

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza + Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 12-04-2017

(12-04-2017, 08:54 PM)Shunna Maza Wrote: [OoC: I have a question about Surge.  It states that speed increases by X number of squares.  Where depending upon your roll, X can be +2/ +4/ +6 squares.  Lets say I rolled a 20 which would give me a +6 squares.  Would that add onto the end of my total movement or would that be added to my movement action?  So if I were to take 2 move actions I would get +6 squares for the first move then another +6 squares for the second move action, for a total (including my normal move) would be 12+12=24 squares.  And if I ran it would 12x4= 48 squares.  Because originally I thought it just added +2 to +6 squares onto my total movement but the power actually states it adds to my speed.  So it sounds like it would be +2 to +6 squares to each move action.

Also, I would like to point out that Surge has Errata.  It should be a Free Action to activate and not a Swift Action...]

Quote:p. 100 – Surge

The Surge power should be a free action, not a swift action. Add the following sentences under Special: “Using the Surge power counts as a running start for determining a Jump DC. You may spend a Destiny Point to gain an additional 4 squares of movement; when you do so, you may also use any and all movement for the round as a part of a jump (no Jump check required).”

[OoC Yes it affects your speed.. meaning two moves or run it gets doubled or quadrupled  - http://swse.wikia.com/wiki/Surge (remember squares = 2 meters, so when this websirte says 'increases by 4 meters' that means = 2 squares) and yes it is a free action]

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza + Callie) - Shunna Maza - 12-05-2017

[OoC: I should have asked this in the last post but does it require double the move to move over the barrier beside me?]

[OoC2: Do I have Line of Sight to the Stormtrooper at AL8?  ]

[OoC3:  If I do and use 2 swift actions to aim would I remove all cover modifiers from that same Stormtrooper?]

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza + Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 12-05-2017

(12-05-2017, 05:09 AM)Shunna Maza Wrote: [OoC: I should have asked this in the last post but does it require double the move to move over the barrier beside me?]
Yes, but also only 2 squares to move around it, one square down then diagonal back up. So the difference is flavour, jump down or go around?

(12-05-2017, 05:09 AM)Shunna Maza Wrote: [OoC2: Do I have Line of Sight to the Stormtrooper at AL8?  ]
Yes, uf you lean out to get a view down the hallway. Giving yourself only 50% cover

(12-05-2017, 05:09 AM)Shunna Maza Wrote: [OoC3:  If I do and use 2 swift actions to aim would I remove all cover modifiers from that same Stormtrooper?]
Yup

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza + Callie) - Shunna Maza - 12-05-2017

[OoC: Hmmmm... So many options...  Huh ]

Shunna hops over the short wall then moves toward the Troopers. [Stopping at T13]  She then fires off a blaster shot at a Stormtrooper [At AL8].

[Blaster Attack +5; Result: 22; Damage: 3d6= 14; This is exactly 20 squares distance which puts it in Point Blank range for a pistol so no attack penalty.  But I believe they do get Cover which I think is a +5 to Reflex Defense??]

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza + Callie) - DM Vitkyng - 12-05-2017

(12-05-2017, 08:02 PM)Shunna Maza Wrote: [OoC: Hmmmm... So many options...  Huh ]

Shunna hops over the short wall then moves toward the Troopers. [Stopping at T13]  She then fires off a blaster shot at a Stormtrooper [At AL8].

[Blaster Attack +5; Result: 22; Damage: 3d6= 14; This is exactly 20 squares distance which puts it in Point Blank range for a pistol so no attack penalty.  But I believe they do get Cover which I think is a +5 to Reflex Defense??]

[OoC Actually reading the cover rules, and with some helpful diagrams on this page: ttp://swse.wikia.com/wiki/Character_Combat#Cover no he does not qualify for the +5 cover bonus.]

Shunna seems to have luck on her side as the trooper stepped out just a little too far from his corner, and takes a blaster bolt to the shoulder, dropping to the floor in a heap.

Captain Sunt's Turn

Abandoning his futile effort to revive the Zabrak, Sunt hurries to catch up to Shunna [Two Move actions]

Njon's Turn

Njon drops down over the wall, then hurries across the hallway to a spot that gives him a small amount of cover and fires his blaster pistol. His shot grazes the trooper, almost knocking the trooper off his feet, and staggering him, but the trooper remains standing.

Stormtoopers Turn

Before anyone else can take a shot at him, the clearly wounded trooper staggers to the blast doors and punches the wall panel beside the door.  The door slides down and up, severing the body of the fallen trooper who Callie's shot beheaded, covering the door in yet more gore.

ROUND 7!!

Map Updated:
[Image: arena-round-7.jpg]

Callie's Turn

RE: Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza + Callie) - Callie - 12-07-2017

Callie moves up to the last step (R11) and crouches down to get some cover from the step. "Is that all of them?"