RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
[IC] The Dwarven Ruins - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Admin Discussions (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+---- Forum: Keeper of the Seven Keys (DM Surranó) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [IC] The Dwarven Ruins (/showthread.php?tid=291)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: The Dwarven Ruins - Torin - 05-24-2016

OOC post
The heal is intentional, because it can used untrained. If there is a house rule, please let me know and I put a few rank to it.

You didn not answer my question about the apiders eating method.

Portho already found the tiny wounds. If Torin will check the body, then I will roll for it.

The Dwarven Ruins - DM Surranó - 05-24-2016

No house rule just surprised. You can use it untrained. Plus I mixed up with pathfinders +3 class skill bonus...

Torin can use knowledge nature dc15 concerning spiders if trained.

RE: The Dwarven Ruins - Portho Nihilbuck - 05-24-2016

[OoC]Portho didn't notice the full plate when he searched Pearl before????]

"I had only just signed on with them when they announced that they were heading down here. I have not had a chance to explore these ruins before and wished to accompany an expedition so I could look down here for any lost clues or knowledge of the Fallen Kingdom."

"I I used my wand to check for secret doors in the first room where I awoke, where we battled the second spider, but not in the rooms between there and the room with the scorch marks from the wizard battling the spiders. I think the reason I had not been sucked dry yet is that the spider had sated itself, and I am so small it was saving me for later. I did find some swords that were in decent shape, as well as a potion, if you have a method to identify potions that is not expensive I would be grateful."

RE: The Dwarven Ruins - DM Surranó - 05-24-2016

OOC - sorry, my bad. It was a breastplate only. Anyway it's crushed and Torin is not familiar with the material to fix it.

RE: The Dwarven Ruins - Torin - 05-25-2016

If you don't mind then I will examine the bodies!

Torin examines the three bodies and their equipments (ooc - ranger, mage, paladin heal checks: 18, 19, 7). If he finds any valuable then he puts it in to the ground and lets Portho to see it.

Oh! Do you see this two tiny wounds in the elven? I think these made by a vampire or similiar kind.

There are another two tiny wounds! - Torin says that when he examines the albino.

I think later I could fix its! - he points to the knight's breastplate and helmet.

Make Whole Wrote:This spell functions like mending, except that make whole completely repairs an object made of any substance, even one with multiple breaks, to be as strong as new. The spell does not restore the magical abilities of a broken magic item made whole, and it cannot mend broken magic rods, staffs, or wands. The spell does not repair items that have been warped, burned, disintegrated, ground to powder, melted, or vaporized, nor does it affect creatures (including constructs).

Let me see your potion! Sorry, I don't know this, but a few days later I could identify it for you. (ooc - spellcraft: 18))

@DM: Torin puts away the plate mail pieces also if he could fix it (by hand or by spell) and use it.

@DM: What does Torin knows about the bloodsuckers undeads (ooc - Know(Religion):17)

RE: The Dwarven Ruins - Portho Nihilbuck - 05-25-2016

"As far as I am concerned if you can repair that breastplate, it's yours. I'd never fit into it, and in it's current shape it would just be worth the metal value."

"I thought the puncture wounds were from the spiders sucking out their  juices. If there are undead down here that drain life forces, I would like to get to the surface even faster."

The Dwarven Ruins - DM Surranó - 05-25-2016

Ooc - neat thinking, though I don't think I wrote anywhere about bite marks on Malachite's body. Anyway they are there.

Torin knows all generic stuff about bloodsucker undead, and indeed vampires come to his mind as first option though it could indeed be a monstrous insect's bite, or a bat out even a stirge.

Make whole can repair the breastplate indeed.

RE: The Dwarven Ruins - Torin - 05-26-2016

Are there any other equipments near the bodies? (e.g. backpack, weapon, rope, another cloth, torch, money belt, ...)

They come there in almost naked? I mean without backpack, rope, torch, money belt, weapon, ...
I think some intelligent creature killed they and stole their equipment. What do you think? Could you remember their equipments? And of course of you put anything from their that is yours.

[OOC - Of course you - as player - doesn't know anything about this. But your character could know much more about them. So feel free to asked our DM]

RE: The Dwarven Ruins - DM Surranó - 05-26-2016

Yes, there are backpacks with mundane stuff but soft materials (leather, paper, even wood) are mostly torn apart beyond use. A thorough search reveals some change (11gp and 20sp) distributed on the three bodies. Everything valuable seems to have been stolen. Except what you've already found...

All worth mentioning (but gone missing) are described in Portho's thread, except the paladin's enchanted battle axe dubbed "drow cleaver" (it is missing of course).
Probably the most valuable of the collection are the pair of enchanted throwing daggers the wizard had.
Chrysolite's equipment is not described either but he was a secretive one and all Portho could tell that he wore a chain mail and used a morning star and shield in combat; sling with stones (not bullets) outside melee.

RE: The Dwarven Ruins - Torin - 05-27-2016

OOC - If I am right then we didn't find Chrysolite's body  and Torin didn't hear anything about Chrysolite.