RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Sci-Fi Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=102)
+--- Forum: Stars Wars (WotC) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Forum: Episode 3.9: Before There Was Hope (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=86)
+---- Thread: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) (/showthread.php?tid=284)

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - DM Vitkyng - 02-26-2021

(02-25-2021, 09:19 PM)Shunna Maza Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 07:59 PM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: There are none unless they are hidden, of course they can probably detect you if there were.

Why do you say this? 

To keep you paranoid, apparently it worked. Don't judge all npc abilities by the printed version from books because they make some poor decisions. There is no reason a dark force user can't take skill focus and be proficient just like you. That's +10 without ability mods or level mods. Darth Vader/Anakin is supposed to be the Chosen one

And you did not detect any, I just wanted to remind you that that 1% chance is still a chance

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - Shunna Maza - 02-26-2021

(02-26-2021, 12:48 AM)DM Vitkyng Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 07:59 PM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: There are none unless they are hidden, of course they can probably detect you if there were.

Why do you say this? 

To keep you paranoid, apparently it worked.  Don't judge all npc abilities by the printed version from books because they make some poor decisions.  There is no reason a dark force user can't take skill focus and be proficient just like you.  That's +10 without ability mods or level mods.  Darth Vader/Anakin is supposed to be the Chosen one

That +17 is WITH skill focus.  All the main characters have Skill Focus in UTF.  I'm not sure how they calculated his score.  Being 19th level would give him +9.  His Charisma +2 and Skill Focus +5 would give him 16.  Apparently he's not trained in UTF or he'd have another +5 for a +21. 

I looked on the website and they have the exact same stats.  These stats are for Episode IV.  

I looked at Obi Wan who has UTF+19 and that checks out.  (Level 14 = +7.  Charisma +2.  Skill Training +5. Trained +5 = +19)

But Luke's UTF +16 seems to be slightly off. (Level 11 = 5. Charisma +2. Skill Training +5.  Trained +5 = +17

I don't think there's another way to increase your UTF skill.  But I will do some research.

(02-26-2021, 01:57 PM)Shunna Maza Wrote:
(02-26-2021, 12:48 AM)DM Vitkyng Wrote:

Why do you say this? 

To keep you paranoid, apparently it worked.  Don't judge all npc abilities by the printed version from books because they make some poor decisions.  There is no reason a dark force user can't take skill focus and be proficient just like you.  That's +10 without ability mods or level mods.  Darth Vader/Anakin is supposed to be the Chosen one

That +17 is WITH skill focus.  All the main characters have Skill Focus in UTF.  I'm not sure how they calculated his score.  Being 19th level would give him +9.  His Charisma +2 and Skill Focus +5 would give him 16.  Apparently he's not trained in UTF or he'd have another +5 for a +21. 

I looked on the website and they have the exact same stats.  These stats are for Episode IV.  

I looked at Obi Wan who has UTF+19 and that checks out.  (Level 14 = +7.  Charisma +2.  Skill Training +5. Trained +5 = +19)

But Luke's UTF +16 seems to be slightly off. (Level 11 = 5. Charisma +2. Skill Training +5.  Trained +5 = +17

I don't think there's another way to increase your UTF skill.  But I will do some research.

I am not really worried about it.. Your odds of encountering those charecters =  slim/none and I am not beholden to use their statistics for them

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - Shunna Maza - 02-28-2021

(02-28-2021, 05:30 AM)Korstyn Steele Wrote:
(02-28-2021, 05:03 AM)Shunna Maza Wrote: [OoC: Yes, or they would have likely come to blows already!  Shunna just doesn't want to land on a planet and find it was a trap like that time Lando sold Han out on Bespin.  She's still a little wary of the impact her performance in the arena had on viewers within broadcast range.  I assume since Jedi are considered to be a myth by most people it will be more easily explaned as special effects.  But she can't rule out her displays of power won't arouse curiosity. ]

[[Hmmm...That doesn't really look like a fight Shunna wants to pick.]]

Much of that fight would be determined by initiative.  Considering how we'll armored Korstyn is, Shunna would probably resort to Mind Trick to have you surrender and disarm.

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - Korstyn Steele - 02-28-2021

Still not a fight miss Jedi wants to pick. Even if it comes down to initiative (which Korstyn is very strong in) a Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and Defense. Never for attack.

(02-28-2021, 02:40 PM)Korstyn Steele Wrote: Still not a fight miss Jedi wants to pick.  Even if it comes down to initiative (which Korstyn is very strong in) a Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and Defense.  Never for attack.

We're 1 point apart in initiative which gives Korstyn a 5% edge.  Using Mind Trick +15 against your 17 will defense would give Shunna a 95% chance of winning the confrontation.  Using Mind Trick to avoid a fight is for defense. 

Jedi are not pacifists.  We see in the movies that Jedi are more than willing to throw down with an enemy.  Even Asoka didn't hesitate to attack Mando when he was searching for her.

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - DM Vitkyng - 02-28-2021

Guys, we're not 13. Stop measuring dicks and roleplay instead. We're not playing a PvP game here.

(02-28-2021, 05:53 PM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: Guys, we're not 13. Stop measuring dicks and roleplay instead. We're not playing a PvP game here.

I knew a dick measuring comment was coming...  Rolleyes

As for role playing, I think we're waiting on you and Ubi.

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - Shunna Maza - 06-24-2021

I'm just bumping this as a reminder there are still players eager to continue playing Star Wars.  As a DM on PbP I know how easy it is to forget certain games especially when you're DMing so many.  Then when you don't receive notifications it creates a situation of, out of sight out of mind.