RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
The morning after Thanksgiving ~Open to all~ - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Super Hero Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Marvel Super Heroes (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Forum: Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+----- Forum: Outside the Estate (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=55)
+----- Thread: The morning after Thanksgiving ~Open to all~ (/showthread.php?tid=187)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: The morning after Thanksgiving ~Open to all~ - Graffiti - 10-12-2015

Graffiti gets her coat and strolls outside with the others.  "Well here we go on another field trip," Ashley says to no one in particular.  "At least we're getting out to work off Thanksgiving dinner.  I have to maintain my girlish figure.  My keen fashion sense will only get me so far."  She walks up beside Roslyn and says, "I forgot to thank you for you complimenting my new hair colors.  I appreciate it.  Sometimes I feel like all I do is fade into the background and no one sees me.  They are all too busy with doing their own thing.  Funny how the girl who controls colors seems to be invisible.  At least I now have Porsche as a roommate.  She loves colors."  Ashley interrupts her own train of thought and says, "Oh yeah, are you okay with your color?  Did you remember the wrist thingy Beast gave you or did you need me to modify your golden sheen?"

RE: The morning after Thanksgiving ~Open to all~ - Porsche Villar - 10-12-2015

"Ola Ashlee. So chicas, guess we better climb in so we can sit together and chat. How long a drive is it?

RE: The morning after Thanksgiving ~Open to all~ - Graffiti - 10-12-2015

"I'm not sure," Ashley says while climbing into the van and taking a seat at the back away from the adults.  "I don't think I've ever been to the train station around here.  I'm originally from California.  We moved around a lot but always stayed around the West Coast.  You?"

RE: The morning after Thanksgiving ~Open to all~ - Gedeon Salazar - 10-12-2015

Gedeon listens briefly to the conversation Malcolm is having with Jack, but quickly loses interest. Instead, she hops up front with Beast, not showing any surprise or nervousness at his odd appearance. "Beast, huh? If you don't mind me asking, did you choose that name, or did someone else name you?"

RE: The morning after Thanksgiving ~Open to all~ - GM Marvel - 10-12-2015

[OoC:  Gedeon, I'm not sure if you noticed but you have a solo thread waiting for you.]

While all the students climb onto the bus, Beast replies, "Well Gedeon, since I was born with my mutation.  Only the enlarged hands a feet.  I had not yet developed my luxurious blue coat," he adds with a chuckle.  "My classmates would tease me greatly and started to call me 'the Beast'.  As you might suspect, it was a difficult time for me.  However, in my senior year my agility and athletic prowess earned me recognition as a star football player.  After which, they began just calling me 'Beast' because they felt I was such a beast on the football field.  So in the end I turned a negative into a positive and embraced the nickname which at first was given to me in ridicule."

"You have a unique name, Gedeon.  Might I ask how you received your Moniker?"

RE: The morning after Thanksgiving ~Open to all~ - Porsche Villar - 10-12-2015

Porsche slips in beside Ashley, and moves over so that another can fit in the back with them.

"I've always lived in south Texas, Corpus Christi, and then Laredo. Mia hermano.. umm my brother, he works for the Texas border patrol."

RE: The morning after Thanksgiving ~Open to all~ - Static Charge - 10-12-2015

He listens to everyone talking and can't help himself but get happier by the moment.  "I'm from New Jersey." He blurts out wanting to be included.  "My Uncle Owns Quick Pizza."  They're still not listening.  "My Granpa Morte and Grandma Urgle adopted me.  There I learned values.  Not to interrupt anyone..."  Then realizes what he's been doing for the last few seconds.  He stays quiet till the van gets moving.

RE: The morning after Thanksgiving ~Open to all~ - Gedeon Salazar - 10-13-2015

She gives Beast an odd look, something between a smile and a squint. She can't really imagine him among humans. He'd be cast out. But then, he did say that was before his fur. Enlarged hands and feet could be passed of as a more mundane deformity, something to pity, but not necessarily fear.

She also completely misses the potential football joke that any Pacific Northwest surface dweller would make. She's just not familiar enough with the sport to understand "Beast Mode."

Looking out the window for a second, she shrugs at his question. "We often have several names, and most of them tell a story, of sorts. What I use as my everyday name only seems odd because we don't limit names by language or gender. Gedeon is considered a masculine name, of Hebrew origin, and means 'feller' or 'hewer.' An person of the axe. What I use as my last name means 'old hall,' because my line was among those who split off from a larger conclave. They are, in essence, the old hall, and we were of it, until we left and started our own hall."

RE: The morning after Thanksgiving ~Open to all~ - Interface - 10-13-2015

Johnny had been sitting outside with his hands in his coat pockets thinking about the events of the last 24 hours.  Since his mutation, he has always had confidence in his personal and academic pursuits but this was different. Johnny had never been in a real relationship.  Sure he had dated and did the, lets be boyfriend and girlfriend and send notes to each other in class.  But none of that ever was anything more than childhood experimentation.  Since meeting Roslyn, he felt different.  Johnny really cared for this girl. 

When everyone comes outside, he stands and is relieved to see Roslyn.  He offers her a smile and when she offers her hand to him, he smiles even wider and takes it and gives it a squeeze.  Johnny gives her a kiss and asks, "Howya feeling?" 

A few moments later when everyone is getting into the van, Johnny helps Roslyn inside and chooses a seat beside her.  Weaving his fingers with Roslyn's, he listens to the conversations his friends were having in a much improved mood.

RE: The morning after Thanksgiving ~Open to all~ - Aurum - 10-13-2015

Aurum slips into the back seat with Johnny. Once settled, she playfully leans over slightly to bump shoulders with him and squeezes his hand back. Giving him a quick smooch back, she glances at the others, hoping they aren't paying too much attention, then she looks down at their intertwined hands. With all the people in the van, she answers his question by thought instead of speaking out loud. ~I'm fine. Really. It's complicated, but we're going to work it out.~ Her golden lips curl into a sly smirk. ~The professor is having my things moved to a private room, since I come with my own roommate now. Jessica won't be happy about it, but I can't trust her until she's better... Anyway, you could come by.~

She gives a faint smile to Ashlee, and reaches forward to squeeze the other girl's shoulder at the comment about invisibility. "It's true. Everyone gets distracted by whatever they have going on. That doesn't mean that no one sees you, though." Ashlee's question gives her pause. There have been times when they've gone out that she kept the gold color. But there have been so many changes lately, she's not sure she really wants to listen to whatever anti-mutant thoughts might be around. With a slightly apologetic glance at Beast, who seemed involved in a conversation with one of the new girls up front, she nods. "Yeah. If you would take it off, I think that might be better. Thanks."