RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
[IC] Gemeris Station [Everyone] - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Sci-Fi Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=102)
+--- Forum: Stars Wars (WotC) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Forum: Episode 3.9: Before There Was Hope (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=86)
+---- Thread: [IC] Gemeris Station [Everyone] (/showthread.php?tid=667)

RE: Gemeris Station [Everyone] - Jendu Verbenti - 04-29-2021

"So I assume we're heading to the thickly overgrown swamp world of Ririmanna VI," Jendu states with his nose turned wrinkled in distaste.  "I'm sure it's a lovely junk planet.  Maybe we can cobble together enough scrap to make our own little vacation home."

"Once we get there I can poke around and try to gather some information.  But if he's good at hiding his tracks it's not going to be easy to locate him, even with my skills and connections.  So we may need to grease a few palms before we're done!"

Quote:Locate Individual

Make a Gather Information check to locate a specific individual- either someone you know by name or someone with the skill, item, or information you need. The DC of the check is 15 if the target is relatively easy to locate; if the target isn't well known or has taken strides to conceal his or her presence and/or activities, the DC is 25 and the information costs 500 credits in bribes.

[[Jendu has a Gather Information 11 and he is allowed to take 10 but not 20.  I doubt he will be easy to locate.  If Jendu needs a 25, then he'll either need a lucky roll or he'll need 2 people to do Aid another checks (which seems to be able to be done with no training) so I can take 10.  Zero does have Gather Information skill but with a Charisma 10, he's not very good at it.]]

RE: Gemeris Station [Everyone] - Dez Synn - 04-29-2021

Dez will mcall Njon on the comm-link. Telling him to prep the ship for departure.

RE: Gemeris Station [Everyone] - DM Vitkyng - 04-29-2021

(04-29-2021, 05:02 AM)Jendu Verbenti Wrote: "So I assume we're heading to the thickly overgrown swamp world of Ririmanna VI," Jendu states with his nose turned wrinkled in distaste.  "I'm sure it's a lovely junk planet.  Maybe we can cobble together enough scrap to make our own little vacation home."

"Once we get there I can poke around and try to gather some information.  But if he's good at hiding his tracks it's not going to be easy to locate him, even with my skills and connections.  So we may need to grease a few palms before we're done!"

Make a Gather Information check to locate a specific individual- either someone you know by name or someone with the skill, item, or information you need. The DC of the check is 15 if the target is relatively easy to locate; if the target isn't well known or has taken strides to conceal his or her presence and/or activities, the DC is 25 and the information costs 500 credits in bribes.

[[Jendu has a Gather Information 11 and he is allowed to take 10 but not 20.  I doubt he will be easy to locate.  If Jendu needs a 25, then he'll either need a lucky roll or he'll need 2 people to do Aid another checks (which seems to be able to be done with no training) so I can take 10.  Zero does have Gather Information skill but with a Charisma 10, he's not very good at it.]]

You will still need to roleplay.. just sayin'.. no amount of 'but RAW says'  will get you out of roleplaying it

RE: Gemeris Station [Everyone] - Jendu Verbenti - 04-29-2021

(04-29-2021, 12:42 PM)DM Vitkyng Wrote:
(04-29-2021, 05:02 AM)Jendu Verbenti Wrote: "So I assume we're heading to the thickly overgrown swamp world of Ririmanna VI," Jendu states with his nose turned wrinkled in distaste.  "I'm sure it's a lovely junk planet.  Maybe we can cobble together enough scrap to make our own little vacation home."

You will still need to roleplay.. just sayin'.. no amount of 'but RAW says'  will get you out of roleplaying it

[OoC: I don't remember saying I was trying to get out of roleplaying anything.  I was just posting what the numbers say.  Shunna might also be able to just mind trick the information out of someone too so this check might be moot. ]

RE: Gemeris Station [Everyone] - Korstyn Steele - 04-29-2021

[[Korstyn can threaten the information too, while we’re at it. I’m just sayin. *inno*]]

RE: Gemeris Station [Everyone] - DM Vitkyng - 05-03-2021

Njon's barks and hoots come back through the comms.

Zero will need to translate.
~The ship is ready, as soon as you get here. I do not know how to plot astrogation coordinates though.~

RE: Gemeris Station [Everyone] - Shunna Maza - 05-03-2021

Assuming Zero translates, Shunna says, "Well that's our cue.  Let's get back to the ship.  The more time we waste is additional time the bounty hunters have to find him."

She says her goodbyes to Woryn and then returns to the ship.

RE: Gemeris Station [Everyone] - IT-O (Zero) - 05-03-2021

Zero was back with the ship assisting with its repairs.  The minute Zero finds out where they're going (he'll ask if necessary) he will begin his astrogate calculations.

[OOC: Apparently we are allowed to take 20 but it will take 20 minutes to complete.  With a Use Computer +10, he would achieve a result of 30.  

Since Zero is taking on the roll of Astronavigator, remind me to add skill training (use computers) when I gain my next level.]

RE: Gemeris Station [Everyone] - Korstyn Steele - 05-03-2021

Korstyn stands and makes certain, again, that her weapons are all properly connected to her armor hooks. It made things so much easier for her. She makes her way to the Wrathful Bulwark with everyone else, focused on the task at hand.

RE: Gemeris Station [Everyone] - DM Vitkyng - 05-03-2021

(05-03-2021, 05:16 AM)IT-O (Zero) Wrote: Zero was back with the ship assisting with its repairs.  The minute Zero finds out where they're going (he'll ask if necessary) he will begin his astrogate calculations.

[OOC: Apparently we are allowed to take 20 but it will take 20 minutes to complete.  With a Use Computer +10, he would achieve a result of 30.  

Since Zero is taking on the roll of Astronavigator, remind me to add skill training (use computers) when I gain my next level.]

From what I can tell in the lore you need to be off-planet before you can calculate astrogation.. no one in the movies/books seems to ever calculate nav while on the gfround.  Looking in the rules