RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
[IC] Gemeris Station [Everyone] - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Sci-Fi Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=102)
+--- Forum: Stars Wars (WotC) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Forum: Episode 3.9: Before There Was Hope (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=86)
+---- Thread: [IC] Gemeris Station [Everyone] (/showthread.php?tid=667)

RE: Gemeris Station [Everyone] - DM Vitkyng - 04-26-2021

(04-26-2021, 04:38 AM)Jendu Verbenti Wrote:
(04-26-2021, 12:41 AM)Korstyn Steele Wrote: Korstyn just tilts her head curiously, knowing that no one can see her facial expressions beneath her helm.  “Your concern is noted.  If you’re so worried I’ll threaten him into submission, why not tag along and actually convince him in your way?”

"If only I had the time," Jendu replies sincerely enough that you might believe him. 

[Deception: [1d20+16]=6+16=22; Even if Deception doesn't work on PC's, with a 22 he should still sound fairly convincing.

"But there's a lot going on behind the scenes that I must attend to."  

"Woryn, did we determine the race of Syn?"

Worybn repeats that he is a Kian'thar.. they are a race of known empaths

(04-23-2021, 04:41 AM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: ...
Bounty:  safe rescue of Sym Alvira, a Kian'thar from Shaum Hii.

RE: Gemeris Station [Everyone] - Korstyn Steele - 04-26-2021

(04-26-2021, 12:41 AM)Korstyn Steele Wrote: Korstyn just tilts her head curiously, knowing that no one can see her facial expressions beneath her helm.  “Your concern is noted.  If you’re so worried I’ll threaten him into submission, why not tag along and actually convince him in your way?”

"If only I had the time," Jendu replies sincerely enough that you might believe him. 

[Deception: [1d20+16]=6+16=22; Even if Deception doesn't work on PC's, with a 22 he should still sound fairly convincing.

"Huh.  Really."  Unreadable Beskar'gam helm.

[[And you really did sound convincing.]]

RE: Gemeris Station [Everyone] - Jendu Verbenti - 04-26-2021

(04-26-2021, 04:48 AM)DM Vitkyng Wrote:

Worybn repeats that he is a Kian'thar.. they are a race of known empaths

(04-23-2021, 04:41 AM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: ...
Bounty:  safe rescue of Sym Alvira, a Kian'thar from Shaum Hii.

[OoC: Sorry, I figured it was mentioned but at 12:30am I decided I'd just ask instead of combing though posts for a name of a race I'm not familiar with.  Can't use the search function on a name I don't know.]

[And assuming Jendu who is helping to set up this deal knows something about his race, he adds...]

"His race does have the ability to sense other people's emotions but we are sincerely attempting to save him," Jendu adds.  "He should sense your goodwill which should actually aid you in convincing him to return with you."

RE: Gemeris Station [Everyone] - Dez Synn - 04-26-2021

"We need to get going then, if it is good to take us days to get there. Those hunters have a massive head start." 

"Thanks Senator." 

RE: Gemeris Station [Everyone] - DM Vitkyng - 04-26-2021

Worynn looks worried.  "Jendu, this is pretty imperative that he trusts us. We need people that are good in a fight, yes, or we will never get him out, but we also need those who can smooth the way, or you'll be fighting every Bounty Hunter in the galaxy.. We do not know what information he has, but it is important enough that the Empire hgas put an open bounty on his head.  It could help us get our sector back."

[OoC remember the Alliance to Restore the Republic is not a thing yet, this is teh Atrivis Resistance Group, not the rebel alliance]

RE: Gemeris Station [Everyone] - Shunna Maza - 04-27-2021

Shunna listens to the conversation and finally says, "With all due respect to Dez, who I'm sure is a fantastic negotiator, we may need someone who's skilled in deception to help us avoid the bounty hunters as well as offer a hand in convincing Syn to join us.  Normally I wouldn't even consider a civilian joining us but from what I hear, Jendu does have some combat experience.  To increase our chances maybe Jendu should join us in our mission."

RE: Gemeris Station [Everyone] - Jendu Verbenti - 04-27-2021

Jendu was sipping from his drink while Woryn and Shunna were speaking.  When he hears Shunna directly suggest he should join the group to increase their chances of success, his eyes widen slightly and he chokes a bit.  "Sorry... <cough> what?  I'm not sure how I could be of help.  I've hardly had any combat experience and there's a festival I was planning on going to..."  He looks at everyone present and adds, "And my parley skills aren't really as incredible as they once were.  I'm really out of practice."  Jendu was slowly realizing that for all his resistance that maybe they were correct.  It wasn't like his presents would make the absolute difference, but if he could help in even a small way, it might be enough to get Syn back safely.  And if he were honest with himself, even though those days in the prison were absolutely terrifying, they were some of the most exciting days in his life.  A life that has become a bit dull and boring.  Jendu sighs and finally says, "Fine.  As Dez said, we should get going."

RE: Gemeris Station [Everyone] - DM Vitkyng - 04-27-2021

"A festival? Really?" Worynn rolls his eyes.

RE: Gemeris Station [Everyone] - Jendu Verbenti - 04-27-2021

(04-27-2021, 03:52 AM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: "A festival? Really?" Worynn rolls his eyes.

"Hey, it's an important festival," Jendu replies.  "At least it is for the people involved."

RE: Gemeris Station [Everyone] - Korstyn Steele - 04-27-2021

Korstyn just looks at Jendu expressionlessly. No words, no visible reactions, just looks at him. It would be hard for the Human to have survived on Vorpa'ya, impossible after THAT statement of ridicule.