RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The Hagfish (ooc)
where we can just talk about the game.
Quote this message in a reply
So with every AP (Adventure Path), Paizo gives you a free Players Guide you can download to help players prep for the adventure. Its no different with Seven Dooms for Sandpoint.

Heres a link to the page Players guide for the Campaign

Theres parts of it we wont use (primarily the cooperative pre campaign story for levelling to 4th level)...but parts will be useful for background about the Town of Sandpoint

Why this AP?

For me the DM...Nostalgia is a big part. I ran the First AP Paizo created at the beginning of the 'Edition Wars' period. I bought the AP at Gencon when I met Spiral and Succubus in person. 'Rise of The Runelords' was the beginning of the road for Pathfinder, though the AP was 3.5 and later would be revamped in an Anniversary Edition to PF1. It set the tone for their adventures and was so rich in background and detail that I fell in love with Golarion and left the Forgotten Realms behind.

Sandpoint is one of the best detailed towns in any fantasy setting ever...taken from the homebrew campaign of one of the editors of Paizo

Secondly...I know...KNOW Sandpoint....and its history (revisited in their AP's Jade Regent, Shattered Star, and Return of The Runelords)
Additonally I Know Varisia as well as my homebrew campaign world. ...the setting of several other AP's besides the above. (Second Darkness set in Riddleport and Curse of The Crimson Throne set in Korvosa).

Third...Im eager to see Sandpoint and the Campaign set 17 years after Rise to the Runelords...and I know I can breathe life into this running a Nostalgia Campaign for Nostalgia Characters bringing back a Nostalgia Idea I had for a Campaign with a Nostalgia background villain....

as Sam Jackson said in Jurrassic Park...'Hold onto your Butts' ....Itll be a rollercoaster of a ride.

[Image: Ql1eiTCm.jpeg]
so for the deeper Campaign I will be running it is important for each of you to take one of your favorite AD&D/3.5/5e characters that you rose to where he couldnt be played for whatever reason...and revamp him to a 4th level Pathfinder 2 character.

Do not just create a new character but take an existing character and revamp him...preferably one above 12th level....its not important for the Sandpoint AP, but for the background campaign it is.

after creating him you have 140 Gold to outfit.

No restrictions on classes or ancestries or backgrounds. Read the players guide itll give you some pointers to Sandpoint.
Do not worry about how you got here. Thats part of the plot. I would like each character to share a snapshot of what they had done in the past...so I know who your villain was Wink
Once I have Spirals and Minty's characters I can kick things off.
The game is afoot.

Take some time to get to know each other and when you are ready and want the fighting to start move up to the walkway and around and Ill get things going.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon