RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A Dohwar, a Giff, and a Satyr walk into a bar [IC Thread]
The barmaid smiles and asks, "Would you like to start a tab, or pay per the order?  For that Greystone Ale it's 3 silver a tankard, sir."
Quote this message in a reply
Rupert hands the girl a gold pieceand says, "START A TAB PLEASE, AND LET ME KNOW WHEN THIS RUNS OUT, AND IF YOU WOULD GET MY FRIEND HERE ANYTHING HE LIKE TO DRINK!"
"OH! AND WHAT DO YOU HAVE ON YOUR MENUE?"
The dohwar's belly rumbles reminding him how hungry he is.

"I'll have some of that Greystone. But I confess I am more hungry than thirsty, do you have food? Any fish?"
She takes the gold and it vanishes.  "We have a wide variety of fish dishes, broiled, roasted, grilled or raw, as well as roast scavver.  We also have some pork loins and chops from the Underside farms. There are also a few roast ducks available I think."  She looks at Melville and says, "If you would prefer a stronger drink for yourself, sir, we have some fine strong cider for only 1 silver.  Dinner with meat, fish or fowl is 5 silver each, and we are running a special on vegetable platters for only 3 silver each.  If you both go with ale and a meat dinner, your tab will have been overspent, sir."  The last is directed back at Rupert.
Melville considers his meager stash of gold. he will need to find work fast. He doubted he even had enough coin to afford an inn at these prices.  Ah well, best to get started on a full stomach. He considered the cider, but thought against it. Cider was full of sugar, and he needed his wits about him if he might spend a night on the street.

"I will have roast fish, I am not overly particular, but rather fish to scavver, let the chef surprise me." He hands over one of his gold,  "Just the ale for now, I will pay as I go rather than run a tab thank you."

He turns to the giff, "Thank you for the drink, maybe I can return the favor. When I finish my meal I think I might head straight away to that Dock 34. They will need pilots and navigators. Shall I ask if they need marines?"

18 months might sound like a long journey, but it would be a secure income and a good foundation to build on. And he was sure he could parley that into gain.
Rupert ponders for a moment, then gives his huge shoulders a shrug, turns to the waitress, "HOW MUCH MORE COIN WOULD BE REQUIRED TO PURCHASE A PLATE OF ROAST SCAVVER FOR MYSELF DEAR LADY?, AND PERHAPS WE COULD SIT DOWN GOOD SIR< IF I MAY BE SO BOLD, BUT PERHAPS IF WE CAN COME TO A MUTUAL BENIFICAL AGRREEMENT TO WORK TOGETHER WE COULD GUARUANTE OUR EMPLOYMENT ON THAT SHIP ON THE POSTED BILL", and he gestures to an open table close by. "I HAVE TRAINED AS A SPCEFARER< AND HAVE SKILLS IN COMBAT AND DEFENCE BOTH HAND TO HAND AND WITH WEAPONNS!", he says while patting his hand on his holstered pistol at his hip. "PERHAPS YOU COULD USE A BODY GUARD?"
The teifling replies, "Well, sir, with two ales, you are one silver short of a meal for a one, or 9 silver short for two."
Seeing that Melville already handed the waitress a gold piece, Rupert  reachrs into his purse and pulls out 2 silver pieces and hands thm to the waitress "THIS SHOULD BE ENOUGH TO COVER A PLATE OF ROAST SCAVVER< WITH A TIP FOR YOUR SERVICE! THANKYOU!"
"Yes, sirs, thank you," she says with a quick curtsy as the coins disappear just a quickly as the first.  "If you both would like to find a table, I will find you once your orders are ready."  She curtsies again and walks away towards the bar.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon