RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Gemeris Station [Everyone]
(08-11-2021, 06:22 PM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: You cannot link the two computers, slaving ships is a VERY hard thing to do in star wars, and usually gives inferior control when compared to actual crew.  Hence why it usually isn't done.  It would also require  very expensive slave systems.

[OoC: That's not what I meant.  I was just wondering if Zero had to go to the fighter to change its helpfulness or if Zero could just the Bulwark's computer to contact the fighter to upgrade the fighter's helpfulness.]

Zero will make sure all the hyperspace information is up to date.  The droid will then take 20 to make sure all his calculations are correct before feeding them to navigation.
Quote this message in a reply
Jendu is sitting at his engineering station thinking, 'What have I got myself into?'  He contacts his droids to tell them to familiarize themselves with the ship.  Jendu then turns does the same with his engineering panel.  

"Let's hope this mission has few complications," Jendu says to no one in particular.  "I hope everyone realizes we need to not bring attention to ourselves.  Disguises wouldn't be a bad idea."
"I was trying to find somewhere that had a mask but apparently there was no one who had any to sell," Shunna replies.  "Those of us who escaped from the mining asteroid should make themselves some kind of disguise.  I was trying to stay away from the security cameras but got stuck in the arena.  I was wearing a cloak but I don't know how much of our faces was seen during the fight.  I asked a friend who was returning to the asteroid to try to destroy any security or arena footage.  We'll have to hope no one who could mean us harm saw the footage and decided to track us down."

"Does anyone know anything about the places we're stopping at during the hyper jumps?  Maybe there's some place where we can purchase some decent disguises."
"I have a HoloProjector and Converter that can be used to disguise our appearance and voice over comlinks but we'll still need physical disguises when not speaking over comlink." 
(08-14-2021, 03:01 PM)IT-O (Zero) Wrote:
(08-11-2021, 06:22 PM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: You cannot link the two computers, slaving ships is a VERY hard thing to do in star wars, and usually gives inferior control when compared to actual crew.  Hence why it usually isn't done.  It would also require  very expensive slave systems.

[OoC: That's not what I meant.  I was just wondering if Zero had to go to the fighter to change its helpfulness or if Zero could just the Bulwark's computer to contact the fighter to upgrade the fighter's helpfulness.]

Zero will make sure all the hyperspace information is up to date.  The droid will then take 20 to make sure all his calculations are correct before feeding them to navigation.

You would have to directly link to the snub fighter's computer, but you have had time  so we can assume that you have made it Helpful, as well as the astromech 'her' name is R4-T6, and she will, when not working as system operator for the Cloakshape fighter, hook into the ships systems from the hangar and just work to aid another for you on System Operator.  This will give you a steady +2 because she auto succeeds, even on a 1.  Combined with Helpful (adding the ships Int modifier to your checks +2) = a net +4 to all Use Computer checks.

R4-T6 has a 1 jump astrogation buffer so asks for the next jump coordinates just in case the snubfighter gets seperated from the Wrathful Bulwark.
(08-14-2021, 03:27 PM)Shunna Maza Wrote: "I was trying to find somewhere that had a mask but apparently there was no one who had any to sell," Shunna replies.  "Those of us who escaped from the mining asteroid should make themselves some kind of disguise.  I was trying to stay away from the security cameras but got stuck in the arena.  I was wearing a cloak but I don't know how much of our faces was seen during the fight.  I asked a friend who was returning to the asteroid to try to destroy any security or arena footage.  We'll have to hope no one who could mean us harm saw the footage and decided to track us down."

"Does anyone know anything about the places we're stopping at during the hyper jumps?  Maybe there's some place where we can purchase some decent disguises."

Galactic Lore anyone?  FYI you don't plan on actually stopping at any of those waypoints, escept long enough to calculate the next jump, but you certainly can if yiou choose to.
Galactic Lore (Fedje): [1d20+8]=14+8=22

Galactic Lore (Ketaris): [1d20+8]=3+8=11
Ubi familiarizes himself with the ship's pilot controls
(08-16-2021, 02:05 AM)Shunna Maza Wrote: Galactic Lore (Fedje): [1d20+8]=14+8=22

Galactic Lore (Ketaris): [1d20+8]=3+8=11

[Image: n6CPet5.jpg]

Fedje

Shunna knows Fedje fairly well, though she has never been there.
Fedje is a terrestrial planet with a number of large continents covered in forests. These contain many exotic arboreal lifeforms, including the rare folded ear boosqueak. It also has at least one large ocean. The inhabitants of the planet include mostly Humans, have settled in an area known as the Betreasley district. They are known for their expansive hand gestures while speaking. There are no known native sentient species,bvut as much of the planet is wild, there may possibly be some. The planet has been settled for over 10,000 years though, so it is unlikely. Refugee's from this planet were actually among those that became the Pius Dea Renunciates.

There are currently several million human inhabitants, so there is definitely the possibility of trade, though it is an Empire controlled planet (as are most)

Fedje is located at the intersection of the Braxant and Relgim Runs. The Braxant is the most important hyperlane through the galaxy's northern quadrant, while the Relgim Run traverses the Atrivis sector. This location makes the planet an important trading center, even though it's population is relatively small.

[Image: 2iUFVYl.jpg]

Ketaris

Shunna knows less about Ketaris, but as Ketaris is a more settled world than Fedje, what she does know is useful.

Ketaris main claim to fame is the University of Ketaris. The planet is a major trade center, it is a terrestrial ocean world, with a few large continents surrounded by great oceans.

The planet was settled during the Old Repubklic, and has a long history. It was a failed attemp to establish a trade hub that would compete with Ord Mantell. This failure did eventually succeed though, and now the planet is a thriving trade hub.
During the Clone Wars, Ketaris joined the Confederacy of Independent Systems.

The  University of Ketaris is a well-known institute of higher learning, an alternative to the Imperial Academies. One of it's most well known subjects of study is 
Xenoarchaeology and xenosociology. Many ancient artifacts of fallen alien civilizations are said to be locked away in the University's halls. Very few of them are on display for the public, but the ones that are are astounding.

In other words, if you want to trade, both planets might have what you need, but it may be easier to blend in in Ketaris' billiuons of people rarther than Fedje's millions.
Shunna will explain what she knows about both planets.  She will then suggest that if they are looking for disguises, Ketaris would be the easiest place to get them.  "I know we have two people who have only just joined us for who knows how long, but the rest of us have had our faces broadcast across the sector or further.  Probably most people wouldn't recognize us but there might be a few who have connections to the mining asteroid who may be interested in learning more about our escape.  So I suggest we all get disguises.  That includes the new passengers."  

She thought Jendu wouldn't have a problem with finding a disguise.  He's a politician who would likely not want his identity exposed to anyone who might use it to blackmail or target his family.  Sometimes Bounty hunters have been known to hold grudges.  But Korstyn might be a different story.  Mandalorians have codes of conduct and it's possible hers might include not hiding her armor.  But Shunna was more concerned about her being a force wielder.  There were so many unknowns about the Mando so a disguise would be a good idea.

Shunna had originally thought it was a good idea for both Jendu and Korstyn to find their own path with the force but the more she had time to think about it, the more she started to feel like not helping them might be setting them up for disaster.  At any time any one of them could be detected.  If Jendu and Korstyn were oblivious they could easily get themselves killed.  Perhaps, instead of just springing the Force on them, there might be a way to challenge them subtly to awaken them to possibilities of the Force.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon