RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Gemeris Station [Everyone]
(01-17-2021, 01:06 AM)Shunna Maza Wrote: [OoC: Alrighty then... ]

While they walk away, Shunna says, "Ok, lets decide what we're going to do and get off this rock as quickly as possible.  We need to find Long so we can get back Ubi's ship.  C'mon, the sooner the better."

"Does anyone have any preferences?  I'm not sure we need anything with a huge cargo hold if that means we're just going to get ourselves blown up because we can't defend ourselves.  We had an Imperial Shuttle and we were nearly blown out of space."

{OoC both ships pack about the same amount of firepower and shields. The GHTROC is faster and more nimble. The Wayfinder is bigger and operates as a flying home base, able to support up to two starfighters, and they are including 1 starfighter in the deal. So you actually get two ships and 4 speeder bikes and an astromech for the fighter.  You might be able to negotiate as well, getting a second fighter rather than the speeder bikes, but it would probably be a less capable fighter than the first one. So the decision is really down to player preference do you like to stick all together on one ship during a fight and each take specific roles, or do you want some characters to be able to operate totally individually.]
Quote this message in a reply
Ubi will offer to examine both ships to get a better idea of the advantages and disadvantages of each, to help our group make it's decision.
(01-17-2021, 03:33 PM)Captian Ubi Sunt Wrote: Ubi will offer to examine both ships to get a better idea of the advantages and disadvantages of each, to help our group make it's decision.
See ship stats already posted here http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....7#pid48597
[[Korstyn is likely not involved in this decision, since she just joined, but she would go with the Wrathful Bulwark. Whatever the combat capabilities of the transport itself, nothing multiplies and projects force like an extra attacker on the battlefield (or space, in this case). Having the transport attacking and the cloakshape as well will mean 2 chances to damage the enemy as opposed to one.]]
(01-18-2021, 03:45 AM)Korstyn Steele Wrote: [[Korstyn is likely not involved in this decision, since she just joined, but she would go with the Wrathful Bulwark.  Whatever the combat capabilities of the transport itself, nothing multiplies and projects force like an extra attacker on the battlefield (or space, in this case).  Having the transport attacking and the cloakshape as well will mean 2 chances to damage the enemy as opposed to one.]]

Zero makes a similar argument, albeit a little more technically.  It believes attacking form multiple vectors would have a greater chance of success as well as provide more targets for an enemy to split it's attacks against.  The speeder bikes would also be an asset for the humanoids since they're limited to bipedal locomotion.  He does insist that if party members want this ship, the need for members to learn how to use heavy weapons is crucial.  There's no point in piloting the second craft if you're unable to properly aim.
"I agree, the Wrathful Bulwark, with its cargo hold capable of carrying extra ships would help in a fight but I didn't think we were looking for a fight.  We aren't pirates or bounty hunters.  I thought we were going to try to avoid trouble.  We were looking for Long and the longer it takes to search for him, the less likely we'll track him down.  Having a faster ship would speed up the process of locating him before something else happens that causes him to run off again."
"Not that I am afraid of getting into and out of the occasional scrape, but I think Shunna is right, our current mission I think requires speed if we are to locate and catch up to that droid who took off with my ship and cargo!", says Ubi
[OoC looking at the stats they have the same hyperdrive speed, so it is only the sublight/tactical speed where the GHTROC is quicker, for actually travelling between destinations they are the same]

"I can pilot and use heavy weapons, so can pilot either craft, or be one of the gunners on teh main. I like the idea of having more ships in the fight at once."
"Could we fit more than one fighter inside the ship?"
"Yes it can, perhaps we could trade the 4 landspeeders and some of the gear from the shuttle's storage lockers for a 2nd fighter!" suggests Ubi.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon