RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average

[IC] New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
Kubo will take a moment to study the rocks and use his stonecunning to determine the most efficient means to clear the rock.
Quote this message in a reply
(01-19-2022, 01:58 PM)Crozar the Sunspot Wrote: Crozar stands and stretches.  The massive cacatae says, "I think we should save the spell and possible Torque reflex. Between Kubo, Tomeal and I, we should be able to clear the rocks fairly quickly.  I think that a creature burning hot enough to melt stone might cause damage to the door itself.  It is why I didn't suggest calling a servant of Sanshad to do work on it too."

[[Psst... Light elementals don't produce heat. ]]

Kubo is pretty confident the rocks are a true cave-in and not a stone trap but Ning should use his trap seeking skills to confirm his assessment.  He thinks it will probably take 1.5 to 2 hours to clear away all the stone.  If someone has a block and tackle it would take probably half the time.
[[Crozar only has an average intelligence, so sometimes gets facts like that confused.]]

Hearing Kubo's assessment Crozar chuckled ruefully and says, "This is the second or third time we have run into an obstacle where a block and tackle would be useful.  We should definitely look at getting something like that, or maybe building one.  Oh well, let's get too it."  Following Kubo's directions as the stone expert, Crozar will begin moving rockfall out of the way.
Ning tells his brother to summon the thoqqua, he has no inbterest in waiting hours longer here in the Torque than they need to when the thoqqua cold clear the rubble in mere moments.
(01-21-2022, 01:51 PM)Crozar the Sunspot Wrote: [[Crozar only has an average intelligence, so sometimes gets facts like that confused.]]

Hearing Kubo's assessment Crozar chuckled ruefully and says, "This is the second or third time we have run into an obstacle where a block and tackle would be useful.  We should definitely look at getting something like that, or maybe building one.  Oh well, let's get too it."  Following Kubo's directions as the stone expert, Crozar will begin moving rockfall out of the way.

[[Well, any stat that gives you a bonus is above average.  I don't know if you originally took Light thinking it did burn and then later realized it didn't but if you wished to change it you can.  It really wouldn't make that much of a difference since you get to pick a new type in a few levels, anyways.]]

Nang takes over his brother's ability to speak and over the next full round he uses his Spontaneous Summoning Feat to burn a spell to cast Summon Nature's Ally.  

spellcraft: [1d20+12]=16+12=28

Nang manages the Torque and suddenly a 4' long, 1' diameter, slug-like creature weighing about 200 pounds appears.  Nang speaks to the creature in Terran, asking it to please clear away the rock in front of the door in the cave.  The creature immediately slithers into the cave and begins to melt its way through the stone.

In at most 5 minutes the thoqqua has melted the boulders blocking your way.  The cave is still very hot so Elphaba (supernatural) summons a team of 3 Ice Mephits, covered in tentacles, eyes, and gnashing teeth.  They spend the next 10 round using their breath weapons to cool down the lava.  She also summons another team of 3 ice Mephits 5 rounds after the first and 1 more ice Mephit on the 10th round.

[1d3]=3
[1d3]=3
[1d3]=1; [It's stupid you use a higher level summons and get the same number as if you used the lower summons.  It'd be more fair if the number summoned was 1d2+1.]

After so many of the tentacled mephits blasted the lava over and over the cave becomes cool enough to enter.
Relaxing to the side near Kubo Crozar says, "This is definitely easier, but I don't know if it is all that faster.  Being able to watch summonings is always a treat."

[[I forgot he has a mod for Int after the stat add from level 3. will have to start playing him smarter Tongue
Crozar is just grousing.  this was obviously way faster.]]
[Bump]
[[I’m honestly not sure what Selina is supposed to do here. She asked Simon to examine the cave for the energy source.]]
Everyone watches as the Mephits appear and blast the cave over and over then slowly disappear.  Simon watches the display and after the Mephits have all vanished he looks around and notices everyone seems to be looking at him.

"Oh, you want me to go in there by myself," Simon says with a bit of surprise.  "Al... alright, then."  He takes out his detection instrument and slowly walks toward the opening with the antenna pointing into the cave.  Simon adjusts some of the dials then steps deeper and deeper into the cave until he completely disappears.  Minutes go by of the party waiting for some word from the scientist.  Five minutes later his head pops out of the cave.  "It's magical.  It also appears to block any attempt I try to penetrate the door with my sensors.  There are runes around the edge that I think are some kind of riddle." 
Crozar hefts his cleaver and starts walking towards the cave mouth, "Let's go take a look at it then.  Sorry you went in by yourself Simon, I wasn't paying attention or would have gone with you.  I'll try to do better in the future."

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon