RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Black Hills Caves: Exploration Day 2
[OOC - Retrieving the black card from her pocket or a potion, scroll from her bandolier are not out of easy reach, so retrieving one of them doesn't provoke AOO, or does? ]

[OOC - She will use her move action after Gurkagh, and Reawyn's turns. ]
Quote this message in a reply
Gurkagh attacks again with his club, missing widely.

Improvised weapon two handed [1d20+4]=5+4=9; Damage [1d8+3]=6+3=9
Reawyn will continue to jab at the flying robot from the door way with his longspear.

long spear [1d20+2]=14+2=16; Damage [1d8]=5
Eva  hops-up onto the bed (G3)
Jump: Eva's acrobatics: [1d20+3]=8+3=11

and she tries tumbling but provokes AOO (20'), AC21
Tumble: Eva's acrobatics: [1d20+3]=7+3=10

[[ if  the robot doesn't have combat reflexes then it have one aoo so everybody else can move without provoking aoo for a round]]

She has left 10'.
From G3 she jumps down to F3 (DC10?) and moves to E3.
Eva's acrobatics: [1d20+3]=12+3=15

Eva hopes she can avoid the robot's attack and the robot will follow her so the others will get AOO. And of course she would have a better position in E3.
(11-26-2021, 08:49 AM)Eva Morningtide Wrote: [OOC - Retrieving the black card from her pocket or a potion, scroll from her bandolier are not out of easy reach, so retrieving one of them doesn't provoke AOO, or does? ]

[OOC - She will use her move action after Gurkagh, and Reawyn's turns. ]

[OoC: Retrieving a stored item does provoke an AoO.  I've looked at bandolier and I could only find magical bandoliers that could allow the user to avoid the AoO. ]

You all continue to hear the muffled sounds of agonized screams and feeble thumping from a tall cylindrical pod behind Eva.

Initiative NameDamage HealedDamage InflictedCurrent Hit PointsConditionsNotes!
18.4Eva---5pts (Flying Bot)5/17------
17.7Flying Robot ------ ??/??------
7.6E10---8pts(Flying Bot)8/11---Critical!
7.4Cyn-Ezra------0/18------
7.2Gurkagh---5pts7/10---Critical!
5.2Reawyn------ 0/15------

Quote:FYI: Robot is immune to flanking

Eva successfully Hops-up on the bed (DC10) but her cartwheel fails to zip past the bots defenses.  It lashes out at Eva...

Attack: [1d20+5]=4+5=9, Damage: [1d4+3]=3+3=6

But completely misses her.

Unfortunately the bot doesn't do as Eva hopes and decides to split its attacks between Gurkagh and E10!  It punches at the Shaman...

Attack: [1d20+5]=6+5=11, Damage: [1d4+3]=2+3=5; Miss

Then fires an second punch at E10!

Attack: [1d20+5]=20+5=25, Damage: [1d4+3]=1+3=4; POSSIBLE CRITICAL HIT!
Attack: [1d20+5]=17+5=22, Damage: [1d4+3]=1+3=4; Confirmed!

The bot gives the monk a shot in the teeth, filling his mouth with blood. [8 damage!]

E10 then retaliates by throwing 2 Shurikens but both 'tink' off the bot's chassis. (Just a reminder, using a ranged weapon while threatened usually results in an AoO.  Eva absorbed the AoO this round but if she had not done what she had done, you would have got the AoO.) 

Cyn loads her pistol and then takes aim...  She blasts the bot in its face but still her bullet deflects off its chassis!

Gurkagh then takes a swing for the bot and completely misses. (FYI: The bot does a minimum of 4 damage and you only have 3 hit points left.  If you're not healing because you have no more healing you might want to mention that to the party.)

Reawyn then jabs at the bot with his spear.  The tip pokes it but due to its ultra smooth chassis the point just slips off its outer shell.

[EVA's turn!  The Bot's turn! Then everyone else's turns.  Feel free to post whenever.]

Map:
[Image: 6um8aq0.png]
Gurkagh, step back! - Eva yells as free action when the robot is attacking them.

[[ OOC - I think it can't be Eva's turn again. These actions of party member's were in the previous round so E10 and others come first after the robot then Eva again.
http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....6#pid55996 ]]

She moves 5' to E-4 E-2 and drops her rapier. From there won't be cover and penalties if Gurkagh step back 5ft. She fires two arrows (spell combat+spel strike). If Gurkagh won't step back then she will move to G-4 and fire only one arrow.

Eva's longbow attack: [1d20+7]=12+7=19 damage: [1d8+3]=8+3=11 (+1 STR, +1 PBS, +1 enhancement bonus arcane pool) -2 att = AC17
spell strike:
Eva's longbow attack: [1d20+7]=11+7=18 damage: [1d8+3]=2+3=5 (+1 STR, +1 PBS, +1 enhancement bonus arcane pool) -2 att = AC16
Ray of Frost: [1d3+1]=3+1=4 cold damage

Is it a small sized robot?

⏁⊑⟒⍀⟒ ⟟⌇!  ⋏⍜ ⋏⟒⟒⎅ ⏁⍜ ⌇⏁⍀⎍☌☌⌰⟒? ⏁⊑⟒ ⎅⍜☊⏁⍜⍀ ⍙⟟⌰⌰ ⏚⟒ ⍙⟟

I'm here! You never catch me, you rusty scrap metal!
[OoC:  It took me a while but I figured out what happened.  Eva attacked with her rapiers.  Then while E10 was trying to figure out his position, you and I were figuring out what to do with the hospital bed.  When I was finally ready to post I accidently let Eva do a Hop-up instead of letting the other characters do their turns.  That means you shouldn't have done a Hop-up yet.  

I think the best thing to do is to erase your Hop-up actions and put you back to H-3 (when you attacked with your rapiers).  Nothing will change for everyone else except for you would be the target for the bot who happened to get a critical of 8 damage (minimum  Rolleyes ).

You would also have to change your action for the start of this round because you'd be threatened again but you can still do the Hop-up if you want and you can keep your rolls.

Does that sound good?]
(11-30-2021, 07:50 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [OoC:  It took me a while but I figured out what happened.  Eva attacked with her rapiers.  Then while E10 was trying to figure out his position, you and I were figuring out what to do with the hospital bed.  When I was finally ready to post I accidently let Eva do a Hop-up instead of letting the other characters do their turns.  That means you shouldn't have done a Hop-up yet.  

I think the best thing to do is to erase your Hop-up actions and put you back to H-3 (when you attacked with your rapiers).  Nothing will change for everyone else except for you would be the target for the bot who happened to get a critical of 8 damage (minimum  Rolleyes ).

You would also have to change your action for the start of this round because you'd be threatened again but you can still do the Hop-up if you want and you can keep your rolls.

Does that sound good?]

[ooc - Eva attacked with her rapier (standard action) but she also had a move action (hop-up). I think it wasn't another standard action.

Action: None. An Acrobatics check is made as part of another action or as a reaction to a situation.

EDITED - I see what happened. http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....7#pid55897 She has moved free 5ft after her attack and I remembered she has left a move action but forgot about the 5ft step.

Okay.
So she will hop-up in her next turn and then fires only one arrow.
OR
She can move 30ft in this round as move action (5ft+hop-up+jump down) and she has provoked aoo earlier at 5ft step. If I can change the action in this way that would be good for me.

But DM decides Big Grin

]
[OoC: Ok, so this might confuse some people but trust the process... ]

You all continue to hear the muffled sounds of agonized screams and feeble thumping from a tall cylindrical pod behind Eva.

Initiative NameDamage HealedDamage InflictedCurrent Hit PointsConditionsNotes!
18.4Eva---5pts+8pts(Flying Bot)13/17---Bloodied!
17.7Flying Robot ------ ??/??------
7.6E10------00/11------
7.4Cyn-Ezra------0/18------
7.2Gurkagh---5pts7/10---Critical!
5.2Reawyn------ 0/15------

Quote:FYI: Robot is immune to flanking

[OoC2:  The more I look at this, the more it looks like you might have taken 4 rounds of actions.]
Post #761: http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....7#pid55897; [Perception and rapier]
Post #772: http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....5#pid56025We are starting here! Fighting Defensively
Post #780: http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....3#pid56053; Hop-up and move
Post #782: http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....3#pid56053; Arrows

Eva begins to fight defensively [–4 penalty on all attacks in a round to gain a +2 dodge bonus to AC until the start of your next turn.]  She swings at the bot but her blade is deflected by its natural armor.

The bot then lashes out at Eva with both of its attacks

1st: Attack: [1d20+5]=6+5=11, Damage: [1d4+3]=2+3=5; Miss

2nd: Attack: [1d20+5]=20+5=25, Damage: [1d4+3]=1+3=4; POSSIBLE CRITICAL HIT!
Attack: [1d20+5]=17+5=22, Damage: [1d4+3]=1+3=4; HIT!

Eva easily avoids the first punch by ducking low but the second strikes her with a solid upper cut.  Her head snaps back and her mouth fills with blood.

[Now it's E10, Cyn, Gurkagh, and Reawyn's turns. ]

Map

[Image: cSArThB.png]
When she misses again, Cyn says, "What in the heck is going on?" 

Cyn loads her pistol.  She then carefully eyes her target and fires another round at the bot!

Touch Attack: [1d20+8]=20+8=28, Damage: [1d8+1]=5+1=6; Possible Critical  Smile
Touch Attack: [1d20+8]=16+8=24, Damage: [1d8+1]=1+1=2; Confirmed  Big Grin
Additional Critical Damage: [1d8+1]=5+1=6, [1d8+1]=2+1=3; 17 damage   Undecided (18 is average)

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon