RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Black Hills Caves: Exploration Day 2
[FYI: I've started giving hints about how damaged a creature looks in the Conditions column.  If it says 'Bloodied!' then it appears to have taken at least 50% of its health in damage.  If it says, 'Dying!' it means it appears to have taken over 75% of it's health in damage.  Some creatures like those who are incorporeal will probably not display damage so you visually can't determine how damaged the monster appears.  Other creatures might be able to feign they are more hurt then they actually are. ]

Initiative NameDamage HealedDamage InflictedCurrent Hit PointsConditionsNotes!
20.7Cyn-Ezra------0/18------
18.4Eva------0/17------
15.2Robot 1------ ??/??SURPRISED!---
13.2Robot 2---9pts(Cin), 8pts(Cin) 17/??Bloodied!---
14.2Gurkagh---2pts(4 armed Skelly)2/10------
9.6E10------0/11------
5.2Reawyn------ 0/15------
Quote:Notes:

Surprise round: May only make Move or Standard actions.  May do a 5' step with a Standard action.  AoO possible if not surprised!

While Cin steps back 5', she reloads her pistol with blinding speed and fires off another shot at the robot she blasted last round.  It cartridge blasts another hole in the technological terror's chassis. 

As the pounding on the north door becomes frantic, the stream of thoughts from the plant creature start flooding into your minds... ~Open the door!~, ~I'm HUNGRY!~, ~Open the DOOR!~, ~OPEN the DOOR!~, ~OPEN THE DOOOOOOR~!!! 

[OoC: Waiting to see if Eva still wants to cast color spray or do something else.]

Map:

[Image: UT5zGkA.png]

Quote this message in a reply
[OoC Eva, color spray is a bad idea because you are also getting E10 in the cone]
(09-15-2021, 12:32 AM)Gurkagh Wrote: [OoC Eva, color spray is a bad idea because you are also getting E10 in the cone]

[Only if she was spraying on a diagonal.  If she sprays straight toward the east the spray goes out 5' (missing E10) then would hit both Robots.  If she moved first, she would hit him. But like I said, constructs are immune to mind affecting effects. ]
(09-14-2021, 11:42 AM)GM Marvel Wrote:
(09-14-2021, 06:52 AM)Eva Morningtide Wrote: In the surprise round Eva casts a Color Spray (std action) and moves to I10 (5 ft. step)

[OoC:  Color Spray is mind affecting.  Robots are a subtype of Constructs so I don't think they are affected by those types of spells.

Way back when Chrome cast sleep on some robots, he had an archtype which allowed his spells to affect constrcts]

[[OoC: You are right because it's an illusion (pattern) spell and all enchantments, illusion (patterns), and illusion (phantasms) are mind-affecting.

I hoped perhaps it has stun effects. (+4 will save for constructs). So in this case good to know that E10 and Eva are also immune to Color Spray.

A vivid cone of clashing colors springs forth from your hand, causing creatures to become stunned, perhaps also blinded, and possibly knocking them unconscious.
Sightless creatures are not affected by color spray.

]]
Eva uses her arcane spool to attack the surprised robot then moves to I10. 

Eva's longbow attack: [1d20+7]=5+7=12 damage: [1d8+3]=8+3=11 (+1 STR, +1 PBS, +1 enhancement bonus arcane pool)

+Ray of frost as part of the ranged attack [1d3+1]=1+1=2
(09-15-2021, 10:01 AM)Eva Morningtide Wrote:
(09-14-2021, 11:42 AM)GM Marvel Wrote:
(09-14-2021, 06:52 AM)Eva Morningtide Wrote: In the surprise round Eva casts a Color Spray (std action) and moves to I10 (5 ft. step)

[OoC:  Color Spray is mind affecting.  Robots are a subtype of Constructs so I don't think they are affected by those types of spells.

Way back when Chrome cast sleep on some robots, he had an archtype which allowed his spells to affect constrcts]

[[OoC: You are right because it's an illusion (pattern) spell and all enchantments, illusion (patterns), and illusion (phantasms) are mind-affecting.

I hoped perhaps it has stun effects. (+4 will save for constructs). So in this case good to know that E10 and Eva are also immune to Color Spray.

A vivid cone of clashing colors springs forth from your hand, causing creatures to become stunned, perhaps also blinded, and possibly knocking them unconscious.
Sightless creatures are not affected by color spray.

]]

[OoC: except Constructs say they are immune to Stunning effects.  Android are 'constructed' and say they get +4 bonus vs mind affecting effects and stunning.  So Androids aren't immune to color spray but would get a +4 bonus on their save throws. ]
[ OOC - right, andorids are immune to disease and sleep effects only ]
[OoC: Sorry for the delay.  As usual my time to post between Thursday evening and Saturday evening is very limited because I have company who visits during that time. ]

[OoC2: A red asterisk * on a token indicates they've been bloodied (taken at least half their hit points in damage).]

Initiative NameDamage HealedDamage InflictedCurrent Hit PointsConditionsNotes!
20.7Cyn-Ezra------0/18------
18.4Eva------0/17------
15.2Robot 12pts (fast healing)13pts(Eva) 11/??SURPRISED!---
13.2Robot 22pts (fast healing)9pts(Cin), 8pts(Cin) 15/??Bloodied!---
14.2Gurkagh---2pts(4 armed Skelly)2/10------
9.6E10---7pts(Med Drone)7/11Bloodied!---
5.2Reawyn------ 0/15------
Quote:Notes:

Surprise round: May only make Move or Standard actions.  May do a 5' step with a Standard action.  AoO possible if not surprised!

Eva draws upon her arcane pool to enhance her bow's attacks for the next minute.  She then imbues her arrow with a ray of frost and fires at the surprised drone.  The arrow pierces its armor sending a burst of both frost and electricity from the arrow hole in its chassis.  [13 damage]

Robot1 is having a difficult time computing where the party suddenly appeared from when it's hit in the chest with a frost arrow.  Suddenly you see the broken metal parts begin to slowly bend and creek to start passively healing itself right before the party's eyes.

Robot2 also begins to passively patch itself back together from the gunshot wounds but its CPU is much more efficient at piecing the situation together.    

The robot2 seems to speak, "⌿⌰⟒⏃⌇⟒ ⍀⟒⋔⏃⟟⋏ ☊⏃⌰⋔; ⊬⍜⎍ ⏃⍀⟒ ⏁⍜ ⎍⋏⎅⟒⍀☌⍜ ⏃ ⋔⟒⎅⟟☊⏃⌰ ⌿⍀⍜☊⟒⎅⎍⍀⟒," but most of you don't understand what it's saying.  

[The two androids in the party get the language automatically and understand the strange speech as Androffan.]
Translation...
"Please remain calm; you are to undergo a medical procedure."

Robot2 then immediately swipes at E10 with the hypodermic needles at the tips of its fingers...

Claw attack: [1d20+6]=12+6=18, Damage: [1d4+6]=1+6=7; HIT!!; 7 Damage!; E10 can't seem to catch a break!  Sad

The needles pierce E10's skin.  The attack was a mere nick but the strength of the drone nearly bowled him over.  The drone then taps the grey panel [swift action] to keep the door open.  

[It's now Gurkagh's, E10 and Reawyn's turns!]

[Cin and Eva's initiative is right after the rest of the party's actions. ]

Map:
[Image: 2pt8LKV.png]

E.S.S.A.C.C.U.S-10, attempts to retaliate against the robot.
MW Wyroot DanBong Attack = [1d20+3]=2+3=5, Dan Bong Damage = [1d6+2]=5+2=7
Dan Bong Attack = [1d20+2]=11+2=13, Dan Bong Damage = [1d6+2]=4+2=6
Gurkagh swipes at robot 1  with his improvised club.

Improvised weapon two handed [1d20+4]=18+4=22; Damage [1d8+3]=1+3=4

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon